Best Overseas player?

I agree with Afridi. Ends up being a top bowler and useful batsman. May not get tons of runs, but if you'relooking for a bowler to bat at say 7, then he is ideal.

Oram - Tried him for a season or two. Does well with the ball, but struggled a bit with the bat.
Watson - Opposite to Oram, top class with the bat, but may struggle with the ball.

Stuart Macgill on '06 Ashes edition is a beast. His wages are only 36,500, and he rips through teams like there's no tomorrow.

MUFC1987 said:
I agree with Afridi. Ends up being a top bowler and useful batsman. May not get tons of runs, but if you'relooking for a bowler to bat at say 7, then he is ideal.

Oram - Tried him for a season or two. Does well with the ball, but struggled a bit with the bat.
Watson - Opposite to Oram, top class with the bat, but may struggle with the ball.

Pretty spot on. If you're lucky then Afridi and Oram have good years with the bat as well as nearly always having good years with the ball. They should average around 30 minimum but in a good year can get you a 1000 runs on top of bucket loads of wickets.

Watson as well will nearly always score runs, in a good year will also get you 50 wickets.

Jaztheman said:
i have found out that yousuf can be a hit or a miss?

He is very hit and miss on the most recent edition, but Younis Khan is even worse. Will smash a double hundred then do nothing for a couple of matches.

I have to say Cam White is mine. Absolutely stunning buy and he'll score stacks of runs and take loads of wickets.

Well I can say a few things about my overseas players.

Hampshire - Rahul Dravid:
A bit in and out of form. Goes from a big score to a being the first wicket out for nothing. With my not so great batting lineup he bats at 2 and hasn't done a great job in OD's especially. Good captain though!

Somerset - Shane Bond:
Great fast bowler and very good lower order batsman. Can hit quick runs and grab the match for you when in the lower order needing runs. A very good opening bowler that takes lots of wickets. Overall great player

So Shane Bond would be my best overseas player :)

Sharma is good in future years on the 2006 edition, as well as Chawla. Both will pick up plenty on wickets at 20 or so and can be useful with the bat in the lower order. I think Sharma averaged 150 in Twenty/20 one year just through smashing a quick 30* in most innings.

ThePlugInBabies said:
Stuart Macgill on '06 Ashes edition is a beast. His wages are only 36,500, and he rips through teams like there's no tomorrow.

yeh he was a freak for me, taking 128 wickets in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread