Best Fast Bowler -- Vote Here

Who do you think is the Best Fast Bowler in the world today ?

• Shoaib Akhtar

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Glenn Mcgrath

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Brett Lee

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Shane Bond

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Steve Harmison

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Matthew Hoggard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaminda Vaas

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Irfan Pathan

• Shawn Pollock

• Makhaya Ntini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You should have given an option "Other".

Anyways I can only choose one bowler at the moment, the 97.8 mph man Stephen Harmison.

hi ppl

International Captain <br><a href="http://www.plan
Still Glenn McGrath

Radaga

International Coach
Glen McGrath is probably still the best.

But Harmison is the most 'in form'

jwalits

Club Cricketer
Glen McGrath by a long way, than followed by Gillespie and behind him would be Harmison, whereas for bowlers like Bond and Akhtar, they have missed more matches due to injury than they have played in. Akhtar can be a good bowler if he had some control over his brain and Bond just needs to play and than we will find out whether he will be able to bowl at the pace he was before he got injured...
They would need to perform on a consistent basis for a while yet before they can reach the levels of the McGrath and Gillespie (same goes for Harmison, as well)

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I picked Pathan (just to give him a vote, well not really). I think the best bowlers are swing bowlers like McGrath, Vaas and Pathan. They actually cause trouble in the game. Pathan is modeled after Wasim Akram and there is no contest that he is the best in the world. Vaas has become a little old and is fading out (sorta). Bowlers like Lee and Akhtar just need a batsmen with a good eye and they get smacked around the park. They occasionally bowl an unplayable delivery but they rely too much on pace. This is evident when Shoaib Akhtar is bowling his heart out whilst his wicket column is 0 and his economy rate is double figures. England I won't comment on because I haven't seen them in action lately. The only team they seem to play against is West Indies, who haven't won a test match in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread