Australian Domestic Cricket

We're crap!

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

When did Dave Warner suddendly become class?

I've been wondering that. He was crap and useless before I went away, I come back and he nearly has the fastest One Day ton and a $200k contract in the IPL.

Really shows how much NSW depend on the openers, Hughes has failed in his past two knocks both of which has seen NSW struggle. Losing Warner totally killed the momentum. Our middle order just can't seem to stick around and produce the partnership.

SA were just as dependent on their top order, but theirs scored runs. Any good one day side should be fairly dependent on the top order, because you'd have to have a bad one to have all the batting strength below no. 3.

However, there are shades of failure. NSW probably didn't stand a chance of chasing unless they got some early runs, but that's not to say they couldn't have scored over 200. What they produced was utter capitulation, conceding not one, but two bonus points to SA. The season isn't over for the Redbacks as a result, but it is for NSW.

Yea true, only the top 2 teams in this comp have a strong enough middle order. We do have Thornely who really needs to step up as hes the most experienced in the side but has done very little since his early form in the season.

Don't know what NSW can do from here since they already have blooded a number of youngsters.

It was always going to be tough for them without Katich, Jaques or Haddin, plus several bowlers appearing and disappearing like pokemon. They just have to keep at it and persist with what seems like the most talented XI. Some of them are going to be proper senior players at a very young age if they keep getting the experience.

Finally got to my first domestic match for the year today, saw Victoria knock off WA in the Shield. MCG outfield looks slow and the pitch looks pretty good for the bowlers. McDonald and Wright the two best for us, both scored a 50 and a 4 wicket haul.

Read NSW has dropped 5 players including Henriques and Steven Smith. I really do wonder what our selectors are doing. If they weren't performing fair enough but both were the 2nd highest scorer in one of the inns in the last match.

I'm pretty sure those two play in the FRC but don't play in the Shield team.

They have been in both sides for the last few matches and Henriques pretty much walked straight into the side when he returned from injury.

The only positive from the changes is Roher getting a shot and Cameron back.

Good day for us. 6/483 declared. Very unselfish of Thornely, he declared with him on 87. He could have went haywire but maybe he cared about his average more :p Daniel smith made his first good knock of the season with 96.

We are yet to get an early breakthrough though. Who is Rohrer? Is he a youngster?

He scored 160 odd on debut 2 seasons ago but hasn't been able to crack the side. 27 so not young but hes been going good in grade cricket.

Smith did play one other good knock but this is his best. Now he just needs to do this when the pressure is on. TBH he really should be in the OD side given the rate he scores at, FC should have been the one he got dropped from but this knock would have secured that spot now.

Good to have Cameron back in the side and taking wickets. Maybe could have used Cockley in there somewhere as he seems to have a knack for taking wickets as well.

About the smith stuff, he doesn't score at that rate in the one dayers because he gets out when hes on 20 odd!

Users who are viewing this thread