BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
fanirama said:
BLIC was so over-hyped it fell under its own weight of over expectations.
For me personally BLIC is good, got all the elements of being a super franchisee, what ppl fail to realise is that Pro Evolution Soccer wasnt made in a day, so is BLIC I am sure it has bugs, well actually I think it has one glaring bug which can be compared to the magnitude of bugs that EA cricket series has by the millions, and that too is only produced in like one in every hundred games if that (fielders circling the ball - only when they reach the ball at the same time - I think it happens cause the AI cant decide who is gonna pick up the ball as they both arrived at the same time or something like that). Yeah bat and ball physics needs a bit of tweaking so is the pace of the ball for bowlers and other than that its fine, except for more motion captures, which I am sure would be added in the next version (80 to 800 in BLIC 2005 to 5000 BLIC 2006/7; well I actually want them to release a cricket sim every 18 months), especially for fielding and batting, anyways I definitely would buy BLIC and am so happy that I dont have to pay for the scam that EA sports releases every now and then in the name of EA Cricket series :cheers.

On a further note yet I have to find a way to get the AI out consistently, except for bowl to your field and that too from the demo release without any patch; and the bowling concept is superb :happy

Last edited:
guys, is it just me or anyone else feels the bowlers run-up
in BLIC is a little weird.

the bowlers run as if they having constipation problems.

Last edited:
flintoff said:
With EA Cricket 2005 I don't enjoy playing it. Batting is difficult to score runs with ground strokes .......... BLIC is enjoyable to play, because while batting I can place the ball where I want to, working the ball around
That's a lack of skill on your part, hence your liking the easy arcade nature of BLIC.

Cricket 2005 has been a major disaster with far more people not happy with the gameplay then happy with it. To back up my claim go to the major review sites (gamerankings), amazon.com etc and it is struggling to average 50-60% (a "disaster" in the gaming world) from professional reviewers and the general gaming community (results generally boosted by the improved graphics over cricket 2004).
Those "professional" reviews are mostly from people who aren't cricket gamers, and who complained extensively about how hard it was- in other words, the gameplay score got hammered because they suck

NZL Fan said:
You talk of Lara not having things like the "advance" shot, even though EA/HB studios, after numerous years and versions, still allow computer controlled bowlers to bowl more then their allotted 10 overs in one dayers??

Thats a bug ,i agree,but i dont think it was there in in cricket 2004.

iceman_waugh said:
Thats a bug ,i agree,but i dont think it was there in in cricket 2004.
Oh it was...I can even get screens...

brad352 said:
That's a lack of skill on your part, hence your liking the easy arcade nature of BLIC.
Easy or Hard...its still fun! Its quick, requires concetration, and is extremely rewarding when you beat the fielders or grab a wicket...

ZoraxDoom said:
.......and is extremely rewarding when you beat the fielders
You beat the fielders every bloody ball, where's the reward in that

brad352 said:
You beat the fielders every bloody ball, where's the reward in that
I meant something like a beautiful coverdrive piercing the offside field, not just a slog...

jk16_4 said:
guys, is it just me or anyone else feels the bowlers run-up
in BLIC is a little weird.

the bowlers run as if they having constipation problems.
This makes the game to look like an arcade game.
I also don't like the default capture for WK(why can't they use captures of blc99 which were superb?)
But we get used to it.

*Strokes are the major concern for me

Mahesh Babu said:
*Strokes are the major concern for me

What exactly do you mean? The animations, the directional variations, or no front/back foot etc

i like the animations of the strokes played in blic, for example you can actually tell the difference between a top order batsmen and a tail ender, which hasn't really been implemented into any other cricket game (which i've played anyway). i especially like the leg glance shots, they look very stylish, with the proper flick of the wrists :)

First off got to say, great work with the demo expander, a 50 over demo is superb. However i'm not sure about the game. Now, don't get me wrong, i'm a PES man through and through, i can't stand EA's FIFA, it's just plain crap. This is why i thought that this would be the cricket game to have, and Cricket 2005 would be nowhere in comparison, but i feel i am wrong. I've had the Cricket 2005 game since it came out, and i've go to say i'm quite enjoying it, i think it's a pretty good game. This however, just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't feel right to me, feels weird. It has potential, and i could well take over EA games in the future, but for now, i'm going to stick with Cricket 2005.

zimrahil said:
What exactly do you mean? The animations, the directional variations, or no front/back foot etc
I don't care for BF/FF shots.The animations are superb.But every shot goes to the same direction!That needs tweaking by changing the direction ranges for the strokes.

The power to the strokes is too much.Just play a normal cover drive and u will get 4 for it every time.Play Six-hit ondrive and u will get every time a six or 4.I cannot cut the ball to thirdman(It goes to deeppoint)(It selects cover drive shot instead of cut shot byitself).Hopefully you will edit the strokes!

aprofromindia said:
For me personally BLIC is good, got all the elements of being a super franchisee, what ppl fail to realise is that Pro Evolution Soccer wasnt made in a day, so is BLIC I am sure it has bugs, well actually I think it has one glaring bug which can be compared to the magnitude of bugs that EA cricket series has by the millions, and that too is only produced in like one in every hundred games if that (fielders circling the ball - only when they reach the ball at the same time - I think it happens cause the AI cant decide who is gonna pick up the ball as they both arrived at the same time or something like that). Yeah bat and ball physics needs a bit of tweaking so is the pace of the ball for bowlers and other than that its fine, except for more motion captures, which I am sure would be added in the next version (80 to 800 in BLIC 2005 to 5000 BLIC 2006/7; well I actually want them to release a cricket sim every 18 months), especially for fielding and batting, anyways I definitely would buy BLIC and am so happy that I dont have to pay for the scam that EA sports releases every now and then in the name of EA Cricket series :cheers.

On a further note yet I have to find a way to get the AI out consistently, except for bowl to your field and that too from the demo release without any patch; and the bowling concept is superb :happy

You say BLIC is good, yet, you go about mentioning more of the negatives of BLIC than EA. I find that quite ironic especially because you claim to think its good. I think you're in denial that EA has this time produced a good cricket sim that is challenging and worth it and BLIC is not quite comparing to it.
Hence I claimed that BLIC is over-hyped.

I have played conventional cover drive, in extra cover region and very square in cover point region. Hitting the ball is not difficult, the ball just comes on to the bat so nicely, hopefully in variable pitch condition timing the ball will not be easy.

In the latest update about BLIC in codemasters forum RubberGenius mentioned that ball and bat collision is much better now and they have made some changes.

Users who are viewing this thread