Help with batting some questions

^ This

Using 9 o'clock can place the ball anyway from midwicket/mid-on to fine leg based on timing. I love it when I can pick a gap based purely on timing.

Can anyone play a sweep shot (not the reverse one). Nearest I can get is a front foot leg glance. Is there a button I should be pressing?

Can anyone play a sweep shot (not the reverse one). Nearest I can get is a front foot leg glance. Is there a button I should be pressing?
Aim towards fine leg while playing the shot and hold LB for an 'unorthodox shot' to perform a sweep.

Batting just isn't doing it for me. I just can't pick the line and length quickly enough. I just play everything on back foot and try to hit ball on legside. Some 'yellow' marked balls (well pitched up) can even be nurdled away for runs but even if those balls get me out, they ate few and far between. There is no need to play every ball on It's merit because I can get runs playing the same shots ad nauseum. Someone please give a lucid and informative guide to 'interesting batting'.

Batting just isn't doing it for me. I just can't pick the line and length quickly enough. I just play everything on back foot and try to hit ball on legside. Some 'yellow' marked balls (well pitched up) can even be nurdled away for runs but even if those balls get me out, they ate few and far between. There is no need to play every ball on It's merit because I can get runs playing the same shots ad nauseum. Someone please give a lucid and informative guide to 'interesting batting'.

i've found the post patch-2 batting to be much less satisfying. i only really have cover drives and leg-glances/pulls to play. occasionally an on drive. anything else is too risky.

i've found the post patch-2 batting to be much less satisfying. i only really have cover drives and leg-glances/pulls to play. occasionally an on drive. anything else is too risky.

its really disappointing because everything else is so much better now. (except the returns landing on the top of the stumps all the time).

Batting is just horrible now. I even tried amateur just to see if it would help, its just as bad.

The batsman seem to always go for massive shots without using any modifier.

To me it would be better if the basic shot was much lighter, the LT shot was hard and low and RT + LT was lofted hard shot.

The worst thing is they say they didnt change anything. So how will they fix it?

its really disappointing because everything else is so much better now. (except the returns landing on the top of the stumps all the time).

Batting is just horrible now. I even tried amateur just to see if it would help, its just as bad.

The batsman seem to always go for massive shots without using any modifier.

To me it would be better if the basic shot was much lighter, the LT shot was hard and low and RT + LT was lofted hard shot.

The worst thing is they say they didnt change anything. So how will they fix it?

I've suggested that change to how the modifiers work, too.

I think what BigAnt have actually said is that nothing they changed should have affected the batting physics - but they definitely changed something about the batting (see the patch notes, where they said they'd "tuned the batting difficulty")

I agree , there are more high risk shots now

covers are safe (if no short cover)
leg glances and pulls can be ok depending on field
drive though mid on can work if the bowler is over the wicket and there is no mid on

atm cover drives would be 75% of my score

its taken a lot of shotmaking variety out of the game. scoring is still do-able , but it gets a bit repetetive ...and kind of feels a little gamey , like you have to game the field changes and positions a little too much

----------

in thinking about it , what it comes down to -is you should be able to hit a well or lated timed shot towards a fielder without getting out a very high % of the time - there needs to be some margin there

otherwise you are forced to premeditate shots to either one or two of the ame places on the field

its do-able but it just doesnt feel quite right

still a great game ...just needs minor tweaks

You can play cover drive no matter where the fielders are. You wont get out. Only edge or bowled/lbw if you miss time. It doesnt go in air no matter what you time. I tried bowling all kind of deliveries, result is same. You get edge once or twice.

You can play cover drive no matter where the fielders are. You wont get out. Only edge or bowled/lbw if you miss time. It doesnt go in air no matter what you time. I tried bowling all kind of deliveries, result is same. You get edge once or twice.

Nope. Cover drive is risky, whatever timing you get, if there's a short cover in.

The AI batsman don't usually hit a cover drive in the air, agreed - but that's a different story.

Not sure about playing AI. I am talking about Playing against people online. Topspinner or Armball can get you a keeper catch or if the batsman gets LBW or bowled. It wont pop out in air , I tried everything. And I am talking against SPIN.

Users who are viewing this thread