Problem: Need help while batting (playing through off without edging)

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As i said earlier, confidence on the batsman meter and the bowling meter is key.Always make sure your batsmans confidence is higher than the opposition bowler,even then you might get the occasional edge.If your confidence on batsman meter is high drive down the ground and through the covers.
If your batsman gets a good score in the first innings of a match,then his confidence will be high for the second innings aswell,So you can drive relatively safely again.You still might get the odd edge though so its best to mix your shots up a bit.
An easy way to build confidence up is to simply put bat on ball,forward defensive shots and your batsmans confidence meter will go up.
Also if you want to avoid edges altogether play legside,one of this games flaws is that you hardly ever edge when playing to leg,just be carefull of slower ball or fast yorker though for lbw.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As i said earlier, confidence on the batsman meter and the bowling meter is key.Always make sure your batsmans confidence is higher than the opposition bowler,even then you might get the occasional edge.If your confidence on batsman meter is high drive down the ground and through the covers.
If your batsman gets a good score in the first innings of a match,then his confidence will be high for the second innings aswell,So you can drive relatively safely again.You still might get the odd edge though so its best to mix your shots up a bit.
An easy way to build confidence up is to simply put bat on ball,forward defensive shots and your batsmans confidence meter will go up.
Also if you want to avoid edges altogether play legside,one of this games flaws is that you hardly ever edge when playing to leg,just be carefull of slower ball or fast yorker though for lbw.

Playing through leg side has its own set of problems. For starters you get dismissed frequently off slower deliveries via LBW or caught short mid mkt/short leg. Plus there are loopy edges/shots to square leg which gets you occasionally just like leading edge to point/gully or in some cases even wkt keeper. And the biggest culprit is your batsman sliding across the stumps, in some cases from outside leg to way outside off, and exposing all three stumps for the ball to crash into the stumps. Against spinners you will also have leading edges to spinners or caught at short leg off a mistimed leg side shot so playing to the leg is not too safe either.

grkrama

National Board President
the prob is footwork is dependent on timing, but it is extreme in cases of early timing like stump exposing like you say, this is even more visible if you play on back foot were the batsman will slide from outside legstump to outside offstump to expose their stumps., also against spin were you are more likely to time early.

I also went through a phase were i believed footwork was more important than timing and micromanages the analog stick, but once i learnt its more inclined on timing courtesy tj and madman, i have improved my game a lot, priority to getting timing right in this case even late timing is not a prob only early timing has this kind of sliding etc.

so if you nail the timing your footwork and shot execution will greatly improve. Ideally would be cool if BA can fine tune it at some point of time so that batsman doesnt slide that much, but would like AI and field settings improved first as many convey.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That sliding across the stumps needs to be fixed and I'm not sure it only happens when you are early in your timing. In some cases I have waited a while to play the shot only to see my batsman streak by exposing all three stumps. This is something that could be improved if a shot/batting feedback mechanism is incorporated in the game.

grkrama

National Board President
very late timing also it happens, you need to find that bandwidth in middle.

ya a proper feedback mechanism would greatly improve it, of now what im doing is checking out my dismissals in slow mo, it mostly shows what you are doing wrong.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
very late timing also it happens, you need to find that bandwidth in middle.

ya a proper feedback mechanism would greatly improve it, of now what i am doing is checking out my dismissals in slow mo, it mostly shows what you are doing wrong.
It also happens when you play a full length delivery on the back foot regardless of the timing....Instead it should be like shot played on backfoot and either missed the ball totally and plumb LBW or a bad timed shot instead of sliding across...

Eclipse1123

School Cricketer
Make sure you get your foot to the pitch of it and where you want to hit it and maybe have a few nets with timing and playing along the correct line

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just played an ODI with 5 caught behinds and 4 of them were due to playing drives too early and off a short length, the 4th was attempting a late cut off a spin bowler. Edges aren't an issue when you're batting I Don't think

Users who are viewing this thread