BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Post your views, opinions and reviews of the BLIC demo here!
The demo is availible in GAME stores in the UK for PS2 and also some people have been sent it by Codemaster's Web Editor Rubbergenius.

The PC demo is out on the 30th June and will be availible for download on the internet.

Ste said:
Post your views, opinions and reviews of the BLIC demo here!
The demo is availible in GAME stores in the UK for PS2 and also some people have been sent it by Codemaster's Web Editor Rubbergenius.

The PC demo is out on the 30th June and will be availible for download on the internet.

Thanks Ste! Sorry for the long post!

Hi Guys. I recieved my Demo in the post, Thanks to Rubber Genius!

I played the game for 15-20 minutes using England! Against Australia. I got to say the replays and the fielding animations blew me away. WOW!

I found it difficult to get used to the controls as I have been playing cricket 2004, but after a couple of tries I got used to the controls.

Over all! straight to the point!

The layout on the menu is spot on with a simple but stylish looking interface.

I like the fluidity of the game in terms of the smoothness the way shots are played and the way both bowlers and batsman look almost real when playing a particular action.

The fielding is hard to get used to when throwing the ball in the time gaps of the fielding bar. I also like the idea of where the bowler should start from on his run up by giving you the option to move him around before the run up.

The camera views on the fielding can get a bit annoying with the camera switching back and forth from the bowling view to the fielding view. But then again this is something I may come over because with other cricket games I have not had this.

The replays are very smooth and also the hawk eye and dot ball cam are very detailed. Players run ups are similar to the real life players.

Got to say its still difficult to judge the game until the full version is released.

Can't wait!

You can bat and bowl in the demo. The shots played are cool all types of shots.

It's quite hard to play the shots as they need to be timed and the batsman needs placing correctly on the crease, specially if the deliveries are wide.

********* For Batting!!!

You use the R1 & L1 buttons to move left and right on the crease with the batsman.

Start button to pause with menu for scorecards, display options, quit etc.

The circle button is to loft the ball or smash out of the ground if you time the ball correctly.

The square button is to defend the wicket. This is for deliveries that you might not know what to do with or if your not ready!

There is no action for the triangle! apart from run and the X button to stop running.

******** For Bowling!!!

You use the X button to bowl your delivery! I am still confused with the bowling controls. Once you bowl your delivery using X.

You then have the option to have the bowl go left or right by pressing Square for left and Cricle for right I think.

This would work for swing bowlers and reverse swing for medium and fast bowlers? and also spin, googly etc for spin bowlers, I think?

Fast, medium and spin all have different actions with a different style of delivery. Codies have put this together very well. Also certain bowlers have the real life bowling actions.

******* Commentary!!!

The commentry is awsome with absalutly all sorts to listen to. I like the way they talk about the players and the way they talk about history games etc...

Much better than the competition.

Also figured the bowling bit out. When you place the delivery on the pitch depending on where you bounce the ball. You can then tap either R1 or L1 to swing the ball past the batsman to make him play the shot for an edge or what ever becomes your luck. Also the you can get some wonderfull inside edges of the pads to wickets and of the bat to wickets.

No bugs so far! infact i had one but it must have been the bowler having red bull before the game? LOL. I was bowling with harmisson (england) and west indies tried to hit a 4, so there you see harmisson after bowling a delivery, started running after the ball beating all the fielders in the race and then throwing the ball at the keeper. It was dead funny.

Also Rubber Genius, why cant we throw the ball at the bowlers end. It seem to go only to the wicket keeper.

I've started to get the grips with the game, it's turning out to be very good!

THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE WORTH BUYING TRUST ME!

thecricketfan said:
Thanks Ste! Sorry for the long post!

Hi Guys. I recieved my Demo in the post, Thanks to Rubber Genius!

I played the game for 15-20 minutes using England! Against Australia. I got to say the replays and the fielding animations blew me away. WOW!

I found it difficult to get used to the controls as I have been playing cricket 2004, but after a couple of tries I got used to the controls.

Over all! straight to the point!

The layout on the menu is spot on with a simple but stylish looking interface.

I like the fluidity of the game in terms of the smoothness the way shots are played and the way both bowlers and batsman look almost real when playing a particular action.

The fielding is hard to get used to when throwing the ball in the time gaps of the fielding bar. I also like the idea of where the bowler should start from on his run up by giving you the option to move him around before the run up.

The camera views on the fielding can get a bit annoying with the camera switching back and forth from the bowling view to the fielding view. But then again this is something I may come over because with other cricket games I have not had this.

The replays are very smooth and also the hawk eye and dot ball cam are very detailed. Players run ups are similar to the real life players.

Got to say its still difficult to judge the game until the full version is released.

Can't wait!

You can bat and bowl in the demo. The shots played are cool all types of shots.

It's quite hard to play the shots as they need to be timed and the batsman needs placing correctly on the crease, specially if the deliveries are wide.

********* For Batting!!!

You use the R1 & L1 buttons to move left and right on the crease with the batsman.

Start button to pause with menu for scorecards, display options, quit etc.

The circle button is to loft the ball or smash out of the ground if you time the ball correctly.

The square button is to defend the wicket. This is for deliveries that you might not know what to do with or if your not ready!

There is no action for the triangle! apart from run and the X button to stop running.

******** For Bowling!!!

You use the X button to bowl your delivery! I am still confused with the bowling controls. Once you bowl your delivery using X.

You then have the option to have the bowl go left or right by pressing Square for left and Cricle for right I think.

This would work for swing bowlers and reverse swing for medium and fast bowlers? and also spin, googly etc for spin bowlers, I think?

Fast, medium and spin all have different actions with a different style of delivery. Codies have put this together very well. Also certain bowlers have the real life bowling actions.

******* Commentary!!!

The commentry is awsome with absalutly all sorts to listen to. I like the way they talk about the players and the way they talk about history games etc...

Much better than the competition.

Also figured the bowling bit out. When you place the delivery on the pitch depending on where you bounce the ball. You can then tap either R1 or L1 to swing the ball past the batsman to make him play the shot for an edge or what ever becomes your luck. Also the you can get some wonderfull inside edges of the pads to wickets and of the bat to wickets.

No bugs so far! infact i had one but it must have been the bowler having red bull before the game? LOL. I was bowling with harmisson (england) and west indies tried to hit a 4, so there you see harmisson after bowling a delivery, started running after the ball beating all the fielders in the race and then throwing the ball at the keeper. It was dead funny.

Also Rubber Genius, why cant we throw the ball at the bowlers end. It seem to go only to the wicket keeper.

I've started to get the grips with the game, it's turning out to be very good!

THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE WORTH BUYING TRUST ME!

hey buddy how is the graphics?is it cool.and how abt the cut scenes when bowler bowl a good bowl or the batsman hits for a six or four?and which mode u r playing..i mean EASY ,HARD ,WORLD CLASS?pls let us know mate.cheers

here is the very first feedback posted by graham1:

graham1 said:
i would agree this is the best cricket game.
I think its light years ahead of cricket 2004, where do you begin?
Have just bowled and it takes a bit of getting use to.
Harminson bowled a no ball for bowling above head height , the umpire gave the right signal , fielders pull the ball back from boundary then throw.
Not had a catch yet but computer has.
You have to hit x to catch i have seen fumbles ,drops , dive forwards, catches over the head ... i am sure there are others to see.

Batting is also very good there seems to be all the shots, i am looking forward to the test matches most .
Tried a cheeky run to the wicket keeper and he throw the stumps down.
going for another bat graham :D

steppie said:
hey buddy how is the graphics?is it cool.and how abt the cut scenes when bowler bowl a good bowl or the batsman hits for a six or four?and which mode u r playing..i mean EASY ,HARD ,WORLD CLASS?pls let us know mate.cheers

The difficulty settings are normal i think. As this is a demo you cant change the difficulty setting. The graphics are 10 times better than cricket 2004. They are very smooth. The animataions are very good and although this is a demo i cant stop playing it. I've been playing a demo for the past 5 hours, I usually play demos for only 2 minutes and thats it.

But with BLIC 2005 I am enjoying every moment of it, Cant wait to play the full game.

The gameplay is awsome with the AI really playing with you. I noticed the bowling in particular with the swing and movement of the ball. I like the way the bowler drops the delivery than changes the angle on the last minute. So you have to be alert for the ball if you want to score a heavy total.

With the batsman they seem to get alot of edges at slip and also the inside edge. I like this as it shows the affect of swing bowling or spin bowling. You will mainly get caught slip from a delivery that swing at you or away from you. But it also depends on the timing of your shots.

Woooooooooooooooooooh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Can't wait for the full version!

Last edited:
thecricketfan said:
The difficulty settings are normal i think. As this is a demo you cant change the difficulty setting. The graphics are 10 times better than cricket 2004. They are very smooth. The animataions are very good and although this is a demo i cant stop playing it. I've been playing a demo for the past 5 hours, I usually play demos for only 2 minutes and thats it.

But with BLIC 2005 I am enjoying every moment of it, Cant wait to play the full game.
nice to know u r enjoying it buddy..just waiting for next week when the pc demo is releasing...hey one more thing..how abt the umpires???they have real face like players???and how abt the lbw decisions????

i know buddy i m probably bugging u too much but u know too much curious man...thanks mate..

Wow, its created an unusual anxiety in me, can't wait! :cool:

is it against the rules to post images or videos? cuz if its not please post some. im sure everyone who doesnt have the demo is dying to see videos of the demo

and is the demo 2 player

what about charge down the wicket and shots variety. Also how many bowling actions. and how do graphics and player aces look like.
thanks

Thecricketfan can you tell me your system spec,
So I can know If it will work in my computer in 3d Graphics Extereme?

fardin said:
Thecricketfan can you tell me your system spec,
So I can know If it will work in my computer in 3d Graphics Extereme?

The demo is on ps2.

I love it how the batsman can play onto the stumps, thats really good. I have 1 question.

Can you put fielding on so the computer does it automatically, like on cricket 2004? If not then thats a real bummer, I hate havinbg to deal with fielding. I suppose though I would get used to it.

cricketfan, do you know which stadium is being used in the demo?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread