Australian Domestic Cricket

Queensland probably have Reardon intentionally down at no. 7 so they have a pure strokemaker at the end of the innings, but if he keeps churning out runs like he's doing this season, he really has to move up.

And Hartley chops a pull onto his stumps, it seems the Bird is the word.

Dam he missed the hattrick :( Awesome stuff from Bird another one of the picked stars from me :D If the selectors were picking on OD form alone he'd definitely be near our ODI side.

He's obviously made for limited overs with that inswinging yorker, but I'd be surprised if he can't get some first class wickets this summer. That niggling hamstring would be something to think about, though. He's had back problems and the issues over his action, so the last thing he wants is to be seen as injury prone.

He can't even get a game with Bracken, Cameron and Bollinger out so I don't think hes gonna get a run with Bollinger back and Cameron and Bracken hopefully returning soon.

As long as he is playing FRC I'm happy as his form is too hard to miss. And Hazelwood is probably in front of Bird as well.

The Blues are bottom of the Shield table, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their pecking order.

Thats why we are at the bottom. We have been missing Bollinger and Katich and Jaques for that matter all year. Cameron and Bracken missed the last game. Jaques is injured but if he wasn't he would be playing for Australia or us, and if hes playing for Australia it means we have Katich...

Bulls really need to attack here.They are too much defensive in field setup.Wicket has been dried up totally and ball is turning now quite sharply.
Bulls need to stop these easy singles..

Thats why we are at the bottom. We have been missing Bollinger and Katich and Jaques for that matter all year. Cameron and Bracken missed the last game. Jaques is injured but if he wasn't he would be playing for Australia or us, and if hes playing for Australia it means we have Katich...
But how are imaginary selections bad for Bird's chances? He can't get a game and the players who are getting a game aren't winning. If the players outside the team keep taking wickets or making runs and the players in the team keep losing, then the pecking order will clearly change quite quickly.

Steven Smith certainly is having a good week. First runs and wickets against the Kiwis and now against the Bulls. Hopefully he can guide us home from here as the other batters apart from Hughes really let the side down. We will now see if playing O'Keefe will come back to cost us the game as having Khawaja there and opening could have lead to a more stable partnership.

I really don't know why O'Keefe was playing. And we might need a keeper change as I'm not too confident with Daniel Smith with the bat.

Keep playing the kids. You'll be better for it down the road and so will Australia.

I wish we would call up more younger players.

Users who are viewing this thread