IPL Better IPL Alternative...Vote in Poll.

Your Ideas about IPL.

• Yahoo..I am the greatest IPL fan

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Great.I love it.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Fine No Problem.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I hate IPL and marketing of Cricket.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I just dont want to talk about IPL

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

tech.007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't see a point in hiring expensive old Aussie and English veterans to your teams in IPL.Lets not forget that IPL is for young Indian Cricketers and I don't see any youngster benefiting except big names like Virat Kohli.
So I Think that instead of IPL there should be a Indian Subcontinent Premier League.This would really really be helpful for India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.In that we can have people like Imran Khan and Ranatunga.

Do you guys agree?

Last edited:
  1. Firstly, IPL is too boring :sleep
  2. Secondly, that won't happen... because BCCI's main/cunning indirect motto is to fetch lots and lots of money through this IPL! Hence they won't even think of these things even in a dream.
If the promotion of youth would have been the only concern, ICL should have been welcomed with respect. But it did not happen. Its to be noted, ICL's exposure of cricketers was more while IPL's money fetching business was more with little exposure of young cricketers. :rolleyes: Again this would turn to a IPL vs ICL thread which I don't want it to happen either. :p

In short, I don't feel BCCI would think of all these things especially when, the money which they get is lots and lots because of current IPL system.

Worst idea ever.

how wont having greats of the game benifit the younger indians of their squad ?

The indians are lucky they have this much better than the county system alot better for their younger players

I am dying to see Ranatunga play T20. :banana2

Modi lies when he says it is about unearthing Indian talent. We've found a few but the seasoned performers in domestic cricket don't get a proper chance to prove themselves, especially the batsmen. Until the match vs RBC, Rahane was batting so low down the order. Saurabh Tiwary was also made to do the same. Dhawal and Raje hardly bowl any overs. Pujara didn't play a single game last season. The youngsters are selected because there is no choice but to do so. The one under-23 or 21 player is just to make sure nobody says anything. Twenty20 cricket cannot unearth talent. I think it should be used to draw focus towards already known performers in the domestic circuit who now have the chance to make a statement on a larger stage.

ipl is only commercial....that may lead to commercialization cricket.......

Modi lies when he says it is about unearthing Indian talent.

1. Dinda
2. Laxmi
3. Gony
4. A.Mishra
5. Badrinath
6. Abhisek Nayar
7. Y.Takawale
8. Sreevats Goswami
9. Dhawal Kulkarni
10. Laxmi Balaji
11. Kamran Khan
12. R.Jadeja
13. Naman Ojha
14. Swapnil Asnodkar

Yep, he's lying.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Lets not forget that IPL is for young Indian Cricketers

If the young players don't play alongside foreigners, how will they learn? If you don't allow any foreigners, then what will be the difference between the IPL and a normal Indian T-20 league? The idea is not at all logical, sorry.

1. Dinda
2. Laxmi
3. Gony
4. A.Mishra
5. Badrinath
6. Abhisek Nayar
7. Y.Takawale
8. Sreevats Goswami
9. Dhawal Kulkarni
10. Laxmi Balaji
11. Kamran Khan
12. R.Jadeja
13. Naman Ojha
14. Swapnil Asnodkar

Yep, he's lying.

Laxmi's already played for India before, Mishra was picked for test cricket so he was already doing well in FC, Badrinath was just a case of bad luck and is/was well known in domestic circuits, Shreevats wasn't unearthed in the IPL rather in the U-19 WC but I'll give you that one, Dhawal was picked for the test team so he has been picked on his FC performances, Laxmi Balaji has already played international cricket so I don't see how he was unearthed in the IPL, Jadeja did pretty much nothing in the first season of the IPL except that knock of 30-odd he was picked in Sri Lanka because of his fantastic Ranji season. So yeah, I stand by my point.

Even so, Gony played for India and epic failed and hasn't done anything in domestic cricket since. Takawale has played such few matches it's difficult to judge. Kamran Khan, I'll give you Kamran since I like the guy. Naman Ojha has already played domestic cricket for a while and hasn't set the world on fire so we've hardly unearthed anything big. I'll give you Swapnil as well but I think he was chosen on an India A/B tour following his IPL performances in the first season and epic failed.

So yeah, nice try :).

Last edited:
An Internet Service Providers League? Well, they do all live in India anyway...

Of course Modi will say IPL is for young indians....Do you expect him to say .."ipl is for guys like ganguly...hayden...You Know these guys felt bored at home". :D

Tbh, I don't see why everyone is up in arms. Sure, this might be a money making ploy.

But at the end, its working well. If it had been only Indian Cricketers it would have the same fanbase as the Ranji Trophy, which tbh is appalling.

Players get a lot more exposure from the IPL. The public gets to know them, which also puts pressure on the board to get those players in. There's a LOT of talent in Ranji Trophy but since its public exposure is so low, corruption / politics prevails. But the media getting involved with the IPL has really helped youths get the recognition they deserve.

Take Gony for example. Sure, he was epic fail, and was never really good enough material. But then, he got recognized and found a very QUICK way in the Indian team (Found a quick way out aswell).

Now if there were no foreigners / star cricketers, all this exposure won't be there. Just won't be there, we all know that. Sure, the Cricket purists / fans will watch, but the general public won't, and the same amount of media involvement / pressure won't be present, and corruption and politics would prevail again.

Take Gony for example. Sure, he was epic fail, and was never really good enough material. But then, he got recognized and found a very QUICK way in the Indian team (Found a quick way out aswell).

Gony was never a performer in Ranji cricket. The best Ranji talent (that haven't played for India yet) aren't being used as they should be. Take Wriddhiman Saha for example. He had an amazing domestic season but in KKR, for a while, there were 3 keepers in the XI, McCullum, Saha and Van Wyk. Delhi is one team that can be commended for its use of domestic players- Rajat Bhatia and Pradeep Sangwan are being used well. Rajasthan is one team that actually unearths talent. I don't think you can use T20 to unearth talent though. It should be used to give exposure to already known up-and-coming players in the domestic cricket. If there is an indication of talent, then you should develop that during the domestic season, not just bludgeon them into the Indian team like Gony. T20 can be used as an indication of talent, not as a representation of talent. What I do feel it does well though is that it gives dropped players a chance to make an impression again (e.g. Piyush Chawla, RP Singh, Robin Uthappa).

Last edited:
Gony was never a performer in Ranji cricket. The best Ranji talent (that haven't played for India yet) aren't being used as they should be. Take Wriddhiman Saha for example. He had an amazing domestic season but in KKR, for a while, there were 3 keepers in the XI, McCullum, Saha and Van Wyk. Delhi is one team that can be commended for its use of domestic players- Rajat Bhatia and Pradeep Sangwan are being used well. Rajasthan is one team that actually unearths talent. I don't think you can use T20 to unearth talent though. It should be used to give exposure to already known up-and-coming players in the domestic cricket. If there is an indication of talent, then you should develop that during the domestic season, not just bludgeon them into the Indian team like Gony. T20 can be used as an indication of talent, not as a representation of talent. What I do feel it does well though is that it gives dropped players a chance to make an impression again (e.g. Piyush Chawla, RP Singh, Robin Uthappa).
I think you're just agreeing with me here - The IPL gives exposure, rather than "unearthing" talent. And some much needed exposure at that.

Users who are viewing this thread