India in England Jun-Sept 2014

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Smart from Dhoni. He really is the best around at this.[DOUBLEPOST=1410110087][/DOUBLEPOST]Time to gamble. Needs to go full and straight to try to bowl him. We're losing this otherwise.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Everytime this guy bats in the final over, heart starts palpitating..... But the sense of assurance that he will do it stays! Offff.....

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh no!!!! 5 off 1 now with Dhoni refusing strike to Rayudu! A little worried now

A four for a Super Over?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Woakes did well there. Questionable from Dhoni turning down runs, but if he pulls it off he's a hero again.[DOUBLEPOST=1410110323][/DOUBLEPOST]7 off the last 5 balls is pretty good going for Woakes.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Why did Rayudu come after Jadeja? Rayudu is a pretty solid T20 hitter. Hasn't Dhoni and the management seen enough of Rayudu when he played for MI? Couldn't fault Dhoni for his refusal to Rayudu to give him strike because Dhoni backs himself in these situations and he almost always pulls it off no matter how challenging it is.

grkrama

National Board President
17 of last over was always too much, msd probably turned down rayudu cause of the penultimate over were rayudu struggled to put bat on ball, some good stuff from woakes after getting hit for 6.would have liked another MSD finish,Nice match anyway.

lion100lion

International Coach
I was actually surprised when Dhoni turned out that single (second last ball) to Rayudu. That's braveness for me. But still, it's an unfinished task.

But I would advice Dhoni to stop taking matches into last over. Specially T 20's.
My heart was thumping like anything !

lion100lion

International Coach
It wasn't to be today, well done Woakes, I really did think Dhoni would do it though. I remembered his finish against SL last year in WI. Turned down singles in the penultimate over, to take strike for the final over with 15 required. Then MS Dhoni did this -
It was an ODI. I think he finishes better in ODI because he has the time to spend on the crease. Personally, I think that he should come on number 3 in T 20's.

Anyway a very long and a rather disappointing tour finished for India, in between there were some good performances to celebrate, especially in ODIs ... another long tour awaits in a few months ... lets hope for better results and performances there.

In between the lost confidence and form has to be rediscovered, both individually and as a team. WI will be a good challenge but post that much bigger challenges await.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Good luck getting some confidence back in Rayudu, now he knows that his Captain doesn't trust him to finish off a match :p

grkrama

National Board President
Two bad tests have spoiled our mood over a tour despite being competitive in the other 3 tests, winning one after 24 years, winning odi bilateral series comprehensively 3-1 and a thrilling t20 and still people say and have the opinion Indians dont care about tests.[DOUBLEPOST=1410113085][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good luck getting some confidence back in Rayudu, now he knows that his Captain doesn't trust him to finish off a match

I would say MSD was protecting him, if rayudu took the strike and bungled it, which he was likely to going by him not middling it, a whole lot of people would put the blame on him.

Users who are viewing this thread