Story Australia's Commonwealth Bank Series - vs @ Perth: Ind: 119/5

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now guys. I am going to buy a new cricket game on Thursday, and i am wondering which game i should buy. Both Cricket 2005 and cricket 2007 are in my sights. Both are around 50 bucks at EB Games. I am just wanting people who have played these games, to give me information about which one to buy.

Thanks

Last edited:
011617304357400fr3.jpg

Having won the 2005 Ashes series, the England side heads to Australia to try and retain the Ashes urn. England will head to Australia tomorrow, and with Andrew Flintoff leading the team, he says it will be a close contest this time around.

TOUR MATCHES

NOV 10, 2006 - PM's XI vs England @ Canberra
NOV 12, 2006 - New South Wales vs England @ Sydney
NOV 17, 2006 - South Australia vs England @ Adelaide
DEC 8, 2006 - CA Chairman XI vs International XI @ Lilac Hill
DEC 9 - 10 - Western Australia vs England @ Perth

3 Mobile Ashes Series 2006-07
NOV 23 -27, 2006 - Australia vs England @ Brisbane
DEC 1 - 5, 2006 - Australia vs England @ Adelaide
DEC 14 - 18, 2006 - Australia vs England @ Perth
DEC 26 - 30, 2006 - Australia vs England @ Melbourne
JAN 2 - 6, 2007 - Australia vs England @ Sydney

Good luck mate. I decided to skip the tour matches to get to the action which everyone wants but it is up to you.

Nice start though :thumbs

011617304357400fr3cx9.jpg

Who to replace McGrath?​

Australia has come out and asked the Audience in who they think should replace Glenn McGrath in this Test Match against England. Youngsters Mitchell Johnson and Ben Hilfinhaus are the 2 candidates to replace McGrath. We ask the community to cast their vote and why.

Mitchell Johnson. Has a bit of experience playing for Aus and I personally feel that he would be a good replacement bowler for McGrath

Nice start to the story mate. I think Mitchell Johnson will be the perfect replacement for McGrath as he has more experience in international cricket than Hilfinhaus also a left-hander in the lineup will make the bowling attack even more dangerous. All the best:)

Cheers for the replies, i will go out and buy either Cricket 2005 or 07 either today or tomorrow.

Keep the votes coming.

Ok well i have decided to skip the One Day matches, and get started on the real Ashes Test.

1sttesttf1.jpg

Mark Nicholas: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the 2006/07 3 Mobile Ashes Series between Australia and England. We are coming to you live from the Gabba in Brisbane, Australia for the 1st Test Match. I am Mark Nicholas and i am joined by Richie Beanu and Mark Taylor. Boy's welcome.

Richie Beanu: Thanks Mark, it's a cracking day here in Brisbane, the weather is hot, but it is going to become a boiler in the afternoon, and the team that fields today will be in for a long day you would imagine.

Mark Taylor: Yeah g'day boys, the day has set it up hasn't it. The weather is perfect for Cricket, you couldn't of asked for a better start to the day (weather) wise. The pitch is dry, the weather is sunny and looking pretty hot at the moment, but as Richie mentioned, will be looking to get to high 30's this afternoon.

Mark Nicholas: Well as we speak, the Captain's of both sides, Ricky Ponting and Michael Vaughan are in the middle of the ground ready to take the coin toss. Michael Vaughan, who has been in some doubt whether he would come to Australia and play in this test match because of his troubled knee, has pulled up, and made the trip to be with his team and squad.

With all things in ready down there, it seems like England have won the toss, and i have heard, that Vaughan has elected to field 1st. That is a very interesting decision by Vaughan, he must have some tatics for making that decision because it is a perfect pitch to bat on 1st.
So a very interesting decision by England Captain Michael Vaughan, he has won the toss and elected to field 1st, we will take a short break and come back to you live from Brisbane.

+
conditionsfi0.jpg

Harmison given the new ball​

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome back to the Gabba, where Australia will take on England in the 1st 3 Mobile Test Match. We have the information that England has won the toss and have elected to field 1st. A very strange decision by Captain Michael Vaughan, but the number 3 batsmen must know what he is doing.

Here we are back at the Gabba and Here comes the England side, led by Captain Michael Vaughan, and what a good group of men he has walking behind him. Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff are the 2 that come to mind, after winning the Series last year, those 2 men come straight to mind. 2 class and quality Cricketers, Kevin Pietersen being a wonderful Batsmen, the young kid, is growing into a big time player.
Flintoff, the more of the power bowlers then batsmen, is also becoming one of the danger men in the competition with his quick bowling and very attacking fielding. These 2 are ones to watch.

They have a quality batting line up with Andrew Strauss and Marcus Trescothick, being veteran's of the opening batting business, this will be a wonderful match-up between Strauss + Treschothick vs Langer + Hayden from Australia. 3rd Batsmen is the Captain Michael Vaughan, who is very dangerous with the bat aswell. Clear in the field and will have his hands full to try and keep the Australian batting line-up to stop their scoring. Ian Bell comes in at number 4, the young fella will be important in this Test. We have spoke about both Pietersen and Flintoff who come in at number 5 and 6 respectivly. Geriat Jones will be the batting/Keeper for the Poms, Spinner Ashley Giles, Liam Plunkett, Matthew Hoggard and Stephen Harmison who you will think will get the opening bowling attack. Harmison and Hoggard to open the bowling to Langer and Hayden.

englandjv8.jpg

Well here we are, the start of the match is about to get under way, let's go to the commentary box where we find Richie Beanu and Michael Slater who will broadcast this 3 Mobile Ashes Test Series live from the Gabba. Stephen Harmison has been given the new ball, and with Justin Langer on strike. Let the Ashes Begin.

harmisonbj9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread