Story Australia's Commonwealth Bank Series - vs @ Perth: Ind: 119/5

Oh dear. England could be in some trouble here. Hopefully someone can make the breakthrough. Perhaps Giles?

By the way i am playing as Australia. Yeah England will need to bring in someone, maybe Giles, he does have spin to use. England are just using their quicks as much as they can. Hoggard, Harmison and Plunkett have all been smacked around by us, so maybe Giles or Pietersen perhaps to come in

LOL I thought you were playing as England. That explains why Aus are doing so well, and why England have such a random and outdated team

LOL I thought you were playing as England. That explains why Aus are doing so well, and why England have such a random and outdated team

Yeah well i was starting off playing as England. But i changed to Aus. Probably should of mentioned that. Well yeah, that's why Collingwood, Monty are in the England team, and Plunkett and Giles are, i guess

Hayden goes before Lunch

England have finally Gotten their wicket. Right before lunch, they picked off Matthew Hayden, who looked in great touch out in the midle of the pitch.
Matthew Hoggard was the bowler, and it was a brilliant ball that knocked off Hayden.
England really needed this wicket. Hayden and Ponting were building a massive partnership, and if England let it go further, there might not be a chance for the Pom's to win. But with this wicket, right before lunch, anything could happen.

Matthew Hoggard came in to bowl to Hayden. Hoggard pitched the ball right at the perfect sport. For a left hander, he pitched it right at off stump. Hayden seeing the oppourtunity to play a shot through the midfielders and possibly hitting a boundary went after it. Hayden got the slighest of touches on the ball, he knipped it, and it had enough carry to carry on to the keeper, who took it comfortably.
Geriat Jones was celebrating the wicket before he even caught the ball, that's how certain the Pom's were that Hayden knicked the ball through to the keeper.
So Hoggard gets his 1st Wicket. England have their 2nd, and this is a massive move before the lunch break. Things look a little bit settled now for England.​

Matthew Hayden scores 35 before heading back to the Pavillion

haydenwicketwa1.jpg

Hayden made 35, he looked settle for a while, but would be very dissapointed that he couldn't keep his form going, and make his way into a half century or even further then that.

Michael Vaughan decided to bring in Ashley Giles, the leg spinner for the last remaning overs before the lunch break, to try and keep the runs from scoring. Giles, troubled the Aussie batsmen early. Not to many runs we're given away to Giles. Except a exceptional boundary from Damien Martyn (The new batsmen) at the crease. But since the wicket, things have been a little stagment from the Aussies. Ponting and Martyn are at the crease now.​

Ashley Giles bought into the attack

gilesnc6.jpg

Nice to see Hayden gone. I like the way you affectionately refer to the English as Poms :p

Lol, yeah well it's easier to write then England :P

Btw, what kind of patch should i use, or is it too late since i am already in a game?

I would always recommend Tutsi's. I think you can still load it and it has an effect but you best check as I could be wrong

Australia hits lunch

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the Lunch show.I am Mark Nicholas and i am joined by Michael Slater, and Slates, we have had a very interesting session just gone before us, what did you make of this?

Yeah well it was pretty interesting like you said. I really enjoyed the dominance of the Australian's. With Punter and Hayden dominating the England Bowler's, it was pretty enjoyable to see. But the wicket at the end of Hayden, was a sensational ball from Hoggard. And that wicket has put some pressure back on Australia.

England head off for Lunch.

lunchyv3.jpg

Lunch has arrived here at the Gabba in the 1st Test Match in the 3 Mobile Ashes Series between Australia and England.
Australia who was forced to have a bat 1st, when Captain Michael Vaughan (Of England) won the toss and put Australia into bat 1st. It was a very interesting decision by Vaughan. Australia came out, and struggeled really early. Hayden and Langer couldn't find the openings in the field against the English. Langer ended up going pretty cheaply in the end. Langer going for 16, when he was bowled by Plunkett early in the Inning's.
At the crease now is Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn. Ponting is playing a good Inning's being 43* not out at Lunch, while Martyn is playing well, 12* not out.​

Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn get applauded

lunch2ak1.jpg

Australia after 28 overs are sitting on 111. Justin Langer and Matthew Hayden opeened the batting. With both men struggling early, the English bowlers took the advantage of their demon's and went full out at the Aussie batsmen. Justin Langer was the 1st to be dismissed, and brilliant ball from Plunkett, saw Langer completely miss the ball and it shattered the stumps behind Langer. Langer went for 16.​

A recap of Langer's wicket

langerwicketoj2an6.jpg

Matthew Hayden was the next to go. Hayden after the wicket of Langer was playing some good cricket, some good powerful and solid cricket that was exciting the crowd and his team mates. With his Captain at the other end of the crease, Hayden wanted to show he is still good enough batsmen.
Hayden was playing well , before Matthew Hoggard pitched a brilliant ball through, Hayden got the slighest of touches on the ball and it went straight through into Geriat Jones hands, so Hayden gone, Bowled Harmison caught by Keeper.​

A recap of Hayden's wicket

haydenwicketwa1vu8.jpg

So here is the summary so far. Lunch has arrived. Australia are 111 for 2. Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer are the 2 wickets been taken, by Hoggard and Plunkett. Ricky Ponting (43*) and Damien Martyn (12*) are currently at the crease, with Ponting looking to continue so he can make his half century will be something to stick around for.​

Scoreboard

Aus: 111/2 (Lunch)

J. Langer: b. Plunkett (16)
M. Hayden: c. Jones, b. Hoggard (35)
R. Ponting: 43*
D. Martyn: 12*

S. Harmison*: 0/17
A. Giles*: 0/5

Australia are going along at a solid pace here especially Ponting. Hopefully the bowlers can get him out soon.

Nice work and presentation mate :clap

Users who are viewing this thread