BLC On windows XP(Help!) - Possible Solution on P4!!

U

UnderTaker

sangamm

after all uploading 41 mb file is not a prob. use an ftp sortware

or send it to me. i've send my address to ur messenger

thanx
UnderTaker

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This file was made by a software prof.. in my dad's office.
He was makin the TMD editor too....
As i said im very busy these days.so wait till 8th feb..Then i'll get DSL and loads of time to send..

Thanks

Well it is the 17th feb now. I will give you an FTP server that you can upload it onto if you want? Couldnt you copy it onto a CD and upload it at your school/college/work/internet cafe or something?

Ste

Kartik07

School Cricketer
Yo Sangamm mannn....
Wheres ma CD AT????!
Comeon....upload it and send me my CD...

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Sangamm,
Did you again crash your drive.. I think you have lost it again. Why aren't you spiltting the file and uploading it.. ?????

Please try doing something about the file.....

Markakarobbie

School Cricketer
Hi Gang,
Have successfully set my system up for duel-boot, I'm
using 98se in "C" and XP in "D". It works like a dream, I'm now
able to play my BLC.
Both versions of Windows are full blown and not
upgrades. You have to first set up your partitions using a
boot-disk with FDISK and then format the drives in DOS. Load
98se and get everything sorted with drivers etc.. Then load
XP but use the custom settings and make the program load
to your "D" drive. You can then reboot with the option of
which OS you want loaded. :D cheers, Mark

Kartik07

School Cricketer
Come on man...somebody tell me what i can do u make BLC work on XP!!!
Wheres ma CD Sangamm???!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyone knows how to run on XP, other than dual boot....please reply!!

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, i had trouble running BLC on XP, but have got i working now after lots of fiddling.

But in fact the solution is quite simple. XP doesnt allow the cd to be read properly. Therefore:

copy the whole cd to c:codemastersbrian lara cricket (edit select all..). Make sure the game is not installed yet. After copying this, go to the hard drive and run the setup file (not the cd). Install the game in the same directory (standard install is alright).
Now what you do is first is copy all directories in c:codemastersbrian lara cricketblc into c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram

Then right click the savegame directory and uncheck read only
Also if still problem make a new directory in c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogramsavegame

Now to run the game go to c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram and you either click d3dhigh if your machine is upto date, software etc.. depending on your machine. No compatibility setting is needed!

The icons in c:codemastersbrian lara cricket wil not work only the ones in c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram.
right click the icon you use to run and send to desktop or create shortcut and you can use this to put on your desktop.

Also if sound doesnt play at menu then the game WILL hang at the coin toss. When you load game, and BLC title screen comes up, press right arrow key (you will hear a noise) and enter. By the way you still need the CD unfortunately but the extra hd space used is worth it to play the game. If you want to use less space, try and delete directX directories and all others you think are not used in c:codemastersbrian lara cricket etc.. if you want.

Its now working fine, hope it does on yours too!
Good Luck
baz

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
Can anyone confirm baz's solution works? If so I will put it on the main page of the site.

Ste

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
XP doesnt allow the cd to be read properly:

Hence why the demo works - it does not run of the CD you have to install it or download it onto your HD!

Ste

Mike

School Cricketer
So is this a fix for XP ? Man if it is Good work baz.

Kartik07

School Cricketer
Baz, i did everything u said in the thingie man and my #### still dont work. It just hangs there and does nothing. I dont know what i did wrong man. U sure thats the only way it actually works?

A

Anonymous

Hi there,
when i was fiddling about i really tried so many things, but mainly what i did is in my previous post. However you can try some other things as well, like running the BLC patch, copy c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogrambackdrop to c:codemastersbrian lara cricket or the whole of the program directory to the c:codemastersbrian lara cricket.

Also make sure you dont use the launcher, but double click directly onto e.g d3dhigh.exe file in c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram.

At the start when it used to hang and you pressed enter you heard some noises and some garbled graphics move. Although you cant see it it basically says Retry or Ignore. If you press right and enter you are telling the game to ignore and continue. In any case ignoring wont work as the game will crash. Using what i suggested you may come to a point where the graphics of the menu work fine and you can see the error messages.

Basically it is a message saying what files the game cant find. You will know you are getting close when the menu loads or error messages are fully readable when you start. E.g if it says cant find backdropstitle.gbb for e.g, copy the whole of the backdrop folder from c:codemastersbrian lara cricketprogram to c:codemastersbrian lara cricket

I hope you are able to emulate what i have tried and play the game. If the game directly after the intro movies shows codemasters it means it is working, but remember to press right and enter on the title screen.
Baz

Users who are viewing this thread