Brad Hogg
Stuart MacGill
MATTHEW HAYDEN

Any more?

Last edited:

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, its a bad thing for Australia to have their top players missing out on a lot of cricket. But they come at you hard and that attribute of theirs cannot be discounted.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
phil jacques was never going to be anywhere near the one day side and isn't in the test side so I dunno why you included him.

with brett lee, the guy is 33, notoriously injury prone anyway, and you're still playing him in every format as an all-out fast bowler. it's getting a bit "what did you expect?" with him.

however, yeah, milking this a bit much. How many players did NZ lose from their CT squad before the final?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its about like 6 months now, we are touring continoulsy.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
less ODIs i say

agree, the sad thing about ponting complaining about the CL thing was that I think that had most of the NSW players got to choose one or the other I think they'd have gone with the CL. it's rare you get to shine on a big stage with your domestic team and most players feel as indebted to their domestic teams for developing them.

ok, playing a test for australia is huge, but another ODI series? nah, I'm sure they would have gone with the CL.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
phil jacques was never going to be anywhere near the one day side and isn't in the test side so I dunno why you included him.

with brett lee, the guy is 33, notoriously injury prone anyway, and you're still playing him in every format as an all-out fast bowler. it's getting a bit "what did you expect?" with him.

however, yeah, milking this a bit much. How many players did NZ lose from their CT squad before the final?

Well Jaques WAS in the Test side...until he got injured... It doesn't matter he's had 3 different replacements, he was still the incumbent. He's probably not now of course, but he should definitely be counted. And for a guy who was 'never going to be near the ODI side', he's made 94 in an ODI before. You could argue Shaun Tait as well, he was in the ODI team until his health faltered and he's being made to play domestically until he can prove his fitness again.

And if we wanted to rub it in, there's a few retired guys that the Aussies are missing too: you know Hayden, Langer, Martyn, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath - you might have heard of them and all have been playing at least T20 recently. Jason Gillespie and Brad Hogg too come to think of it.

Dwullah

School Cricketer
Australia are in need of a long break from ODI's. .

But then again I guess injuries are apart of every sport but when you've got about 8 or so players injured then I think they are playing way too much cricket at the moment.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If you are putting Jaques then may as well include Tait. We could use his bowling although expensive it can grab wickets which we are struggling to get without Lee. Interesting enough most of those on that list are batters, you would think the fast bowlers would be breaking down more often.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If you are putting Jaques then may as well include Tait. We could use his bowling although expensive it can grab wickets which we are struggling to get without Lee. Interesting enough most of those on that list are batters, you would think the fast bowlers would be breaking down more often.

Tait's speed has been pretty disappointing this summer hasn't it? I've heard he's dropped down to the mid 130's at times, shocking if true.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yep apparently his action has changed. I can't see him lasting if he remains that way, so for his sake. I hope it's just because hes returning.

Users who are viewing this thread