Picking Overseas Players

Just started a new game how have people found the players:

S Badrinath(India)
J Sharma(India)
A Hasan(Banga)
Also a keeper called Van Whyk or something, he cost 90 000.

Im also unsure on how good watsons bowling is.

Last edited:
I always find that Watson is very good with the new ball after that he is useless. Also try him as an opener when your batting, he did get over 2,500 runs with me.

I used to open with Watson id One Dayers, he did the job but when out of form it was terrible

Just started a new game how have people found the players:
J Sharma(India)
A Hasan(Banga)

I had J.Sharma for a couple of seasons...Wicket taking bowler...More than that - Economical...Rarely goes for more than 40 runs in his 10 over spells...Also his consistent economy will be highly useful in T20's...

The same thing goes good for A.Hasan..but you could have gone in with A.Sunny...

I hadnt tried Watson...but as I saw... he goes for far too many runs...but super with the Bat...

Watson was my rock for Lancashire when I was away managing Enlgand. He seemed to be more of a bowling all rounder for me, strangely enough. Still came in at nuumber 3 though, ahead of Yousuf.

Badrinath is a very good batsmen and easily capable of playing in England for the top teams, a great player to have. However, look around as there are usually a few more players that are better than him.

I tend to use Watson as a batsman in First Class games, with a few overs after the opening pair if I've playing two spinners. Useful in that role in One Dayers as well only completing ten overs, but I wouldn't rely on him to take lots of wickets.

Elias Sunny has had an awful start to the 2015 (maybe 2016) season. 2 wickets in about 6 innings. Alam is still doing great though.

Elias Sunny has had an awful start to the 2015 (maybe 2016) season. 2 wickets in about 6 innings. Alam is still doing great though.

Sunny is ripping people apart in 2023, he's going at about 19 with the ball in FC and 20 in OD. He's aging now, but he still gets bags of wickets and he also gets bags of runs, going at 23/19 in both competitions.

J.Sharma (Ind) he gets gd wickets and bats well at 7
S.Afridi (Pak)
M.Cosgrove (Aus) Scored 1900 odd runs in a season for me

I pick the best player relative to their contract value. Older batsmen are better since they cost less and they are near the peak of their skill (30-35 year olds). Bowlers I pick the best ones. In early seasons this is usually 2 bowlers, and later on I rarely take overseas players unless I have money left over.

I always pick batsmen, as my top 5-7 are usually in the england squad, So i choose the best potential batsmen. I just look for the ones under 25 with a good second team average of atl east 60

Hershelle Gibbs is completely useless as an overseas. I have him in my current season and he has performed crap. my other overseas is Makhaya Ntini. Brilliant bowler only problem can go for alot of runs sometimes but takes alot of wickets. only problem is the rest of my bowlers don't work well with him. Its hard to find the right dynamic for bowling.

Yasir Arafat has always been my first choice.

And Diaan Van Wyk has always been my second choice.

Both in a class of their own, but can sometimes be picked for their country. Not always, but sometimes.

Graham Smith is a gun batsmen, especially in OD/T20 games.

Users who are viewing this thread