Australian Youngsters

Which players will be future stars?

• Total voters

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who do you think will become the next Adam Gilchrist's, Shane Warne's and Matthew Hayden's?

Discuss.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Warner's game can fill the requirement of a devastating Gilchrist!Hughes can be like Haydos!

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Next Adam Gilchrist-Cameron White
Next Matthew Hayden-Phil Hughes
Next Michael Hussey-Callum Ferguson
Next Brett Lee-Peter Siddle

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Siddle has potential to be a great bowler but I always find it hard seeing the potential for those skiddy type bowlers without height or swing.

Hilfenhaus could do with late swing and a ball that goes straight if he wants to get to the next level. Paine looks to be a real talent, very good technique and has shown good temperament since joining the Aussie team.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Peter George. I haven't actually seen him bowl before but I like what I've heard about him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea hes got good control and bounce, pace could be a problem as looking at Sharma yesterday the 130s tall pacemen aren't as effective obviously McGrath being the exception and to an extent Clark.

P

pcfan123

I know it wont be Warner.

Always liked Shaun Marsh, dont know if he qualifies as a "youngster"

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Yea hes got good control and bounce, pace could be a problem as looking at Sharma yesterday the 130s tall pacemen aren't as effective obviously McGrath being the exception and to an extent Clark.

So he isn't the quick? I was lead to believe he was 135K+ easily. Even so it's his other attributes that excite me, he's 6'7 so he's always going to trouble batsmen with that extra height.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So he isn't the quick? I was lead to believe he was 135K+ easily. Even so it's his other attributes that excite me, he's 6'7 so he's always going to trouble batsmen with that extra height.

From what I hear hes low 130s, his height is what I like about him but unless he is like Siddle and gives it 100% everytime he won't be able to get the ball to rush onto the batter. We should get more info on him this season.

joshuaa21

School Cricketer
Im a big fan of Dave Waner, Phil Hughes and Beau Casson (Cause i spoke to him and he is a great guy :))

Eon

Club Cricketer
Yea its hard to pick from those... but the one with the most out right talent would be
Hughes... but I think the once Warner gets it right he will make a bigger impact. Gun fielder too.. and if he can bowl a couple overs of spin then all the better

OffCutters

International Coach
Next Haydos- Hughesy ( No i`m not biased, what makes you think that?)
Next Gilchrist- Timmy Paine ( Not as good, but will still be good in a few years)
Next Ponting- Callum Ferguson (Absolute gun)
Next McGrath- Ben Hilfenhaus ( Different types of bowlers, but Hilfenhaus will be our strike bowler for a while)

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Callum Ferguson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Peter Siddle
Tim Paine
Phil Hughes
Jon Holland

Will become stars for Australia. Only talking about Tests, obviously, but I think Cameron White will be a big shorter forms star.

Moises Henriques could be a star, I've never seen him, but I hear he has big wraps. He's a shorter forms player yeah?

Jakester1288 added 15 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Warner's game can fill the requirement of a devastating Gilchrist!

No. Just no. Warner is rubbish, where as Gilchrist is a legend of Australian cricket. I suppose he's good to shut the eyes and swing in Twenty20, but if comes anywhere near the One Day or Test side this summer, I think I'll have to kill myself.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If only Warner could work on his temperament he'd be gun.

Anyway, I thought the 'Next Gilchrist' should be for the next gun wicketkeeper-batsman?

Users who are viewing this thread