The Best Fast Bowler

Who do u think is the best FAST bowler in the world?

• Shane Bond

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Brett Lee

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Shoaib Akthar

Votes: 20 25.6%

• Total voters

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
irottev said:
lol, once a year, thats a ridiculas exageration. The stats tell the tale.

India huh. I remember Bond demolishing you last year.

Well if even he did demolish India he did it just once and then too Pathan and Yadav scored heavily (heavily in context to hte demolition).

Bond if not for NZ wouldnt have been in many teams for his fitness (not in Aus,SA,Pak,Ind atleast).

Fast bowling is all about fitness and the guy doesnt have it and he is far from being the best among the crop. Half the time he doesnt play if not once a year. Cant recollect one full series or tour that he has played.

He had made his debut in 2001-2002 and has played a whooping 45 ODI's and 13 tests ie 3 tests and 11 odi's a year .

That is one series in a year. Thats why I said so and if your stats are concerned the Michael Clarke would be the best left arm spinner to have played Test cricket.

irottev

School Cricketer
He demolished you in the ODI and tests. But anyway.

You don't have a clue what your talking about. New Zealand doesn't play many tests at all, in our whole home summer three test matches. 45 ODI's is a good amount, at 11 per year or whatever. At least he didn't get dropped for attitude problems and poor form. Bond lives in this city. I have seen him play domestically and every single one of his international games. All three bowlers have had long periods off. Wheres Akhtar now? Not an injury. But accordiung to you a player who gets injured can't be any good.

At this second hes fit. He only missed the second test because of a virus, everyone gets one now and then. THe back injury was just unfortonate and not a lack of fitness issue.

I think the fact that viruses and back injurues have sidelined him and that hes gotten up, kept hope in himself and come back as devastating as ever each time absolutly amazing. I really admire him.

About the Clarke thing, hes a part time bowler for starters, the stats actually terll you that he hardly ever bowls, average isn't the only stat which is important mate and thats not all I was going by and he isn't on the top test and ODI ranking list above the Warnes, Murilis and Vettoris who feature on them. I don't totally use stats and rankings but they are very important.

Half of this probably makes no sense. But I don't have the time to waste.

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
irottev said:
He demolished you in the ODI and tests. But anyway.

About the Clarke thing, hes a part time bowler for starters, the stats actually terll you that he hardly ever bowls, average isn't the only stat which is important mate and thats not all I was going by and he isn't on the top test and ODI ranking list above the Warnes, Murilis and Vettoris who feature on them. I don't totally use stats and rankings but they are very important.

Half of this probably makes no sense. But I don't have the time to waste.

Same could be said abut Bond , had he bowled more often as the Akhtar's or the Lee's he might not have had such good record.

He is a good bowler no doubt but far and ver far from a great bowler.

donkey

Club Cricketer
I voted for bond too eventhough I havent seen him bowl yet but I've heard so much about him.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
donkey said:
I voted for bond too eventhough I havent seen him bowl yet but I've heard so much about him.
Never vote for a player you've never seen play. Arguably even Bradman, but that's opening another can of worms.

irottev

School Cricketer
Adarsh said:
Never vote for a player you've never seen play. Arguably even Bradman, but that's opening another can of worms.

I agree totally. After the World Cup I am sure you will have seen him in action.

FreddieFan

International Coach
Adarsh said:

When stats speak that loudly, I think you can get away with it :)

WG.

School Cricketer
Brett Lee at the moment, altho I would consider Flintoff to be a 'fast bowler'

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
irottev said:
How fast is Asif? He seems to be a hot new talent.
at the moment around 83-85 but he could get upto 90!!
thats according to boycott and waqar younis in the recent hutch cup series between india-pakistan.

irottev

School Cricketer
gambino said:
at the moment around 83-85 but he could get upto 90!!
thats according to boycott and waqar younis in the recent hutch cup series between india-pakistan.

And in metric?

But that sounds quick enough for him to be considered. Its early days for him, but he seems to be extremly good.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
yes, he looks very good but too early to tag him. Its a tough call between Lee and Bond right now, only if Bond was "consistent" with his fitness.

Users who are viewing this thread