Tutorial Batting Tips

krisbroxton93

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Annoyed and need of spin tips

Got the game today and im slightly annoyed, maybe cos im a novice at the moment but so far its slightly unrealistic.
Got bowled out for 100 which was i thought was realistic considerin i was england.
But bowling has annoyed me, you either get clobbered for 4,or get a wicket,. but i got a few wickets, so at the end of day 1, i was batting again!!! 20 wickets on the opening day!!!
But what i need answering is how do you bowl spin!!! i put on swann and he conceded 17 off his first over, at the end of the innings his figures were 7-0-65-1 !!!! Anyone got any spin bowling tips?

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
It really is all about coming down the wicket to them. To be honest, spinners have been made useless in this game due to their "ideal length" being on the batsmen's toes as far as the engine is concerned

Also keep in mind that, if the bowler is giving the ball room to bounce, it's easier playing with the spin rather than against it. If you hit the ball before it bounces though, then that's not an issue.

gopkrish88

School Cricketer
try to time the ball much more , provide ur stroke when the bowler releases if a pace bowler and for spinners play late

Cricketiswin

Club Cricketer
Anybody tell me how to play the slog sweep and not the slog flick or the slog over third man. I want to play the slog sweep on the leg side like steve waugh. Help me guys :crying:crying:crying

gopkrish88

School Cricketer
^^
position yourselves away from the pitching region (but not too much) and play ur segular sweep but time it late ull get it

iZeeshan

Club Cricketer
Can anyone tell when the ball should be played defensively, attacking, or lofted?

I seem to just play around with it and do a little guesswork

ps3geek

School Cricketer
When I try to come down the ground and hit the shots the batsman does not swing his bat down. He swings as if he's playing the short ball. It becomes irritating that the bowler always bowls into my toes and I can't advance down the wicket because of this problem. Am I doing something wrong here?

csnbharathi

School Cricketer
spinner

I tried the spinners, the likes of Murali, Pieterson, vettori etc.,

OffSpin : I prefer lefties for "Right arm off spinners", I can consistently put the ball away for boundaries and occasional sixes. I play with the spin and put the ball on the extra cover region (LHB and Off spin). MidWicket with RHB.
Ensure that you have some room between the stance and the pitch of the ball, this proved better than the dancing down the track.
I play with normal mode.
If you find some other way to handle the off spinners, please post.

I am yet to get a good stint with the leg spinners.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
for me Bowling is Easy, dont mind the AI goes at 6-9 RpO in test.
But Dont matter how hard I try to time the Ball, NEarly 80% i get out, or Edge the ball. Battng is really really hard for me :(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just keep playing it, maybe start off playing a T20 match. I was like you, then after completing the T20 tournament on hard I was timing my shots better. I still get edging quite a bit but thats cause I keep chasing the wide balls. If you leave them you should be fine.

batonage

School Cricketer
How do you bat against spin bowlers??

I was playing a test in the Windes on normal going well, 75-0, then they brought a spinner on I crashed to 83-5!

What am I doing wrong, I've tried timing it better, no luck, even when blocking I just seem to edge it to the wicket keeper, rrrggghhhh!

Any tips would be great!

I've found that there is much less leeway with timimg with the slower bowlers, the spinners being the worst. Get the timing slightly wrong and play defensively,
and you'll lose wickets flat out. I work on playing in the V, and stay away from lofted shots. I hate the bugs that make playing and playing against spinners such a nightmare, but i find the game more enjoyable if i battle the hard bowling challenge than constantly advance down the pitch. Good luck.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Batting Tips Against Part Timers

am i the only one who thinks whacking lee and akhtar outta the park is a piece of cake whereas playing part-timers and medium pacers like collingwood extremely hard ?

if it is so....any tips on how to go about this situation ?

shrenik

International Coach
wait for the ball to come on the bat and then play the shot..!!

Users who are viewing this thread