Australian Domestic Cricket

Great little preview there Angy. Can't wait for this match, its going to be a beauty.

My mate just did the doooogact. He has "work" tomorrow...means no Ford Ranger cup action for me tomorrow, unless I go by myself - gay.

Very nice preview. Hopefully I can get home and watch some. I am sure the last time these two played each other the SCG, that game was brilliant. Great to have domestic cricket back on :)

So It's a matter of him improving his Keeping? Who keeps ahead of him in the 4 day game?

I think Clingleffer does. Tasmania have a hell of a lot of keepers though;
http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=tasplayersmen

Very nice preview. Hopefully I can get home and watch some. I am sure the last time these two played each other the SCG, that game was brilliant. Great to have domestic cricket back on :)

Yep we one by a run, they were 9 out and needed 3 to win, 2 to tie. He slogged it in the air and daniel Christian took a catch on the boundary, they only ran one so they lost. If they just hit it along the ground it was an easy two and then they would have tied the game at least.
I think that was the result.

Hooper is it raining in WA, its beenn raining here in NSW. I hope it doesn't rain in WA, i wanna see some good cricket.

Last edited:
So It's a matter of him improving his Keeping?
His keeping was good enough that they gave him the gloves in several Pura Cup games, but he stopped scoring runs. Either way, he's probably a lot better off not keeping if he's opening.

Even though our lineup is bowling heavy there is a number of all rounders. They basically bat to Hauritz.

Awesome start by Queensland once again ripping through Tassie. Noffke was awesome and the other 2 new pace men backed up well.

Mark Cameron has good pace, consistently about 143 kph, swung the ball in to bowl Langer. Misses the right areas a fair bit, though.

Ronchi Ronchi Ronchi!

He's my new favourite player! 44 off 50 balls! But Marsh njust fell. :(

Not really, no one will ever beat my Gilly!

Ronchi! 80 from 70 balls! Wow, he's a star of the future.

Last edited:
Ronchi just got his hundred off 87 balls.
WA smashing the blues, Cameron has good pace and bowled Langer with a cracker of an inswinger.

Awesome 100 by Ronchi I hope this is the beginning of him becoming consistent. As I thought the Blues bowling is lacking venom without of the Aussie members.

That's good to hear. What happened to Henriques? Really was looking to see him play.
The noobs they opted for were Forrest and Cameron. In light of Lambert and Nicholson, it might not matter if they played O'Keefe and Henriques as well, but you can see the balance they sought.

It was a slightly ugly knock by Ronchi, he wasn't totally dominating all the way through, but one of his most mature without doubts. The WACA pitch is back up and doing the things it is reputed for, giving strong bounce and offering wickets for accurate pace bowling. Ronchi has persisted, he didn't let things get on top of him early and prevailed.

Voges played the vital innings that kept the Warriors on the ground for 50 overs, as wickets tumbled. Pomersbach was starting to get his eye in for a good innings when he was run out and Ervine got himself into bother with a similar situation. It seems the pace off the wicket is deceptive when trying to take quick singles. Shaun Marsh looked nice, but he's running out of time to establish himself.

It was interesting to note very little of the pull or hook. Short balls were often ill-directed and the pace of the wicket saw one fly clean over Daniel Smith's head for 4 byes. In some sense, the inconsistent bowling might have saved them a much more menacing total. However, there is life in the wicket and accurate bowling, I'd expect Dorey to be key, could really harass NSW. Edo could also do very well with his swing. Hauritz was economical even when WA called their Powerplay as he came on to bowl. He found some turn and of course there is much bounce.

268 will be a real task for NSW to get, considering their batting lineup. Although they have the likes of Jaques and Katich to score long innings, they can't afford to have them not do so. They need the top order to still be present after 30 overs. Once NSW are within 100 or so runs, then they are in line to use their weaker batsmen if necessary.

2 early wickets for WA. Thornley should have been out with the LBW but the not out was a pay back for when the umpire gave Voges not out when it clearly hit his glove.

Jaques and Katich just barely put NSW in contention, but now Katich is out and the wickets start to fall again. Lambert and Smith might be able to nurse the Blues over the line, but Jaques remains the kingpin who has to keep doing the hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread