Best bowling figures

Bala

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Iron-Haggis said:
I should ask, has anyone taken any hat tricks? I got one the season before, admittedly it included probably two of the worst batsmen I have ever bowled to in my life.
Have done it twice. Once in 1999 when I got batsmen No. 4 and 5 lbw and No.6 caught in the slips.

Got another earlier this year when I had 3 tailenders caught in the deep slogging. Wasn't impressed that much with that hattrick.

Should have got my third last sunday. Got the opener edging to gully and the next one lbw. Opted to bowl an outswinger and the batsman got beaten all over. Should have just bowled an off cutter! ;)

davefryer

School Cricketer
I was playing in a bush league in Victoria, Australia in the firsts and, after a huge argument with the club president was, dropped to the thirds. I was so pissed off that I thought "bugger him", I'll play. I found myself bowling to little more than schoolboys, it was humid and overcast and we were using a two piece ball! The ball swung madly and I was fired right up so hopped right into them. I got a triple hatrick and ended up apologising to the boys for being so aggressive! I don't really count that as an achievement though. I did get a real hatrick once in the firsts on the last ball and first two of the next over.

Bala said:
Have done it twice. Once in 1999 when I got batsmen No. 4 and 5 lbw and No.6 caught in the slips.

Got another earlier this year when I had 3 tailenders caught in the deep slogging. Wasn't impressed that much with that hattrick.

Should have got my third last sunday. Got the opener edging to gully and the next one lbw. Opted to bowl an outswinger and the batsman got beaten all over. Should have just bowled an off cutter! ;)
Do you favour the yorker as a tool to dismiss the second and subsequent batsman or do you think they expect it?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
Note sure why I hadn't noticed this before but.... chat about cricket goes in the Cricket Chat forum. Not hard to understand is it?
So why is Cricket Hangman in the Never Ending....... etc area instead of the Cricket games one in the Chat section?

davefryer

School Cricketer
davefryer said:
I was playing in a bush league in Victoria, Australia in the firsts and, after a huge argument with the club president was, dropped to the thirds. I was so pissed off that I thought "bugger him", I'll play. I found myself bowling to little more than schoolboys, it was humid and overcast and we were using a two piece ball! The ball swung madly and I was fired right up so hopped right into them. I got a triple hatrick and ended up apologising to the boys for being so aggressive! I don't really count that as an achievement though. I did get a real hatrick once in the firsts on the last ball and first two of the next over.

Do you favour the yorker as a tool to dismiss the second and subsequent batsman or do you think they expect it?
:happy

damn good figures! Can't match it but I got 14/126 in a match of 511 runs.

davefryer said:
:happy

damn good figures! Can't match it but I got 14/126 in a match of 511 runs.
:rolleyes:

jrickards

Club Cricketer
i got 1 hatrick from a weak number 5 batsman went right threw six and seven next balls

woodywiss sa sa

Club Cricketer
3-9 In my First and Last bowling performance for my County Back in Under 13's :D.
Carried on with the gloves ever since then though.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I've had two in a row with the hat-trick ball dropping short of slip before. First one was an lbw and the second one was a fullish ball that nipped back a touch and bowled him.

dezzagod

Club Cricketer
Playing for SMCA Association Cricket against Northern Warriors.

O-----M-----W-----R
33----4------9-----71

Also took a catch to finish it off.

Last edited:

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
When I was 14 I had a hat trick ball dropped by the keeper, got the guy out next ball LBW. Never trust anyone else when it comes to hat tricks.

Bala

International Coach
davefryer said:
Not the hattrick ball really. The batsmen are most likely to expect a yorker or atleast a toe crusher when the term hattrick ball comes into play. Most batsmen (including moi!) tend to cut their backlift and try to keep the ball close to their pads for that ball (Hey! who likes to be the hattrick bunny!). I usually try an out swinger or if the batsman is a tailender - an offcutter!

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
4/3 is my best, and included a hat trick on the first three deliveries IIRC. First was a leg cutter that went through the gate. Second was the best yorker I've ever bowled. And the third, well I screwed up and bowled a really short one, but lucky for me the batsman swung at it wildly (which was strange being on 0/2) and was caught easily at square leg.

Users who are viewing this thread