BLIC 2007 video out

yow dont worry about most of these minor deails no video game is perfect and remembe its still a work in progress and i think your suppose to control what the wicketkeeper wears well i would choose this above cricket 07 anyday

Last edited:
same old crappppp.....the only change which i noticed was that whenever the ball hits the pitch dust comes out....did anybdy notice this..??...i hope its restricted to only dusty and dry pitches and not the green tops..

yes it is looking very same to the previuos one

The main plus point about codemasters' graphics is the extremely high definition, which you cannot see in the video. So do ont be too disheartenedd by the graphics in the video.

i dont care about the video im getting it anyway :)

also people always say we want good gameplay yet they see one video that doesnt stream well and suddenly its 'crap' :(

i dont care about the video im getting it anyway

also people always say we want good gameplay yet they see one video that doesnt stream well and suddenly its 'crap'
AGRee with you dude

I'll still probably buy it, as i continue my long fruitless search for a cricket game that i can call 'decent'. Online play will be the most exciting feature for me. However it has the potential to throw up alot of bugs, so i hope it is tested thoroughly.

Also, it shouldnt be so easy to hit sixes against the cpu and online, otherwise games will turn into somewhat of a farce. I want close tight games, not scores of 500. I want hitting a 6 to be a risk, so that you have to pick the right time to hit a six, like when a slow bowler gives one some air. But at the same time, that can be your downfall.

Widescreen high def resolutions must also be supported for those of us with large monitors.

From the ign preview, it sounds as if there is alot of work still to be done/checked/added etc, lets hope there is no delay in the release.

I think there is an improvement graphicaly. The players seem to cast shadows onto themsleves - so the lighting has been improved, it may seem minor but it does bring a more realistic 3 dimensional look to a sunny day. i just hope online test matches can be saved at the end of an over or at least a session. It'll suck if test matches have been overlooked in favour of the one day game.

i will still get the game, but surely that is not the final product, it looks the same as 05 on PS2. There has to be more to it......surely. if it is like that then the online bit will be great and i hope the AI have wised up. But i will be a bit dissapionted as i really hate EA's effort.

Dear oh dear. When are we going to realise that codies et al only pay lip service to forums like this and see us as harmless geeks to be humoured. At the end of the day, the only thing they, or EA, or any other software company is interested in is shifting units. That's capitalism. They haven't designed this game for cricket enthusiasts - that's why it will still be a case of "point the analogue stick in the direction you want to hit a six". They are releasing essentially the same game as last time but tarting it up and tying it in with the cricket world cup to cynically milk a few more bucks from us mugs. Oh bollocks. Just realised that we've all been had again. :crying

Dunkyboy said:
Dear oh dear. When are we going to realise that codies et al only pay lip service to forums like this and see us as harmless geeks to be humoured. At the end of the day, the only thing they, or EA, or any other software company is interested in is shifting units. That's capitalism. They haven't designed this game for cricket enthusiasts - that's why it will still be a case of "point the analogue stick in the direction you want to hit a six". They are releasing essentially the same game as last time but tarting it up and tying it in with the cricket world cup to cynically milk a few more bucks from us mugs. Oh bollocks. Just realised that we've all been had again. :crying

You sound as bad as someone on the Codies forum. You are able to judge that simply because the game looks similar in a short video which doesn't really show anything, that it will be the same as BLIC 2005 and Codemasters actually don't care about customers or the feedback they get? Very good! :rolleyes:

Dunkyboy said:

So the down the wicket shots, sweep shots, stumpings, more accurate bowler speeds and online play are just a figment of everyones imagination then?

puddleduck said:
So the down the wicket shots, sweep shots, stumpings, more accurate bowler speeds and online play are just a figment of everyones imagination then?
Everything other than online play should be part of minimum expectations for a cricket game and should've been in the last release, hardly revolutionary changes

Users who are viewing this thread