The Best Fast Bowler

Who do u think is the best FAST bowler in the world?

• Shane Bond

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Brett Lee

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Shoaib Akthar

Votes: 20 25.6%

• Total voters

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Asif upto 90? Where exactly from? He is around the 80-85mph mark, that does not take anything away from his talent though, but 90mph is pushing it a bit :p

He is a seam bowler, and when the conditions are right, he has so far been superb at exploiting them. Hopefully he can continue to progress and develop, as the more quality players in World Cricket the better.

Wahindiawah

School Cricketer
puddleduck said:
Asif upto 90? Where exactly from? He is around the 80-85mph mark, that does not take anything away from his talent though, but 90mph is pushing it a bit :p

I think he said that he can GET UPTO 90 in future, which is a possibilty.Bowling coach Waqar said that he wants Asif to get some speed, and i think Asif will get faster with time.

irottev

School Cricketer
cricket_lover said:
yes, he looks very good but too early to tag him. Its a tough call between Lee and Bond right now, only if Bond was "consistent" with his fitness.

His fitness is fine. Its only for a few viruses. So its more a health problem.

Its better to put in consistant performances.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think a lot of people would rather not pick Akhtar over the other two simply because he's a bit of an ass. There are certainly some arguments that can be made about Akhtar that nobody has made yet, and I believe his attitude to be the reason.

If people remember my earlier posts, they would know that I actually wanted Akhtar out of the team after Indo-Pak series last year. I thought he was a bad influence on the team. But he has really turned himself around, bowling much better in tests, and not just bowling to get his wickets. His injury this time around was a legitimate one.

No respectable cricket commentator would call Bond the best fast bowler in world right now. Bond is more like a bright future than a present great. He doesn't have enough tests under his belt to be called that just yet. I believe in time his average will get worse when he will have to bowl in a few test series with little rest as Akhtar and Lee have done in the past. Having said that, I believe his average will still stay quite good.

Lee is just starting to get good. He has been the best fast bowler in the past few months that he's been at his peak. But I also believe that Lee has peaked, he won't get much better than this, and even at this rate he has some catching up to do to be as good as Akhtar.

Just my two cents.

irottev

School Cricketer
They are fair points. But I don't see Bond's average getting worse any time soon. Its early days, but hes never really looked like hes getting worse, only better.

These best threads are stupid, everyone has different opinions. Really, players can't be compared.

I wonder how Lee would fare against Australia? I guess we will never know. Australia is undoubtably the best team so thats one reason why they are hard to compare. Secondly, being in a strong side will help. You will get good support from the other bowlers, keeping pressure on.

Last edited:

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
i will go with Lee...

Bond dominates the windies, thats all well and good but they arent exactly top notch oppositon...i really cant wait to see how he goes in South Africa.

irottev

School Cricketer
He dominated Australia in the world cup, did you forget that already?

Bond didn't get Tailender wickets either, he got Gayle, Lara, Sarwans, they are world class batsman.

I will tell you what, if Bond gets less wickets in South Africa than Lee did or he gets clobbers or something (not that its going to happen) then I will mabee change my mind. But right now, my opinion is Bond all the way.

This series will be a good way to look at both's performances.

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
irottev said:
He dominated Australia in the world cup, did you forget that already?

Bond didn't get Tailender wickets either, he got Gayle, Lara, Sarwans, they are world class batsman.

I will tell you what, if Bond gets less wickets in South Africa than Lee did or he gets clobbers or something (not that its going to happen) then I will mabee change my mind. But right now, my opinion is Bond all the way.

This series will be a good way to look at both's performances.

there is no point in this discussion as shoaib akhtar is the best fast bowler as he can bowl every where even in 40 degrees in the subcontinent and on low and slow tracks he softens the batsman.i am a indian but i was very impressed by his pace and recent attitude in the indo-pak series.brett lee is afraid of playing in the subcontinent he cannot maintain his speed and will go down frequently if he plays in the subcontinent and will get smashed around waity for the champions trophy he willhave no where to hide and shane bond is best described as a fast medium bowler asbowls in 140-150 not above.he is a good bowler because with that speed he has excellent inswinger and control but sorry to say he is not a fastbowler :D

irottev

School Cricketer
Bond can bowl above. Hew bowled above 150 in the recent West Indian series. He is classed as a fast bowler. Anywhere over 145 for me is a fast bowler and he is usually 145-148

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Cricket_god said:
I Have To Say Word "ALLROUNDER" is frequently misused by cricket fans

yeh i wouldnt say Lee is an alrounder

he is a bowler that happens to be more than handy with the bat.

irottev

School Cricketer
Hes turning into an all rounder anyway. He just needs that three figure score really to prove it. Even without it, he does make the odd handy 50. He has improved out of sight. None of the three are mugs with the bat really. Akhtar and Bond are seen a bit less because they bat almost last, but both are certainly capable. They arn't all rounder status though, incase thats what you thought I meant.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Lee has done a great job with the bat, I would agree not all-rounder class yet, but I reckon he would fit just behind Giles, Pollock and Vettori as a batsman. When he hits them, a bit like Akhtar they go miles!

Users who are viewing this thread