Old Trafford, Manchester

Wed Jun 30
4th ODI - England v Australia
Kennington Oval, London	

Sat Jul 3 
5th ODI - England v Australia
Lord's, London

Last edited:
Nice. Asia Cup 2010 and this, ODIs back with a bang. This is considering England don't fold up for consecutive losses again.

Hopefully they give some youngsters a run, World Cup isn't too far away. Steven Smith into the side would be a good start. Could possibly take a punt on Warner but he probably is better of proving his OD worth.

As far as i know Ireland isn't part of the united kingdom unless its northern ireland (which it isn't):)

I actually know that haha, just couldn't think of anything else to write.

Hopefully they give some youngsters a run, World Cup isn't too far away. Steven Smith into the side would be a good start. Could possibly take a punt on Warner but he probably is better of proving his OD worth.

I'll be interested to see what they select. Australia had 14 guys in NZ for the last ODI series, I'm guessing they'll take 15 on this tour since it's much harder to fly in a replacement player - although there'll be guys in county cricket I guess. Here's who they took to NZ:
Batsmen: Ponting, Clarke, M.Hussey, White, Voges, Bailey (replaced Marsh)
Keeper: Haddin
All-rounders: Watson, Hopes
Spin: Hauritz
Pace: Bollinger, Harris, Johnson, McKay

So who could be in line for a callup? Will Callum Ferguson be fit? He was ahead of Voges and Bailey for a middle order spot. Dave Warner could be given a go to open with Watson. Of course Shaun Marsh is always an option, and has been the first choice when fit. Maybe Dave Hussey could get another go in the squad. Tim Paine may get a ride as a reserve keeper and opener. And there are fringe guys like Travis Birt or Phil Jaques who may come into consideration if there are injuries

For bowlers: Steve Smith is definitely a good chance. Xavier Doherty would be a dark horse pick too for another spinner. What about Nathan Bracken? If he's feeling good, I think he'd be a real asset on Indian wickets in 6 months time, so it'd be wise to get him back in the setup if the selectors rate him. There's other injured pace bowlers to consider too: Brett Lee, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus. And a couple of pretty handy fit ones in Nannes and Tait.

Selectors must be chuffed that there are so many options :)

Damn, I wish this was one week later, I am passing through England on my way to India the second week of July :(.

Why dont Pakistan,England,Australia just a play a tri-series all three teams are going to play each other in a ODI series seperately in the same country. :facepalm

I think I'm seeing either the lords or the oval one, I can't wait because hopefully it will be the series decider as long as England don't lose 5-0

I'll be interested to see what they select. Australia had 14 guys in NZ for the last ODI series, I'm guessing they'll take 15 on this tour since it's much harder to fly in a replacement player - although there'll be guys in county cricket I guess. Here's who they took to NZ:
Batsmen: Ponting, Clarke, M.Hussey, White, Voges, Bailey (replaced Marsh)
Keeper: Haddin
All-rounders: Watson, Hopes
Spin: Hauritz
Pace: Bollinger, Harris, Johnson, McKay

So who could be in line for a callup? Will Callum Ferguson be fit? He was ahead of Voges and Bailey for a middle order spot. Dave Warner could be given a go to open with Watson. Of course Shaun Marsh is always an option, and has been the first choice when fit. Maybe Dave Hussey could get another go in the squad. Tim Paine may get a ride as a reserve keeper and opener. And there are fringe guys like Travis Birt or Phil Jaques who may come into consideration if there are injuries

For bowlers: Steve Smith is definitely a good chance. Xavier Doherty would be a dark horse pick too for another spinner. What about Nathan Bracken? If he's feeling good, I think he'd be a real asset on Indian wickets in 6 months time, so it'd be wise to get him back in the setup if the selectors rate him. There's other injured pace bowlers to consider too: Brett Lee, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus. And a couple of pretty handy fit ones in Nannes and Tait.

Selectors must be chuffed that there are so many options :)

Probably worth taking a look at Tait again and see if hes up to the ODIs. Warner likewise, could even through in a bolter keeper like Wade so we have depth in the keeping department should Haddin and Paine being injured at the same time. Don't think Ferguson is back so I would go Bailey but the selectors have a liking for Voges.

Hard to say on Bracken, his effectiveness has diminished of late, he should go well in India but good luck getting the selectors to pick 3 lefties in one squad.

For me, now that Australians are on their way to get back to their former glory, all they need to go with is bench strength so that they won't be facing problems if they get multiple injuries at any time in future.
If I were Australian Selectors, I'd have selected:

1) Cameron White (C)
2) David Hussey (VC)
3) Tim Paine
4) Adam Voges
5) Steven Smith
6) Nathan Hauritz
7) Doug Bollinger
8) Shaun Marsh
9) David Warner
10) Travis Birt
11) George Bailey