Picking Overseas Players

Top quality players for overseas are:
3. Brett Lee

He sucked so much eggs for me, as a general rule I stay well away from Aussie players in the game, never had one I've been even tempted to try and re-sign.
ummmm... Interesting. I must say that i've never had a problem with him. Maybe it's just one of those seasons where he does absolutely nothing for a player, I know he played rubbish for a rival computer side by only taking 10 wickets all season but I would still have him if I had the option to.

The only Aussies I've ever used are Mike Hussey, Ricky Ponting and Shane Watson.

All did very well.

yeah i agree, Ponting and Watson are awesome but i tend to avoid aussie bowlers they never do anything much for me. Although watson can pick up a few wickets through the season but i don't use him as one of my main bowlers.

i am in the year 2043 and i have used a fair few Aussie players. Watson, Tait, Law. then there are the ones from 2020 onwards
- D.Kelly avg over 60 in 2 seasons with me. 2012 runs in 2037 with 4 double centuries in a season
- J.Fenton bowler who i had for 2 years as backups to my England squad players
- A.Allsop avg about 40 for the 1 season i had him

there are a lot of aussies around, usually there is an aussie in the top 10 rankings even though australia is never doing well

i am in the year 2043 and i have used a fair few Aussie players. Watson, Tait, Law. then there are the ones from 2020 onwards
- D.Kelly avg over 60 in 2 seasons with me. 2012 runs in 2037 with 4 double centuries in a season
- J.Fenton bowler who i had for 2 years as backups to my England squad players
- A.Allsop avg about 40 for the 1 season i had him

there are a lot of aussies around, usually there is an aussie in the top 10 rankings even though australia is never doing well
But these are re-gen players, who can be unbelievable, like Tendulkar and Lara rolled together or they could be terrible like Gavin Hamilton (England vs. South Africa test match 1999).
Really I've only had a problem with one player from Australia and that was Adam Gilchrist who did score about 1,000 runs in county cricket, which wasn't too bad, but he dropped about 40 catches throughout the season:mad: and only took 9 and that's what really counts if your a wicketkeeper!

Asif has been best bowler for me, he takes many wickets and same with afridi.

Kallis has always been great for me, even back in Icc 2000!
Sehwag is another good one.
Jacob Oram always bats very well and isn't too shabby with the ball either

Jeffwilson added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Shane Bond???lol...He was worse for me too..I have bought him..He took only 30-40 wickets in 11 FC games.

Yea shane bond is woeful in this game, especially for new zealand

Jacob Oram was really good for me, I got his FC average above 50 and he also opened the bowling to great effect :)

Jacob Oram was really good for me, I got his FC average above 50 and he also opened the bowling to great effect :)
Is that because he plays for Northern District?:p Nah I'm only Joking, I did have him for just the one season but he was very injury prone, he must have played 1 game and missed 3 afterwards with injury but no doubt he was a very good player for me with around 45 with the bat and 27 with the ball. I do believe he is the Simon Jones of New Zealand on this game for his injuries:p.

In the risk of being laughed at and possibly booted off the forums i have to say cameron white has been very good for me. him and munday at somerset won many many games for me. White for about 4 seasons consistently took over 70 wickets and made over 1000 runs. ive just started a new game with glamorgan for something different and im hoping cam white will be available for me to 'purchase' at the end of the season ;)

yeah, i use Cameron White in my Australian team. He has like 23 wickets at 25 in ODI's. Add to that his batting average is about 60 batting at number 9!!

In the risk of being laughed at and possibly booted off the forums i have to say cameron white has been very good for me. him and munday at somerset won many many games for me. White for about 4 seasons consistently took over 70 wickets and made over 1000 runs. ive just started a new game with glamorgan for something different and im hoping cam white will be available for me to 'purchase' at the end of the season ;)

yeah, i use Cameron White in my Australian team. He has like 23 wickets at 25 in ODI's. Add to that his batting average is about 60 batting at number 9!!
Cameron White is a very good bowler and batter in this game and be very useful when your team is in a struggle, like I had when I was Warwickshire on ICC 2005 and in the final of the C&G where he got me from 59-6 to 321-9 as he scored 163 if I remember rightly and took 7 wickets as.

@M.di Venuto: why did you think you get laughed at and kick off the forum for picking a great player... well good?:p

@M.di Venuto: why did you think you get laughed at and kick off the forum for picking a great player... well good?:p

hahaha been doing a bit of reading around the forums. cam white isnt the most popular guy around here :p cant imagine why. his leggie turns a mile :p

I have to agree, In both my ICC files, White has been a superstar! in my current one he retired at 855 wickets and over 7000 runs from his 165 tests.

Too bad he cant do that in real life. Never mind the 7000 runs, 855 wickets from a leggie starting now would be brilliant :) we can only dream

Users who are viewing this thread