Batting in career mode is a serious issue

Tbh once your timing gets lots better your leg glances will be screaming to the boundary but in the air. If there are fielders anywhere near the boundary you will get caught off a shot that's about 1 foot in the air off the bat.

I time the ball really well and goes all along the ground and if It goes in the air it's in the gap. I don't think I'll be getting caught as I would be getting better. That had be weird. Plus most of the people have been struggling from match 1, I don't see people saying they started off well and then started struggling.

I stuck at Pro difficulty (not career mode just normal ODI / T20) I bowled out AI at 148 in 20 overs in a t20...

I got out at 52 :mad:mad:mad what the hell How the hell I'm suppose to know if it's short ball or good one, coming to left or right, coming slow or fast...am I suppose to play it on front or back foot

I have a 21.5" wide LED do I need to stop playing till patch 2 arrives or should I buy a 60" LED ?

Please give some serious tips which don't invoice tutorial match as they differ from main games...

It's been 1 week since I'm struggling, whenever I play Amateur I hardly win the game atleast..

I block a fast delivery and it goes to either wickets or edge....
I play ground shots but no help. If I go aggressive I either miss the ball or get a six / four...

Thanks..

I stuck at Pro difficulty (not career mode just normal ODI / T20) I bowled out AI at 148 in 20 overs in a t20...

I got out at 52 :mad:mad:mad what the hell How the hell I'm suppose to know if it's short ball or good one, coming to left or right, coming slow or fast...am I suppose to play it on front or back foot

I have a 21.5" wide LED do I need to stop playing till patch 2 arrives or should I buy a 60" LED ?

Please give some serious tips which don't invoice tutorial match as they differ from main games...

It's been 1 week since I'm struggling, whenever I play Amateur I hardly win the game atleast..

I block a fast delivery and it goes to either wickets or edge....
I play ground shots but no help. If I go aggressive I either miss the ball or get a six / four...

Thanks..

I don't think screen size would make much of a difference. I think to be a successful batsman in DBC 14 you will need to premeditate to some extent. You need to look at the field and decide on 2-3 shots you can play to hit the ball in that area. The catch is to make sure that no matter what the delivery type is, you don't get out playing a shot but only get beaten. For example I will never try to play square on the leg side on my back foot as I will get out if it's a yorker.

I will most likely do so on the front foot as the worst case scenario is I miss the short delvery but I won't get bowled off a yorker. Apply the same process to different gaps and depending on how much you practice, you will get a hang of which shots to focus on to hit the ball in any available gap. And if multiple gaps are available, opt for the safest bet. As an example I'm more comfortable playing shot down to long on for a single so even if there's no mid off, and I could potentially get a 4 if I time the ball well in that area, I still go for a single to long on as it's a low risk shot for me and I know I will be able to pull it off most of the times.

So does the timing windows is different in pro ? when to strike as soon as it pitches or just your instincts ?

So does the timing windows is different in pro ? when to strike as soon as it pitches or just your instincts ?

I recommend you face different bowlers (fast, fast-medium, medium and spinners) to get a hang of timing. Don't worry about the placement initially and try to get the timing right. Once you figure out when to hit the ball, work on placement. Casual matches should be the next step. Once you start scoring in casual matches, go ahead with the career mode.

The game is absolutely brilliant. I am a number 3 batsman. Yes it is a very steep learning curve. I regularly get into the 30s and occasionally into the 50s. I am still early in my forts season. The running camera is bad and I still get run out by misjudging a run because the camera is too slow or badly positioned. I still struggle against the spinners. Somehow I keep on lofting the ball when I play it straight. Any tips for playing the spinners would be appreciated. Generally the game is brilliant.

Pro isn't impossible. In my first game on it I made a couple of 20s and 30s but also lots of < 5 runs. Got bowled out for about 90 in a one day match. Didn't bother bowling.

So it was possible to make runs, but I had to be careful.

The best thing about batting in this game is that when you get out it is, like cricket, one of three possibilities:

1) You made a mistake. I did that sometimes by smacking a ball to the fielder on the boundary or playing down the wrong line.
2) The bowler bowled a beautiful ball. I had a guy in, on about 30 runs and holding up the tail. I then went to play a shot I'd been playing all innings and got clean bowled. A slow-motion replay showed a bit of seam movement and it just missed the edge.
3) You just get unlucky (fielding team gets lucky) by a freak catch or the ball pops up off your bat or rebounds off a fielder etc.

just completed 150 wickets in career as pace bowler and score 375 runs on 4 day match 204 on first innings and 171 on second... currently batting on 134 in one day.

my biggest fault i have with batting is that im way to early on my front foot
prefer front foot so i often get out stupidly

but pulling on front foot is so sweet, finally got the square cut right, enjoying the batting challenge and will sort out this front foot nonsence of mine

i score at almost run a ball, dont mind the run here and there, dont slog at all, 2 fours in an over is good, im happy with it

I personally think the batting is a little too difficult.

It requires so much concentration it tires me out. For me there are just too many ways to get out through a slight misjudgement.

Play the ball slightly early? That's a nick to the keeper or a spoon up to an infielder. Leg side flicks behind square are too powerful and result in catches on the boundary. Play slightly down the wrong line? Massive LBW candidate.

The quick fielders mean gaps can be very hard to find if the field is in close, and of course they never drop a catch unless it is a caught and bowled chance.

It's very satisfying to build an innings, and once you've got your eye in and seeing the ball well, it's a rewarding experience. One lapse and you're gone though, as I say it's a big effort to concentrate and get your timing right every ball. A few plays and misses or dropped catches would be preferable and ultimately more enjoyable to me as a gamer.

Career mode as a batter requires patience.

I was in the same situation as you. My batting average in First Class and 50 Over matches in domestic was quite terrible especially when I chose my player to become a batting allrounder. First few games were either ducks or scoring less than 20.

Now as my player is progressing, I'm scoring around 30-50 runs most of the time with a few bad games in between and noticing that I am getting some attention by other leagues.

In my I do prefer the challenge Big Ant Studios has presented with a difficult career mode. It makes sense not to make our players start off with insane batting averages but instead force ourselves to build our player's career.

All I can say is to hang in there and don't give up on your player. The rewards will eventually come when you start scoring consistently well.

Funny, after complaining earlier today I went on to get my first century this afternoon! I luckily faced the spinners for a large chunk of the knock, it's a bit easier to get your timing and footwork right against them.

Just a couple of comments about the commentary, which I haven't seen before but apologies if they have....

Please can it be changed so that the commentator doesn't say things like "what's he appealing for?" after the ball has gone so close to the edge? It takes any bit of excitement out of a possible edge, even if you're pretty certain it hasn't taken a nick. The whole point of appealing yourself is the excitement surely?

Also another issue I've just heard, after day 4 of county game the match ended in a draw where as the commentator said "Glamorgan will be very pleased with this victory". Got my hopes up as I'd simulated the rest of the innings.

The commentary is absolutely awful in my opinion, so bad I'm probably going to turn it off unless something is done about it. It's so dry and scripted. Is there anything that can be done to it?

----------

Another couple of small in-game issues I've noticed:

Wicket keeper runs through the wickets to collect a ball defended by the batsman.

My bowler can be one side of the wickets to collect the ball but when he received it is the other side of them.

Why does the bowler stand there with his hands cupped as if he is Jonny Wilkinson about to take a conversion for England when the ball has already been thrown and received by wicket keeper?

Stumping's which should never be a stumping (and wouldn't in a real life game) where the player just doesn't bother getting back into his crease.

A couple of times when I've been batting I have tried to play off my pads into the leg side (left stick up, right stick left) and the batsman has decided to hover move a foot or so to the right and is subsequently bowled around his legs. I've already moved him into the perfect position to hit the shot so I don't want the computer deciding to move him either.

I've had a couple of issues with playing a shot only for the batsman to leave it and I'm bowled. This has happened to a friend of mine too and we have always played the shot. Not sure why this is happening.

Too many caught and bowled by bowler. Samit Patel just took the most amazing c&b off me which even Jonty Rhodes would have simply seen fly past him. I've seen this mentioned a couple of times so I'm sure it's something they'll work on.

These aren't criticisms and I don't want to appear like I'm moaning. I've spent hours on the game and am thoroughly enjoying it. Top scored at the moment are 37 in First Class, 37 in ODI and 25 or so in T20. Bowling is too easy but it's great getting loads of wickets!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread