Australian Domestic Cricket

Here comes the Victoria machine again. Should definitely have played Holland over McKay. Will be interesting seeing how these Pakistaini internationals go against Victoria batting. Nannes bowled well at the start, what a season hes having in all forms of the game.

SA did well in their win, Ferguson going well and Christian pretty decent.

Can't wait to see Hughes against Victoria, and hopefully Warner fires up.

Not sure if anyones mentioned it but I've heard from my dad and uncle (very unreliable source :rolleyes:) that Warne is captaining us against Victoria in a twenty20.

Warne or Warner? :p

Yeah, don't like the look of the Vic attack without a spinner. Unlucky though, they had chances for wickets early on.

angryangy added 8 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Shane Harwood! We love him because he's a Victorian!

Pretty decent total by SA but Victoria batting lineup certainly can chase this down. NSW really let go of a talent by not keeping Copper especially since we are struggling to find a partner for Hughes.

Decent score there from SA.

Will the Vics chase it down?

Nice innings from Harris deserved a 100.

Christian after his horror first over gets that big wicket of Blizzard. Blizzard and Hodge were just starting to look to hit big now too after there comfortable start. Victoria still have to be heavy favourites with Quieny coming out to partners Hodge, and Hussey and White still in the shed.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

It's actually White in now and gets bounced first ball but it gets given a wide :noway

Victoria was doing well against South Australia, but since I am just following the match they are struggling for runs. Tanvir and Cleary are bowling now.

They need 18 runs of 12 balls though.

Are these Twenty20's shown on Australian TV?

What happened to D.Hussey's bat :p he is playing wth Whites' one :D

I must say, the SA 2020 kit, is absolutely awesome. I want one!

Wow what a finish.

Vics are so dominant in this T/20 format.

It is not smart to let someone bowl who is averaging 10 runs an over in the match.

2 runs in 2 balls needed.

Vics won :happy horrible fielding from Redbacks has costed them today :p

I am reading some funny ending to this match. Runs were taken, because of misfields.

19.5 Putland to Hussey, 2 runs, Hussey backs away and hits a full toss back to the bowler who mis-fields and it squirts out to mid wicket who mis-fields as well. During the two mis-fields they missed two run out chances as Hodge storms home for the second and the Bushrangers get up by

The Redbacks did well at many points to force the batsmen to create boundaries. The class of Cameron White shone as the bear began to maul the spinners of Aaron O'Brien, turning good length balls into spectators and what was a tight spell into a nightmare.

When they got to the end, some calculated risk taking ensured they edged closer and closer. David Hussey made an unbeaten century the other night and he was scarcely needed in tonight's chase. Redbacks captain Graeme Manou looked a touch short on tactics when the game came down to the wire and his fields simply did not account for the batsmen taking ones and twos until they reached the target. The ultimate ball deflected off the bowler and after that, it should only have been one, taking the game to the last ball, but midwicket struggled to get to it and they ended up with the second run.

Tanveer was good, but probably not at his best and his last ball really hurt their chances of a win, while Cullen was unlucky not to crack through at all in an efficient four overs. Putland's performance shows how the Redbacks miss the likes of Shaun Tait, but there are other young wicket taking bowlers that they could have included.

Users who are viewing this thread