Big Ant Studios post first look at Cricket game

flake

County Cricketer
Sorry gents, just want to clear up that theyre gonna be way better than that initial screen.

umosay

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry gents, just want to clear up that theyre gonna be way better than that initial screen.

Haha, of course. The detail you see in CA will be in-game quality. The attention to detail there is great, go look at some rugby league live 2 visuals, it will be improved on that as Ross has said.

Lighting etc has improved also from RLL2. Will look particularly good on PC. I was pleasantly surprised when I booted up CA for the first time, even the early CA video didn't look quite so impressive.

Last edited:

flake

County Cricketer
Umosay, you gotta say this game looks so so good, what are your personal gameplay expectations?

umosay

Club Captain
Umosay, you gotta say this game looks so so good, what are your personal gameplay expectations?

I expect something quite different to any other cricket game, where bowling and fielding are as fun if not more fun than batting.

Also the fact there is no bowling cursor is something I have wanted for a while, so it will be a bit more hardcore with a higher learning curve.

I don't like to get my expectations to high for any games incase of a letdown, but on paper this sounds a bit too good to be true ;)

flake

County Cricketer
This news of the bowling cusror not being their is a worry for me. I still want the ability to put the ball exactly where i want it !

umosay

Club Captain
This news of the bowling cusror not being their is a worry for me. I still want the ability to put the ball exactly where i want it !

You will have to learn that :P It's not very realistic being able to hit the exact spot you want, that's boring for me... when you get it right it should feel like an achievement, hitting the right line and length. Not superman picking out a spot.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Also the fact there is no bowling cursor is something I have wanted for a while, so it will be a bit more hardcore with a higher learning curve.

So right. I've been going on about that for a few years as well. Remember posting a few ideas for improvements for IC10 after Ashes 2009's release. Dug the post up for fun and it is quite amazing that, 3 years on, Big Ant's approach addresses pretty much all that I'd brought up then - fatigue linkage to running between wickets, moving away from a cursor placement / super accurate bowling mechanism, analog sticks to control feet movement (confirmed) and full bat control (not sure).

For me, what is most exciting about Big Ant's game is their approach. We certainly can't judge either game before their respective releases, however the overall approach to the game seems fair game to have an early opinion on.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So right. I've been going on about that for a few years as well. Remember posting a few ideas for improvements for IC10 after Ashes 2009's release. Dug the post up for fun and it is quite amazing that, 3 years on, Big Ant's approach addresses pretty much all that I'd brought up then - fatigue linkage to running between wickets, moving away from a cursor placement / super accurate bowling mechanism, analog sticks to control feet movement (confirmed) and full bat control (not sure).

For me, what is most exciting about Big Ant's game is their approach. We certainly can't judge either game before their respective releases, however the overall approach to the game seems fair game to have an early opinion on.

OMG - It's like you read my mind but ahead of time... you edited that post, right?

----------

It's more of a worry when the batsman knows exactly where the ball is going to be before it even leaves your hand because there is a pitch marker...

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
OMG - It's like you read my mind but ahead of time... you edited that post, right?

Isn't it uncanny? That you thought alike goes to show how in-step you are with what the "fans" thought as missing from previous attempts at representing Cricket in a video game. That can't be a bad thing. Combined with your statements about being in it for the long-haul, am confident this first game will lay a strong foundation on which to build upon.

Now, if I could indeed read your mind, I'd get rich answering every release date question or screenshot request at 10c a pop.

umosay

Club Captain
[/COLOR]

It's more of a worry when the batsman knows exactly where the ball is going to be before it even leaves your hand because there is a pitch marker...

Yup. I've never got 'leaving' the ball in past cricket games. How exciting is knowing you can leave the ball when the bowler is 20 metres away? :lol: A good leave should be a crucial part of the game! Especially early on in an innings. Getting bowled from a bad leave would also be one of those ahhhhh moments.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Yup. I've never got 'leaving' the ball in past cricket games. How exciting is knowing you can leave the ball when the bowler is 20 metres away? :lol: A good leave should be a crucial part of the game! Especially early on in an innings. Getting bowled from a bad leave would also be one of those ahhhhh moments.

Yeah!! Its interesting to note that even small minor changes to the approach towards different gameplay mechanics adds so much depth to the overall gameplay!!

ricky87

Club Captain

Letting the ball go to the keeper and dodging those short pitched deliveries is such a big part of Cricket and something I love doing while batting in real life. It would be unbelievable if it also has substance in the game because knowing where your off stump is so important! Some batsmen even have pretty good looking styles when leaving the ball so I hope we will have a very good time with this in not only the full game but Table Top Cricket as well!

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Big Ant Studios updated their cover photo on facebook with-

30441041012266570888319.jpg

Now, is this a sign of an other new game to come soon?

Will u rlzgame with blank kits only?????? I mean without logos and team names.Bcoz it doesnt appears in preview of game.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Will u rlzgame with blank kits only?????? I mean without logos and team names.Bcoz it doesnt appears in preview of game.
No. That's an early screen - hence the post being made last October.

Try the Cricket Academy beta if you want to see the kits now.

CyberCricket

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thinks its great we dont have an early bowling spot shown to us on pitch. But I think in Easy or Easiest we should have that option.:)

Users who are viewing this thread