blc on windows 2000. What are the steps

A

Anonymous

I am a beloved fan of blc but i prob is i wish i did not have to dual boot every time to play it. its a shame thats the only game i have that wont work on 2000. Is there an easy way to do this and what are the steps HELP!

Just download the files given buy baz at his site link. After the download is complete replace the original exe files from the installed directory of BLC by the downloaded files.

This should make the files work in windows 2000. If it still does not work (it worked on my win2000 but not on a friends))
try downloading a patch for wowexec.exe from the microsoft that helps programs of WIN95/98 work on Win 2000.

thanks for the info , but i'm still searching for the wowexec.exe file to download. If u know where exactly it is, then please send me the link

Many thanks

ok I got the game working (cool!) only two issues (1) i cannot get sound when i enter the game, only the intro sound and (2) its showing to the far right of my monitor.

Any help for these two issues?

I think this is the biggest bug in the exe provided by baz. It does not play the sounds probably....

Just press the right arrow key when you see the BLC logo with LAra on it. Then it will play sounds in the game.

Also try updating your soundcard drivers

its showing to the far right of my monitor.

To address this issue you can try the obvious like changing your monitor display using the buttons or wheels given on the monitor and you can also try different graphics modes for the game.As a final step try updating your graphic card drivers.What graphics card do you have?

I think i got the latest drivers for my card
its an 'all-in-wonder 128 pro 32mb' the driver i'm using is w2kr128513013279 settings of 32bit true color 800x600

Users who are viewing this thread