BLIC - I have received mine....1st thoughts.

StormySteve

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Received mine from GAME this morning....First impressions are it is not as realistic as C2005 but you probably won't get the bugs...gameplay is basically as per the demo but the real let downs are the "fake" player names which you can change, but you can't change the faces...the commentary too is a bit drab...off to play a bit more, will report back here later...

Steve S.

people are really giving bad reviews about BLIC :(

Oh man not another one saying that it is not that good !!! Where are the bug fixes after the demo version !!! I hope all comes out after a good review of the game !!

hey those of you have the game..can you all tell me how many players are there in exibition mode?i mean how many players are there for each team in the non official matches..

Another annoying thing about the game is that when bowling the CPU batsman never leaves the ball. It doesn't matter how wide the ball is.

But don't take that as a all out negative review. It's still a great game, and the learning curve to truly master this game seems quite steep.

I'm itching get back on my xbox now LOL!

even if you got close to the bar, the speeds were far below what they should have been (E.g. Fast Bowlers bowling at 60 miles per). It was very difficult to bowl quickly consistantly

Yeah, I found that a problem, but i thought I was doing something wrong.

im sure they will make a patch for this

Basically the game is worth buying if you're a die hard cricket fan and you already have C2005...but there are a few annoying things about BLIC which are:-

Fake player names (which can be edited - names only)
Very few stats (Only scorecard and batting and bowling figures)
Graphics inferior to Cricket 2005
Commentators don't say the players names
One or two pointless unlockables (poor gallery :D )
Non ICC fake ground names (ie: Lords is North London)
Arcadey

Some good points:-

Easy to get into
No bugs so far (although I haven't looked at that bowling issue yet!!)
Smooth
More likely to get a patch than C2005 ;)
More commentators.

I prefer C2005, it'll be a better gaming experience once the bugs are sorted :rolleyes:

Steve S.

That's c**p not having any graphs/stats etc - no worms, spiders, manhattans etc?
Steve, is the speed of the game still the same as the demo, i.e., as soon as, say, you beat the bat the ball is back in the bowler's hand at the start of his run-up?
Also, do the camera angles still change quickly, as soon as the batsman has hit the ball, or is there an option to keep the camera at default like in c2k5?

It has spiders when you get a 50 or 100 or something in the 3D style of Hawkeye. Something also ive been impressed with is that the way it gets darker towards the end of the day in the test match and you can see the shadows getting longer.

Will try and get a screenshot to illistrate the hawkeye spider and darkness now.

Ste

Is Darren Gough's name already correct in the game. i can't remember if I changed it or not, but Gower said his name as he was about to bowl. If his name is in tact to start with then why are they allowed to use his name and not others?

Users who are viewing this thread