Batting help in Pro mode

graghu13

School Cricketer
Hi Guys,
I am new to the game. I have created a player in the carrer mode and playing the game. I was playing in amateur mode and I was hitting the ball good I played it till round 17. Once the round 17 I am unbale to hit a single ball. I guess as now I got experience now I have moved to pro mode for round 17. How should we play in Pro mode. I am unable to hit a single ball. I am duck out for continous 4 innings now. Please help me how to solve this prob. My console is Xbox360.

Thanks
Raghu

Well since the controls are highly specific and intricate, so would be your mistakes... Since i do not know what you're doing wrong, best advice: Practice in the nets... Watch your shots, timing, footwork closely and use trial and error to work out a better technique for playing the game...

A good tip is to go into the normal net practice from the main menu and set the batsman skill to very poor, and difficulty to Legend. Play in that for an hour or two, focusing on footwork and blocking the ball with good timing. Sounds impossible doesn't it? Well yeah it will be very very hard, but after that, turn the difficulty in the nets to Pro. You should see an improvement in your timing and footwork because you've been learning for so long on Legend.

Hi Guys,
I am new to the game. I have created a player in the carrer mode and playing the game. I was playing in amateur mode and I was hitting the ball good I played it till round 17. Once the round 17 I am unbale to hit a single ball. I guess as now I got experience now I have moved to pro mode for round 17. How should we play in Pro mode. I am unable to hit a single ball. I am duck out for continous 4 innings now. Please help me how to solve this prob. My console is Xbox360.

Thanks
Raghu

Are you using the LS (footwork)? I believe that you don't have to use the LS in amateur mode but you won't hit the ball in Pro mode unless you do.

You should see an improvement in your timing and footwork because you've been learning for so long on Legend.

...honestly, it's also got a lot to do with setting the game at a level you find challenging and still enjoyable. I think too many people are trying to be heroes and set some impossible difficulty challenge for themselves, if you find "Amateur" fun/challenging, just stick with it. If you playing in career mode and finding the step up to PRO to difficult, lower the starting difficulty since that's an option now. I've done exactly that and finding my early career VASTLY more enjoyable and actually getting runs under the belt. "Pro" is about as high as I really want to go, to be honest... since that's essentially the online default and provides a nice balance of challenge and fun in both online and casual game play.

I'd say, based on reading a lot of threads regarding batting in the game, it's 40% down to your difficulty level of choice, 30% practice and 30% the field-sets/fielders still needing tweaking within the game.

Honestly; Best practice you can do in this game is just playing casual matches against the AI and getting good in one specific area at a time. If you're more interested in batting, start with that. Or vice-versa.

One thing the game accurately represents is the difficulty level of mastering a specific game vocation, that's really how it should be. Takes a lot of skill to "be an allrounder" and I'm pretty horrible at bowling, but getting better at spin-bowling the more I spend time on it. I doubt I'll ever be as good as Matt, who's the best bowler I've played online and actually sets a plan, or seems to, most games I've played. If he bowls the same way against the AI I imagine he's getting a decent success rate. I stick to a plan when I bat and it suits me, I've seen others implement a similar approach but the one rule I don't break is during career mode I simply don't touch the power-shot trigger until I'm past 20 runs and my confidence level is high enough.

Timing comes much easier after that.

The last person to ask for help in Pro mode had the same problem. It was because he didn't realise that the LS was used for footwork.

and use trial and error to work out a better technique for playing the game...

Agree, I think people are too afraid of getting "out" and that's mostly down to Career mode being so addictive, online is great to play "proper" tactical matches, against the AI you're always going to be limited but I think trial and error in casual modes, then putting that to use in career is the best approach. Get out trying different things in casual mode, get the big scores in career mode.

One thing the game accurately represents is the difficulty level of mastering a specific game vocation, that's really how it should be. Takes a lot of skill to "be an allrounder" and I'm pretty horrible at bowling, but getting better at spin-bowling the more I spend time on it. I doubt I'll ever be as good as Matt, who's the best bowler I've played online and actually sets a plan, or seems to, most games I've played. If he bowls the same way against the AI I imagine he's getting a decent success rate. I stick to a plan when I bat and it suits me, I've seen others implement a similar approach but the one rule I don't break is during career mode I simply don't touch the power-shot trigger until I'm past 20 runs and my confidence level is high enough.
This entire post is all fantastic advice. Have a set of rules in mind and stick to them.

Career mode should come with a warning if you start at 16 - 'WARNING : Your player is absolutely terrible - he can't bat and he can't bowl'. They don't really make it clear how bad he is. At least for a season, it's not you being terrible, it's him. After that it's probably you :)

It's all about having a plan, for me when I bat/bowl. I target areas of the field, if I can't hit em there... I block em until I can, especially against the AI in career. Casual, I just go for broke and try different things. Cut shots I never play in career mode, too risky and I can't time them right, ever. Casual mode, I play em all the time to practice.

Bowling is a bit different, especially online. I like to vary pace A LOT instead of just firing down deliveries at 150kmph like 99% of the random people I bother with do. I'm 6-0 against random people online for liberal use of varying pace and one toe-crusher an over, slotted randomly amongst some shorter deliveries. It's so much fun. I'm yet to have the same success when bowling against the AI as I do against real people, but I think it's prolly because the majority of random people online are dumber than the AI ....and Matt is too funny, his strategy is "make Biggs laugh, profit" which is unbeatable, really.

Are you using the LS (footwork)? I believe that you don't have to use the LS in amateur mode but you won't hit the ball in Pro mode unless you do.
Yes I was not pressing the LS button.. I was trying to hit the ball in the same way as I was doing in Amateur mode.. I will try it today..

Yes I was not pressing the LS button.. I was trying to hit the ball in the same way as I was doing in Amateur mode.. I will try it today..

Good luck. Move the LS in the direction that you want your feet to move and then play your shot.

Sorry guys two more questions on this thread.

1) How can I bowl in carrer mode. I cannot select the player that I have created to bowl. As my created player is a batsmen with a medium pace bowler. I see that only couple of times my captain gave my player to bowl. Can't I select him to bowl??.

2) The player whom I created in carrer mode when he hits a 50 or gets out the camera shows his helmet only does not show his full body or face. Where should I need to change this settings.

Please suggest. Once again thanks to all for replying to my questions.

Thanks
Raghu

1) How can I bowl in carrer mode. I cannot select the player that I have created to bowl. As my created player is a batsmen with a medium pace bowler. I see that only couple of times my captain gave my player to bowl. Can't I select him to bowl??.

2) The player whom I created in carrer mode when he hits a 50 or gets out the camera shows his helmet only does not show his full body or face. Where should I need to change this settings.

Please suggest. Once again thanks to all for replying to my questions.

Thanks
Raghu

You'll have to wait to bowl until the captain selects you.
I can't help you with your second point I'm afraid.

2) The player whom I created in carrer mode when he hits a 50 or gets out the camera shows his helmet only does not show his full body or face. Where should I need to change this settings

You can't, it's part of the feature of career mode that it presents milestones in first-person view. The idea I guess is that it's "You" so it's presented in first-person (same with partnerships, etc). It's a little annoying, but I guess the concept is that you gradually work towards using ProCam in career mode. Which I'll never do.

You're a batsman, not a bowler, and the captain will not select you to bowl very often. Similarly if you are a pure bowler, don't be expecting to open the batting. :D

Users who are viewing this thread