Best Allrounder of all time

Best all rounder ever

In your mind which player is best all rounder ever :

1. jack kallis

2. Shakib al hasan

3.shahid afridi

4.others

Shahid Afridi has lost some of his batting skills but his bowling is really good :thumbs

Shakib Al Hasan has improved a lot since the Asia Cup and all.

Shahid Afridi? Are you serious? Imran Khan, Botham, Sobers, Flintoff and Watson are all better. The best though has to be Kallis. He has too many runs and wickets behind him to be bested by anyone.

In your mind which player is best all rounder ever :

1. jack kallis

2. Shakib al hasan

3.shahid afridi

4.others

None of them are the most consistent allrounders, Gary Sobers for me

^^Gotta agree with Curtis there, Sobers is the best, Kallis not too far of.

The present generation I would go with Shakib.

I'll reply on the premise you mean Test all-rounder, although you haven't specified and this is a wishy washy version of threads that have gone before.

Jacques Kallis is a batsman who happens to be a very useful bowler, he is not an all-rounder. He took only two wickets a game average and bowled only 21 overs per Test, taking only five 5wi. Afridi is a joke of an inclusion, decent Test average but made his name for his ODI bowling and while his name is often referred to as "boom boom Afridi", he is in fact pop gun Afridi.

Sobers on the other hand bowled 37 overs per Test, took six 5wi and 2.5 wickets per Test. I still don't rank him as best ever all-rounder, some all-rounders like Botham took three wickets per Test, 10wm hauls. Some people just see a big batting average from someone who was a decent to good bowler and label them best all-rounder - usually because they don't consider what makes an all-rounder.

Shakib doesn't qualify in my book, not because of ability but because he hasn't snared 100 wickets yet. How can anyone with only 96 wickets be the "best ever" as either bowler or batsman!??!? Likewise Watson (Test figures, as stated no specifics on what cricket and Test cricket is proper cricket)

I'll mention Chris Cairns if it is all-round all-rounderness, 3320 runs and 218 wickets in 62 Tests, 4950 runs and 201 wickets in 215 ODIs. He played only two T20Is

Last edited:
I'm seeing names like Cairns and Shakib being thrown about. I don't wish to be rude but get real guys. The competition is threeway, Sobers, Khan and Kallis. I;d go with Sobers, then Khan then Kallis (who's bowling has been barely average for the best part of a decade).

----------

If we are talking about ODI cricket then I would put Afridi in any all time top 10. Of course the usual suspects get a mention (Kallis, Khan, Cairns).

I'm seeing names like Cairns and Shakib being thrown about. I don't wish to be rude but get real guys. The competition is threeway, Sobers, Khan and Kallis. I;d go with Sobers, then Khan then Kallis (who's bowling has been barely average for the best part of a decade).

It's a four way with Botham in there as well :yes

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind putting Botham in and making a top 4, but I think the 3 I named stand almost head and shoulders above everyone else, including Botham.

I don't think that Imran is heads and shoulders above Botham. I mean one was better at bowling the other at batting but you can't underestimate what they both did for their respective teams.

Best Allrounder in Cricket

Who is the best allrounder in all format of cricket?

Moved and merged the thread here. If you want to discuss about the best AR, please do so here.

Users who are viewing this thread