Story BFN Bombers - Battrick Story

voldemort

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maxkarter said:
I know its mean, and since I have signed him I'll only be revealing his stats - maybe - after our match, I don't want to show him off really.

didnt want to go offtopic... but hiding his skills is the right thing to do... sort of a challenge for me... but one look at his wages can tell me what he is :p

I played against his old owners last season and lost, and glody made 49 off 56 before he was caught behind off polonowita :p

match id: 765948

Last edited:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
voldemort said:
didnt want to go offtopic... but hiding his skills is the right thing to do... sort of a challenge for me... but one look at his wages can tell me what he is :p

I played against his old owners last season and lost, and glody made 49 off 56 before he was caught behind off polonowita :p

match id: 765948

I can only hope that since that match he has improved, otherwise you have a pretty good idea what he is capable of. Either way he's a good signing and one of my top batsmen.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
FRIDAY LEAGUE MATCH​

Being the final league match, and taking into account that 20/20's are on their way, AND that player fitness is worrying me, there is going to be a mass squad chance for this game.

BFNBossierke.jpg

Based on this comparison I think you can see that its fairly safe for me to drop a few key players here and there without putting too much on the line. Going by a full strength comparison, the don't have a snowball's chance in hell, but I am playing a significantly weaker squad so it will be a little bit closer.

Expected line-up:
Gore, Sparrow, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Burnell, Noon(+), Soft, Singh (*), Breen, Bird

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
From what I saw when I played you, you don't have too many backups and those backup are more than capable.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
FRIDAY LEAGUE OVERVIEW​

So, the last league match of the season took place yesterday and with a weakened squad, both batting and bowling wise we still managed to pull of a rather convincing win. We were away at Bossierke CG, and a green pitch waited.

bfnbossiersco.jpg

So after losing the toss, we went out to bowl, missing Eddie Samuel out due to fitness woes. Janardan Singh didn't waste time though, and led from the front as a captain should. He got stuck in to their batting, and managed to pick up 4 wickets in his frist spell, this significantly hampered their attemps to set a good total and Barnard, kept the pressure on and took himself 2 wickets too. All the while Longeran was playing in what seemed to be his own world and kept going on. Breen bowling through managed to get the late breakthrough, with sustained pressure from wicketless Soft. The spin pair weren't giving away runs easily, and after Breen got his two upon his return Brid snapped up Longeran who proved to be their backbone.

Gore, who is accustomed to opening was out with Sparrow, the one attacking the other defensive. But that had no effect on the outcome Gore was in a hurry and dispatched the ball to all corners also hitting 2 sixes, Sparrow wasn't hanging around either though. They managed to get the 94 run total in just over 11 overs, with Gore narrowly missing out on yet another deserved 50.

bfnbossierkecoma.jpg

So the report suggestes, that the top order is still on the same level its always been even after dropping a strong bat and bringing in a respectable. The middle order ratings did suffer however, but it wasn't going to be tested this match. Bowling wise we're still as strong as anything, but the addition of the extra spinner dropped the spin rating.

MATCH PREVIEW - PC LEAGUE​

We're gearing up for another encounter against Aura, were pretty closely matched but Aura always seems to run out of luck, they will be trying to change that this weekend, and it started well with a crushing league win on Firday.

BFNAuracom.jpg

The report, taken from the last league games and depending on the teams for tomorrow, suggests this: We're slightly lacking in the top order, but I don't see it as a initial problem, the difference I think will be our respective middle order depth, and perhaps our spin bowling as it should be back to competant tomorrow. It's not going to be a walkover - How many times have I said it? - but this time im confident we'll have a game on our hands.

Expected line-up:
Mainey, Nicholls, Glody, Gore, Barnard, Spiller, Noon (+), Samuel, Singh (*), Breen Bird

voldemort

International Coach
Maxkarter said:
The report, taken from the last league games and depending on the teams for tomorrow, suggests this: We're slightly lacking in the top order, but I don't see it as a initial problem, the difference I think will be our respective middle order depth, and perhaps our spin bowling as it should be back to competant tomorrow. It's not going to be a walkover - How many times have I said it? - but this time im confident we'll have a game on our hands.

You dont have an abys/abys/abys batting order :p

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
That's a full strength team for Aura, minus Cash their spinner. We've got a full strength team too, Furlong dropped for the better Glody on his debut, and Samuel back in after a rest with Nicholls.

Welcome to Knights Castle for the match between Aura and BFN Bombers.

We can tell you that Aura won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking slow and low. Tough for everyone. Could be a low scoring match on this sunny day.

Aura have selected Duminda, Overton, Murray, Naidoo, Wijenayake, Dharmasena, Polonowita, Ilanganage, Ryno, Whittingham, Poke.

BFN Bombers have picked Mainey, Nicholls, Glody, Gore, Barnard, Spiller, Noon, Samuel, Singh, Breen, Bird.

0.4 W Ilanganage to Mainey
Inside edge onto the stumps, Mainey isn?t happy getting out like that.

Not what I want, Mainey ends his for abruptly in the first over, debutant Glody in next.

0.6 W Ilanganage to Glody
That's a great catch from Duminda as Glody was beaten for pace... in fact the ball clipped the off stump on its way through to the diving keeper. Bowled him.

2nd ball duck. 2mil not paying itself off yet.... Gore and Nicholls in now, both have a good record against Aura.

13.3 4 Whittingham to Nicholls
No slip in place so Nicholls deliberately edged it. Four runs.
And that's his fifty! Well played.

Getting back on track nicely now, and a deserved 50.

17.6 1 Poke to Gore
Good ball from Poke aimed at middle and off. Gore steps across the line and gets a single into the on side.
And that's his fifty! Well played.

They operate in pairs and once they get going, they are dangerous.

33.2 6 Ryno to Nicholls
Nicholls has absolutely smashed that for six! The fielder didn't even bother to move.
And that's a century for Nicholls! Well played indeed Sir!

Is there a better way to reach a century? I don't think so! Brilliant innings has us back in the game.

37.4 W Whittingham to Gore
Gore gets hit right in front on the back foot. Whittingham appeals and the finger goes up in an instant.

3 runs short of a 100, he deserved it the way he and Nicholls have brought us back into the match.

43.6 W Ryno to Nicholls
A massive edge and it's caught behind by Duminda!

Well played for that 138!

46.5 W Poke to Spiller
Oh yes! Superb delivery from Poke, pitched outside off stump and swung in late, Spiller shouldered arms and is mystified to see his off pole knocked out the ground. Quite simply an unplayable ball.

It's the last 10, and the battrick collapse continues!

48.5 W Poke to Singh
Singh misses the ball completely and it hits the pads. Big appeal and he's given! It looked like it pitched outside leg but TV replays show it pitched on leg stump. Fantastic umpiring.
48.4 W Poke to Samuel
That's gone! Samuel chased a wide one, and the umpire raises his finger.
48.3 W Poke to Noon
Ilanganage has pulled off a blinder. That ball looked like it was behind him when he caught it.

Try a hattrick on for size! Our last proper bat out in that massacre.

49.3 W Ryno to Bird
That's beautifully done! Duminda crept up to the stumps and has swiped off the bails as Bird strayed too far from his crease. Great tactical bowling from Ryno to entice Bird down the pitch.
49.2 W Ryno to Breen
OUT! Full and nips back through the gate!

Thats the last of it, end of the innings a good one after the initial worries.

End of Over 50: 313-10, runrate=6.26
Ryno 9-0-53-3
Barnard* 35 (29 balls)

Ryno arguably their best bowler as he wasn't hit around as much, Barnard did well to score and miss the carnage. Nicholls and Gore the undoubted hero's for us.

Onto our defense of the total!

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
MONDAY TRAINING UPDATE​

So as the routine goes, it's training Monday and I have 3 trainees being trained, and today was one of the better days for training as you will now see.

Ken Nicholls - 17 yo, BT Rating=15,010
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, moderate
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable

A helpful fielding pop there, should benefit us in the field, consistency not so important for a batter, but useful non the less.

Jonathon Bird - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,112
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

A bowling pop there, a good one as it strengthens the bowling rather well.

Finally, the best for last!

Eddie Samuel - 18 yo, BT Rating=22,366
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, low
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

Respectable stamina will help him to handle the 4 nets next season without killing his PFL too much, and the bowling well.... It's just perfect!

MATCH OVERVIEW - PC LEAGUE​

So, yesterday we went up against Aura, a match in which all honesty I wasn't really that confident about mainly because of a few PFL woe's and just one of those feelings... a sort of sixth sense. We made the long trip to the sub-continent where a slow pitch waited, unknownt territory to my players.

bfnaurascorenew.jpg

After losing the toss yet again, we were put in to bat. Mainey and Nicholls strode out to the middle, ready to get a good total going. Unfortunately Mainey was cannoned by Ilanganage, and two balls later 2.0 million pound singing and debutant Glody was bowled for a second ball duck. We looked to be in a spot of bother but Gore and Nicholls were still there and they set out to try to get the match back in our hands. The two kept going, as they eached reached their milestones of 50, Nicholls his 100, before Gore was dismissed. A massive 221 run partnership was broken, but Nicholls was now partnered by Barnard, who had been doing quite well of late. The two pushed on and added a few more valuable runs to the board before Nicholls was caught behind. What happened next was carnage, Spiller came and went and whilst Noon tried to steady things he was the start of a hattrick, and Breen started an almost hattrick.

Samuel and Singh as usual went out with one thing in mind, destruction. Strangely with roles switched niether was really effective but Samuel did manage to get rid of Duminda. For now a long time passed, and with much similarity to our innings a large partnership set them up perfectly for the last 10 overs. Barnard did manage to get rid of Overton luckily but it didn't mean much with the poor bowling that was to come Aura's way handing them victory. Samuel then bagged another at a rather crucial stage, but it was all thrown away in the next two overs when the required run rate dropped from near 10 to a miserly 6 after two expensive overs from Singh and Samuel respectively. Going into the last two overs, things were tight and with some luck we could still win. Singles were taken off 5 of the 5 balls bowled, but a 4 was hit off the last ball, giving them a rather simple 5 runs to win off the last over. It took 3 balls to reach, and couldn't come sooner to punish the horrible bowling displayed on matchday.

bfnauracoma.jpg

So looking at the ratings there was nothing between us, and finally we had the top order pop from competant to respectable which has put is in a better position against other teams. I can't really place any set of skills as the defining factor of the win, but rather a bad performance from a certain set of players on the day which cost the match. Either way we can only look on to the next game where we can only hope to bounce back!

BFN Bombers - 313/10 (49.3)

Nicholls 138
Gore 97
Poke 4/80

Aura - 314/4 (49.3)

Murray 98
Overton 95
Samuel 2/73

voldemort

International Coach
lucky that i faced you before all those pops took place...

you would have won when RRR was 9.5 after the end of the 44th over... Wijenayake snatched it away with 17 off 9 :p that dropped the required runrate...

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Honestly, and I'm sure you know it in the back of your mind, the PFL that two of those players are on is enough to make them perform at a level half of what they are capable of so it wouldn't have made a difference. in fact it might have been an advantage.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
3 players out in the 90s in that game. Bad luck Max thought your bowling attack would be able to defend it.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
For the BT Players that do follow this thread, they will know that there is currently a Twenty20 tournament going (BT20). I would cover it, but its simply just too many matches in a short space of time, so once it all ends, I will do a proper overview of the whole competition once I am knoced out.

Just a quick snippet about my game tomorrow. I'm playing a rather strong Giants Of Surrey, away at their ground. Their team isn't a particularly strong one, but it has the potential to cause an upset.

Users who are viewing this thread