Avast Ye Pirates! PlanetCricket Pillage MLB

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
we're doing pretty well here for a team of unknowns, hopefully we can continue our form.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Pirates Sweep the Rockies Out of Pittsburgh

col4.jpg

A great offensive effort by the Pirates on Sunday routed the Rockies and sent them back to Colorado with a 4-0 series defeat. Varun Rustagi became the second Pirates player in two days to have a multi homerun game as he went big twice with 2 solo shots in a game where the Pirates scored 8 runs off 15 hits to win 8-3.

Varun also got the game rolling in the third when he lined to right for an RBI single to put the Bucs 1-0 up. Then when a shot from Choie found it's way into the corner he legged out a 2 RBI triple and was brought home thanks to an RBI single by Harrison (covering for Lee who was being rested) to put the Pirates firmly on top.

The Rockies got their first runs in the 7th courtesy of a couple of RBI singles, finally getting to Pittsburgh starter User Twentyten who had a good outing going 6.2 innings and giving up just 2 runs. Varun's second homer of the game followed by a 2-run blast by pinch hitter Doumit extented their lead even further in the bottom of the inning and a solo shot by Tulowitzky off Mark Stewart in the 8th was not enough for the Rockies to close gap.

Papa Smurf had a 5 run lead to play with in the 9th but he didn't need it striking out 2 of the last 3 batters as he sent them down in order to seal the game and the sweep for the Pirates.

All in all the Rockies will probably be pretty glad to be leaving town tonight, despite having a pretty good series offensively their pitchers were just torn apart by the Pirates offense, conceding 27 runs in 4 games including 10 home runs. They'll hope to have a better time of it as they head to New York next to take on the Mets.

After a great series Pittsburgh have now won 5 in a row. They have Monday off before the Brewers arrive in town for a 3 game series, Mike Ross takes to the mound in game 1 of the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was the reason of my silence. Now that my talent is out to the world, I might as well accept it openly. although with humility. :p

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I guess I did well reading some of that. We're doing great though. :thumbs

Spoobir

Gah, spent hours recording another game only for the file to become totally corrupted as it was processing from moviemaker :facepalm. Was a really good game too, Hedger hit our first grand slam (bases loaded home run) which would have been great to have a video of because of the slump he's been in. Plus now I've lost the usb stick that had screenshots from about 10+ games on it, so I'm pretty pee'd off!

Spoobir

Spent 2 hours recording another game. Then when I played it, it hadn't recorded the sound.

MickeyEyes.png

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Never give up.:p

Spoobir

Unfortunately not ARay as now I've started the game's season mode I can no longer create any new players. Which is quite annoying considering something pretty bad has happened in game. (spoilers :p)

Users who are viewing this thread