Help with batting some questions

I have not tried this with pace bowlers but def tried it with spinners. Sometimes a spinner will bowl very outside off stump, in that case if your LS is just straight forward, you'll miss the ball, otherwise if you move the LS 8'o clock and then RS to 8'o clock as well which is cover drive, you will see batsmen playing a nice shot.

As I said I have always played this with spinners, with fast bowlers they normally bowl close to the wicket so i just push the LS to either forward or backwards.

8'o clock is not over drive but a weird glance way down the leg side. Cover drive would be more 2'o clock on the right stick for a right hander.

8'o clock is not over drive but a weird glance way down the leg side. Cover drive would be more 2'o clock on the right stick for a right hander.

Well I forgot to mention. Playing on a braodcast camera, cover drive will be 8'o clock with RHB. :yes

How to duck

Does anyone know how to duck from the short ball when batting?

Does anyone know how to duck from the short ball when batting?

LAS back, Click R3 (push down on the RAS).

I know how it's done, but it's very rare that I actually execute it. Still working on learning to leave the stuff I don't have to play ...

Since a couple of patches ago, you can also leave the ball by pressing A (using a 360 pad) or X using a PS pad, as an alternative to clicking in the RAS. So to duck, you can also just push back on the LAS and press A (x). That makes it (for me) a little more accessible.

Since a couple of patches ago, you can also leave the ball by pressing A (using a 360 pad) or X using a PS pad, as an alternative to clicking in the RAS. So to duck, you can also just push back on the LAS and press A (x). That makes it (for me) a little more accessible.

Thanks.

How are you finding it to do? I've never even tried (hence forgetting that this change had been made) because I don't think I can get my thumb off the RAS in time to do it.

Im having trouble with batting specially in career mode , i have some questions:

1)is batting in pro in normal matches easier than batting in pro in career mode?
2)Im having trouble in career mode even when i defend i get lbw the batsman itself goes too left while defending, i have problems with footwork it never goes right , should i handle footwork shot selection and theres no bowling cursor either everything happens to quick? How should i get better with footwork is there an option for auto footwork and sometimes the batsman goes on backfoot himself, its really frustrating to get out while defending because the batsman goes too left with the foot.
3) i havent used backfoot shots at all , are they handy , should i stick to front foot only as most of the delvieries are in front mostly?
4) finally need tips with batting?

1- Batting in career mode with pro is very different from the casual matches due to the fact that the career player does not have the necessary skills to be at ease in the pro mode. The skills accumulate over time and you'll find it easier to time the ball in later stages of your career.

2-There is no footwork assistance in the pro mode. you have to move the LAS in the direction your foot must move and then move RAS to the direction you wish to play the shot.

3- You can get away with this technique in pro difficulty i think. But obviously you cant hook or pull bouncers on backfoot. My suggestion would be that you should try the backfoot as well 'cause on veteran and all you can't keep playing on Front foot.

4- Concentrate on the ball. I was really struggling with pro difficulty in career mode, even thought to restart the career. But a simple tweak helped my batting. Changed the camera angle to Batsman (close). Was able to pick the line and length relatively quickly. Give it a try.

2-There is no footwork assistance in the pro mode. you have to move the LAS in the direction your foot must move and then move RAS to the direction you wish to play the shot.

I don't think this is quite correct - I believe there is _less_ assistance in Pro difficulty, not none.

I also think that the footwork you choose isn't always the footwork you get. I just got out (again) trying to play a back foot leg glance to a ball that was too full for the shot, when my boy leapt out to the offside.

I was very definitely playing straight back, not back and to the offside.

I also think that the footwork you choose isn't always the footwork you get.

Yes it happens to me also. Thought something was wrong with the controller.

the best "leave" would be R3 + L3.

you might accidentally depress one of the sticks, but to depress both by accident is unlikely. L3 alone it' far too likely to "leave" by accident*, and for a button press as noted above there isn't enough time to remove the finger from the pad.

*though actually, it's a while since i made that mistake.

the best "leave" would be R3 + L3.

you might accidentally depress one of the sticks, but to depress both by accident is unlikely. L3 alone it' far too likely to "leave" by accident*, and for a button press as noted above there isn't enough time to remove the finger from the pad.

*though actually, it's a while since i made that mistake.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

Would require the game to pick the best leave for the particular delivery, so you don't end up swaying into a bouncer, but as you say it's a button combination that's difficult to do by accident.

----------

Yes it happens to me also. Thought something was wrong with the controller.

I bought a new controller, just in case the trouble I was having was related to my controller.

And, while thinking about this, I did an experiment in the career nets (so I'd be using my boy, and the comparison is fair). Picked a leg spinner, so I had plenty of time to pick my footwork.

Tried going to 2 O'clock, to get him to step right out to the ball. Still takes little steps, and plays with the bat away from his body. Tried stepping straight, and playing into midwicket/midoff - still steps out to leg, and plays with his bat away from his body.

I'd step down the difficulty, but if all I wanted was to smash the ball around I'd go back to playing SNES cricket ...

Exactly. For example, how can you effectively play a bouncer or short pitched stuff aimed at your ribs off the front foot?

Well, actually in real life your actual movement in the crease isn't that important against the quicks a lot of the time. Lots of guys have a forward press and then just lean back to pull rather than taking a big step back.

If you watch Ian Chappell pull or hook he steps back and inside the line, but he's a guy with a natural back and across movement and he was playing in the 70s against some of the deadliest fast bowlers ever with no helmet.

If you watch Ponting, his back foot doesn't go anywhere, usually. He presses forward and then leans back with no step.

Old fashioned coaching used to go on about making big movements forward or back but against the quicks you're just introducing more head movement and making your footwork more difficult and time consuming to execute.

Totally agree with above post,

When I played grade cricket, I played pull and cuts off the front foot.

I would literally step into short balls and play these shots.

I would also play off the back foot, but they are definatley shots that can be played.

Are shots off the pads to legside a teensy bit random? With the camera behind batsman, I just flick right stick to 9 oclock and the ball can go anywhere just in front of square to fine leg.....I ain't complaining as this area is where I score about 70% of my runs.

To me it feels like you can control direction to a degree with timing.

On either the pull shot or leg glance, I hit earlier to try and get the gap between square and midwicket, later to hit behind square.

We're not actually sure how the control system really works though so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread