Australian Domestic Cricket

With that Victorian batting and the WA bowlers not being as great in the shorter form of the game WA need at least 250 to have any shot. Interesting seeing Ronchi drop down the order.

As predicted (well, hypothesised) the Luke Ronchi show came to town, but the real surprise is that he's been supported well by the spinner Aaron Heal. This unbeaten hundred run 7th wicket partnership rattled out at 8.5 runs per over and has not simply brought WA back into the game, it's put them in a commanding position.

Lol WA must be looking silly now after how Rogers has gone in this match. Victoria's big guns were out cheaply but the other big gun White is still there. North off spinners certainly are handy, wickets in FRC now.

Vics in a good position now, McDonald and Crosthwaite have been in form and don't need to do anything special to win from here. WA need to push the field in, methinks.

Nice win yet again for Victoria.

And once again the NSW selectors are listening to me :) Daniel Smith now dropped for Nevill. Would have preferred them keeping faith in Khawaja but at least they have brought in youngish guys.

New South Wales squad Phillip Hughes, Ed Cowan, David Warner, Ben Rohrer, Steven Smith, Dominic Thornely (capt), Moises Henriques, Peter Nevill (wk), Nathan Hauritz, Aaron Bird, Nathan Bracken, Doug Bollinger.

They have the talent pool, the trick is to find the core players. Bringing in someone like Ed Cowan is only of use if he's going to step up to that role.

And it seems NSW have found at least one new core player, David Warner has made a century in 76 balls. NSW seem set to beat a lacklustre Tas, 1/165 in 25 overs chasing a rain affected 246 and with 9 wickets in hand, they're a chance of wrapping up the chase at 36 overs to take a bonus point.

SA in a good position with a 100 by Younus Khan - anybody know how the pitch would be at the Gabba?

South Australia 4/317, Younus 118 and Ferguson 112

Finally NSW has clicked in the FRC. With the return of Bracken, Bollinger looked more settled with his 2 fer and leading wicket taker Bird grabbed another 4 although alot more expensive. But the big surprise came from Warner amazing 165, absolutely murdered the best bowling attack in the comp. Chased down Tassie 246 well within 40 overs, the way Warner was going he could have got 200 if we were batting first.

SA in a good position with a 100 by Younus Khan - anybody know how the pitch would be at the Gabba?

South Australia 4/317, Younus 118 and Ferguson 112
The top scorers for both teams survived dropped catches, so it's probably more lively than the scores suggest, but it's clear from the scorecard that there were plenty of balls to hit for four in between the good ones. It's a typical Gabba wicket; hard and fast, good for the run rate, but with the slightest green tinge to keep the fast bowlers interested.

And I missed a brilliant game of cricket! My cricket club game me a flyer which entitled me to free entry to the NSW vs Tasmania game but I couldn't go. It would of a masterclass of attacking batting from Warner which would of been great to witness.

I can't believe how much Watson's bowling has improved. Of course he had a good pitch to bowl on but 7 wickets is a dam good effort. Made a quickfire 80 too, he might finally be clicking into place.

Should have played in Adelaide ahead of Symonds :rolleyes:

I'm happy for him that he has taken 7-fa. His 81 seemed to be well made as well, just a shame he couldn't get a hundred.

Seems the Redbacks are hatching. A match that was more worthy of TV coverage than the Test series.

Khan back to his old ways :p Good second dig by Klinger the pitch looked pretty similar to what the 1st test was played on. The SA batting certainly looks a lot more stable this season and with Christian clicking with the ball their bowling attack is starting to look better.

Users who are viewing this thread