Picking Overseas Players

I normally pick a keeper and a fast allrounder or just a good fast bowler if there are no good alrounders. I never seem to find good keepers in England, and always end up with lots of good batsman and spinners but no pacers...

I decided to pick a squad with no overseas players this season, pure homegrown talent, and I have already won the twenty20 cup.

For the first 5 years in my Leicester game, I had 2 overseas players, both opening bowlers in Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar. When my homegrown talent grew over those 5 years, I decided on no overseas players because I had 22 international quality players from my youth system and 10 of them were on England contracts, so I had enough players to run 2 teams.

Top quality players for overseas are:
Batsman
1. Habibul Bashar
2. Chris Gayle
3. Ross Taylor
4. Hasan Amla
Bowlers
1. A.Hasan (Bangladesh)
2. Dewald Pretorius
3. Brett Lee
4. Lasith Malinga
Wicketkeepers
1. Brad Haddin
2. Lou Vincent
3. Khalid Masmud
4. Kumar Sangakkara

My suggestion is to not go over the top with your overseas players and allow your homegrown talent to play and trust me it will pay off.

Ricky Ponting was good when I got him for Yorkshire once. He finnished top batsman with nearly 2000 runs

Playing for New Zealand in my game, Ross Taylor wasn't the best, I've found Timothy Weston as a very good New Zealand wicket keeper though, averages over 40 in tests and ODIs for me.

Playing for New Zealand in my game, Ross Taylor wasn't the best, I've found Timothy Weston as a very good New Zealand wicket keeper though, averages over 40 in tests and ODIs for me.
In a way your right, Ross Taylor isn't good enough for international level but what I'm talking about is County and State level where he has consistantly scored 1500 runs a season on every game I've played and his best position always suited my team which was number 4 in the order.

On Timothy Weston, I have had him once and he was pretty good but I have never had him again so I couldn't have a fair view on getting him as an overseas player. I am sure though that you wouldn't lie about him so he could also be a handy guy to get aswell.

one of the worst I've had was the South African All-Rounder Imraan Khan. got very few wickets only about 40-50 in all competitions and scored less than 900 runs. I think he was on Kolpac but i only signed him for one year and let him go.

Muralitharan was good when i signed him before long ages ago..He was the leading wicketaker for two seasons he played for me..

one of the worst I've had was the South African All-Rounder Imraan Khan. got very few wickets only about 40-50 in all competitions and scored less than 900 runs. I think he was on Kolpac but i only signed him for one year and let him go.
I actually had him aswell and I must say he did well for you compared to me. I played him all 16 matches because of an injury crisis and only got 450 runs at an average of about 12 and 11 wickets at 90 a piece, so he did very well for you.

he was young only about 22 when i got him. maybe he gets worse as he ages

Top quality players for overseas are:

3. Brett Lee
He sucked so much eggs for me, as a general rule I stay well away from Aussie players in the game, never had one I've been even tempted to try and re-sign.

another bad pick for me was shane bond. he played one game all season took 1 wicket and was on international duty either side of that. i could have used that money to buy Harmison who was top wicket taker for 3 seasons with his new team kent.

another bad pick for me was shane bond. he played one game all season took 1 wicket and was on international duty either side of that. i could have used that money to buy Harmison who was top wicket taker for 3 seasons with his new team kent.

Shane Bond???lol...He was worse for me too..I have bought him..He took only 30-40 wickets in 11 FC games.

Users who are viewing this thread