• Abdul Razzaq

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Justin Kemp

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.9%

• Total voters
irottev said:
McCullum bashed 50* off 25 balls against Mick Lewis lol.

Not a tough task, eh? :p

irottev said:
He is a pretty big hitter but just new on the scene. He bashed 62 runs off 22 balls in our Twenty/20 final when he opened the batting. Hes probably not up there with the Afridis, Cairns, Klusener, Gilchrists, Dhonis, etc, but he may get that trait in the future. He also got 51 off 22 balls. it was against Zimbabwe though so thats not much to brag about really.

I'd second that, he's definitely a dangerous, and at times, a very creative man with the bat who has the ability to play several roles in the order, yet still find the gaps. At times he's a little too busy when it's not required of him, though....

Definatly agree there. He does move around his crease a lot. I have seen him bowled a few times when he was trying to hit a little much.

KP.

How many would risk so many shots when saving a test like he did at Lords?

7 sixes iirc.

No one could've predicted that.

Sureshot said:
KP.

How many would risk so many shots when saving a test like he did at Lords?

7 sixes iirc.

No one could've predicted that.

Well I read somewhere that at the first break of that innings he went to Vaughan and asked him how he should play and Vaughan said that he should just play his game. Which he did. So he might not of ended up playing the risky shots if that didn't happen. It's probably best he did play though because I feel that a risky player playing his game will survive longer than being forced to play a way he either can't or doesn't feel comfortable doing so.

CricketFan999 said:
It's probably best he did play though because I feel that a risky player playing his game will survive longer than being forced to play a way he either can't or doesn't feel comfortable doing so.
Couldn't agree more. I believe this is why Afridi has been more destructive as of late, in tests anyway. Inzi and Woolmer just let him play his game. Miandad tried converting into the next...Miandad.

CricketFan999 said:
Well I read somewhere that at the first break of that innings he went to Vaughan and asked him how he should play and Vaughan said that he should just play his game.

How cliche :/ Fairy tale ending.

Freddie isn't capable of hitting the ball straight away-that tends to be his downfall. Afridi is better.

Freddie was better a couple of years ago when he was in his best form with the bat, you can't doubt his form in 2003/4. But lately his batting has been poor, he hasn't played normally, hes tryed to play a sort of a captinas innings.

Ricky Ponting actually. He can smash the **** out of the ball, but most of the time, he keeps his cool, and thats why he is not a name you think of when you mention "big hitters". I think he scored 30 odd in a over in a 20-20 match.

cricketmad09 said:
Ricky Ponting actually. He can smash the **** out of the ball, but most of the time, he keeps his cool, and thats why he is not a name you think of when you mention "big hitters". I think he scored 30 odd in a over in a 20-20 match.

Matthew Hoggard could score 30 in an over in a 20/20 match! But I agree with you, Ponting is a wildcard for biggest hitter.

evertonfan said:
Matthew Hoggard could score 30 in an over in a 20/20 match! But I agree with you, Ponting is a wildcard for biggest hitter.

No he couldn't. :rolleyes:

Ponting usually has to get himself set before he goes all out. There are way too many batsmen out there capable of scoring runs quickly. Even Jason Gillespie can score runs quickly if needed and has some luck, Hoggard could easily do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread