Problem: Need help while batting (playing through off without edging)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Make sure you have both triggers depressed if you are going to be driving (aggressive ground shot). If you leave them untouched the batsman tends to nick off about 20% of the time

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Make sure you have both triggers depressed if you are going to be driving (aggressive ground shot). If you leave them untouched the batsman tends to nick off about 20% of the time

Shouldn't that be the other way round, i.e. you edge more when you play aggressive shots compared to when you play regular shots? I almost always played regular shots and looks like I will try and play aggressive shots to reduce the edges. Definitely something that needs to be tweaked as part of the next patch.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Shouldn't that be the other way round, i.e. you edge more when you play aggressive shots compared to when you play regular shots? I almost always played regular shots and looks like I will try and play aggressive shots to reduce the edges. Definitely something that needs to be tweaked as part of the next patch.

Agreed , that should be the other way around more edges when aggressive shots are played......

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@fiction Thanks for confirming that no changes were made to footwork in the game, but need one clarification that has the footwork assigned to LAS been changed?? Asking this because yesterday I played a shot against spinner [left handed batsman] and I set LAS at 11'o clock but the batsman moved his footwork towards 1'o clock which costed me a wicket with edging to WK...

fiction

County Cricketer
I'm positive we haven't changed anything related to footwork. Just take a look at console 2.5 update thread's first post and you'll see it says nothing about the footwork. If something is not in the changelog then it's not in the patch.

dharish

School Cricketer
Yeah and I have changed my stance to mid stump after the patch....I will try to get a video....Now I have started playing like Joe Root left handed version...Backfoot to all and front foot only to full, so far so good...
Adit, your right.. I generally play backfoot to Fast Bowlers and Front Foot to spinners.. Seems to be working really well! Few edges and they are all my mistake of either misreading the line/length.. Scored my first ton in ODI for India - 161 of 111 deliveries playing the same technique (Veteran Difficulty)..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Adit, your right.. I generally play backfoot to Fast Bowlers and Front Foot to spinners.. Seems to be working really well! Few edges and they are all my mistake of either misreading the line/length.. Scored my first ton in ODI for India - 161 of 111 deliveries playing the same technique (Veteran Difficulty)..
Nice mate..With or without assists??

dharish

School Cricketer
Nice mate..With or without assists??
Without assists.. removed it long time back.. In fact my batting got better post removing the assists (if you mean the rings that come around the ball..)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Without assists.. removed it long time back.. In fact my batting got better post removing the assists (if you mean the rings that come around the ball..)
:thumbs Same here...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Agreed , that should be the other way around more edges when aggressive shots are played......

Agressive ground shots for me seem to produce the least edges.. When I play with no triggers depressed at all, I seem to nick off all the time

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Agressive ground shots for me seem to produce the least edges.. When I play with no triggers depressed at all, I seem to nick off all the time

That's what I'm finding over the last couple of days. It should be the other way round, i.e. the regular shots should lead to fewer edges. Now when I've to play on the off side I have to rely on those horrible looking aggressive ground shots when all I want to do is knock the ball in empty space and get a couple of runs or an occasional four.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
That's what I'm finding over the last couple of days. It should be the other way round, i.e. the regular shots should lead to fewer edges. Now when I've to play on the off side I have to rely on those horrible looking aggressive ground shots when all I want to do is knock the ball in empty space and get a couple of runs or an occasional four.
Yeah those do look a bit unrealistic when compared to those beautiful looking normal shots....

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I find that moving my batsman to a stance on middle that I edge out a lot less often... I normally get out to an incorrect shot choice, or a stupid single, more often than an edge.

Sablicious

School Cricketer
Try advancing down the wicket and don't use the aggressive modifiers buttons / triggers (only right-stick). I cover drove for 6 (with LT) using tail-ender Craig McDermott who has nearly 0 on all his batting stats!

NB: Cover drives are one of the hardest shots to play, so expecting to do it regularly without any risk is unrealistic and more befitting arcade-y cricket games like Ashes Cricket 2009.

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed, it's a bit ridiculous. I've restarted career and now play on amateur. This is the only way I've found to avoid the incessant edging to the keeper.

I need bowling to be at a higher difficulty though. I can take 5 fors all day, even on Pro. Bowling is pretty easy.

However, in amateur, when batting, the speeds of the bowlers are way too low. The faster guys even only bowl at 116kph.

Users who are viewing this thread