Australian Domestic Cricket

Even though I'm yet to watch him, I think they should probably rate Peter George ahead of Rofe or Cleary. Maybe even ahead of Tait as well. I expected him to fare a lot better on a pitch with some juice. At Adelaide he's bowled 4/137 and 3/104, but with his 3/113 at Hobart, 3/176 is his worst return so far.

Agree George has been very good in his 2 matches especially considering he averages 22 and thats with a match at the Adelaide oval.

Tassie v NSW has turned out to be a cracker with the ball. I thought NSW were having another one of their shockers but Tassie is currently out doing NSW poor batting when they were 7-47 before Lambert released the pressure. Bracken had some crazy figures but they went off a bit to 5-14. Henriques has no runs against his name after 3 overs and produced the 2nd highest score of 38 just a shame he didn't go on. And Hughes 93 was put into perspective after Tassie display.

Good to see Klinger prove he can hack it on difficult pitches too, I think that knock has confirmed for me that he's the real deal. Hope to see him in the green & gold for a ODI some time soon.

I think Bracken is a smarter bowler. Can bowl good cutters to deceive batsmen. I wouldn't mind if he played Test cricket again.

Typical NSW bias. Bracken has proven to be a fantastic ODI bowler but lacks the wicket taking ability in test cricket. Bollinger as a left armer is in front of him, and Johnson obviously is too.

They're obviously going to keep on picking Johnson because he hasn't done much wrong but Bollinger is a good bowler.

Flipping heck. Philip Hughes standing alone again, saving the baby blues from more batting humiliation.

Last edited:
Klinger today scored 60 in 100 balls. In a stronger line-up you could probably say he screwed the Redbacks out of a good score, but they've conceded 6/54 in the last 10 overs and would welcome all the runs they can get from here.

angryangy added 40 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

205 is SA's score and there's certainly a bonus point on offer. Perren can at least match Klinger as opener, while we could expect to see strokeplay from Hopes at the other end. Watson and Carseldine are the big guns in the middle order that Qld would like a big score from, because the all rounders Nye, Simpson and Hartley are a bit less reliable. Reardon has played some potent innings of late and could be able to nurse the Bulls over the line if things go awry.

Wow go Hughes, this is more like him from last season where his mind was right on cricket and not throwing his wicket away. Good to see Steven Smith make a contribution with the bat. Thornely really needs to step up though, hes way too inconsistent, and Daniel Smith is the same.

Tasmania still need 218 to win so from previous batting performances in this match the Blues can still win this.

From the QLD vs SA game, Hopes took 2/24 and made 75. I know he wouldn't be in Test contention but does he still warrant a spot in the OD squad, I think he does.

It's a weird game, both Hughes and Paine appear to be enjoying the most comfortable of conditions, but noone else is.

It's like the Gabba pitch we had during the test between Aus and NZ. Batters needed to apply themselves to score runs.

Lambert is starting to be ineffective with the ball of late in particular going for lots of runs and taking no wickets and no contribution with the bat. We needed a Cockley or Cameron over him.

Lost to Tasmania by three wickets. Dissapointing because I thought we were a real chance considering no one scored over 180 prior to Tasmania's second dig.

Users who are viewing this thread