Australian Domestic Cricket

I really don't know why he hasn't made more runs in the OD format, the way he scores in FC suggest he can do it. Looking at Nevil and hearing his grade form I'm not too confident about him now.

The SCG wicket looks to be an absolute road. We couldn't make any in roads. Good on Klinger for making yet another 100 though.
Our batters are gunning it, Rohrer 51 of just 31 balls and Hughes was out with his strike rate well over 100. I think Rohrer should be in our FRC side with that type of knock.

Vic again too strong for the next best team in our comp. McDonald is proving really handy in the OD game, might not be too long before he cracks the Aussie lineup.

I really don't know why he hasn't made more runs in the OD format, the way he scores in FC suggest he can do it. Looking at Nevil and hearing his grade form I'm not too confident about him now.

Hughes can't score runs either. He just goes swinging at wide ones. He needs to take 5 overs to play himself in.

Seems to be the way these young guys go, Pomersbach also struggles in the OD game. But in saying that Hughes does have three 50s so he can definitely play the OD game.

Very sporting declaration by NSW and Bollinger has the first wicket. A bit expensive lately though.
And he now has Klinger, I hope this is him returning to form.

There's still probably 50 overs left, and they need 234 more. It's game on now they have lost 2 wickets, and the big one of Klinger.

Very much in the balance. Fast scoring from SA can get them home, but they need over 4 an over. 8 wickets left for NSW to get, if they can get to the tail before Tea, it's highly possible.

There my man Bollinger, 6 fer to win the game for NSW and take the free first inns points gifted by SA. Great stuff :) Usually they go for the draw good to see them actually trying for the win.

If I may hijack this thread for a moment, can anyone give me details on Bollinger and Nannes from watching them bowl please. I only have seen either bowl scarcely when they were over in England. Nannes was extremely impressive to me in the T20, bowling at 145kph and making the batsmen extremely uncomfortable with movement whereas Bollinger was nothing short of useless over in England.

Really? I would have thought Bollinger would suit the English conditions really well. He bowls quick in Australia, and swings the balls both way. Her took the 2nd most wickets last year, probably would have taken the most if it wasn't for injury that kept him out of the last 2 games I think and the final.

In FC cricket in England in 2007, he took 16 wickets at 44.56, going for 3.73 runs an over and bowling almost exclusively below 85mph.

That was before Bollinger made a bang. After that tour of England he started ripping up. Hes can get into the low 140s but his main asset is his swing. Bowling in England is always harder since they use a different ball which a number of our bowlers have problems swinging.

If I may hijack this thread for a moment, can anyone give me details on Bollinger and Nannes from watching them bowl please. I only have seen either bowl scarcely when they were over in England. Nannes was extremely impressive to me in the T20, bowling at 145kph and making the batsmen extremely uncomfortable with movement whereas Bollinger was nothing short of useless over in England.
Yeah, Nannes is brutal. He's the highest wicket taker in the Shield right now and it's not hard to see why.
0,,6409107,00.jpg

0,,6408774,00.jpg

I'm going to the NSW match today, but I can't find any team details. Can anyone help?

BTW there might be a delay to the start of the match. It's 2 hours to the start and it's started drizzling. It's been cloudy all day and a hint of a thunderstorm later in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread