BLIC - Report any bugs here

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
okay agreed that it didnt...but atleast they realised something was wrong..
the arguement was that some companies do not acknowledge the fact that they have made a mistake.

codies( or was it planetcricket)had released one for blc 99 to fix the wides issue

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
iceman_waugh said:
okay agreed that it didnt...but atleast they realised something was wrong..

Not really - the patch did nothing other than make a registry entry called "files for crappy patch" :eek:

rahulk666

International Cricketer
SAFC said:
If the demo is based on the final code I would imagine it has now gone gold and the final version has gone to the duplicators. At least codies are recognising there are bugs that have slipped the net and are willing to release a patch on release day. There are very few companies who would do this and it's a big thumbs up to them to know that once the game is released they aren't gonna disappear like EA do......
EA only does that to poor selling cricket games. Have you seen their patch/update support for Madden and NBA Live? Its huge. EA wants to mint money (who doesn't!), but, we cricket game enthusiast are the ones that are robbed of our hard earned money.

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
EA only does that to poor selling cricket games. Have you seen their patch/update support for Madden and NBA Live? Its huge. EA wants to mint money (who doesn't!), but, we cricket game enthusiast are the ones that are robbed of our hard earned money.
Actually its a mistake made by EA if they consider the cricket market isnt huge; its pretty big, I would say its probably bigger than NHL or Rugby, but they cannot publish proper games to draw the crowd, on top of that I think EA isnt very good at innovating games; like e.g. double wicket and stuff; you can easily make a cricket street series and it will sell not cause of cricket fans; but it would be fun to play cricket street online and can be one of the most entertaining games ever; something to think about

sameer0807

Club Cricketer
aprofromindia said:
Actually its a mistake made by EA if they consider the cricket market isnt huge; its pretty big, I would say its probably bigger than NHL or Rugby, but they cannot publish proper games to draw the crowd, on top of that I think EA isnt very good at innovating games; like e.g. double wicket and stuff; you can easily make a cricket street series and it will sell not cause of cricket fans; but it would be fun to play cricket street online and can be one of the most entertaining games ever; something to think about
very impressive idea...but i doubt EA would do that. Well not atleast for another few years.

EA has developed more cricket game than anyone else, but they still suck at making cricket games. I would like to see coodies or any other developer making cricket games quite often.

If coodies can make a cricket game atleast every year, then it would be so much fun. Well who knows when the next cricket game will be released by coodies after BLIC 05.

Last edited:

SAFC

School Cricketer
rahulk666 said:

Surely they should do that for EVERY game they release not just the ones that sell well. It's extremely poor customer service on their part to say "it's not a big seller so sod them". In my book they way to ensure people buy each release is to look after the people that are keeping them in jobs and i have faith that codies will do that.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
When you change the controls for batting, the controls for bowling also change, and vice-versa. This is very annoying as the controls I like for batting are horrible for bowling.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
When you change the controls for batting, the controls for bowling also change, and vice-versa. This is very annoying as the controls I like for batting are horrible for bowling.
Well and now you don't even have autoplay for bowling so enjoy!! :) So much for the BLIC bowling being interesting and gripping. Bah...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey Andrew, cant we save the game, change the controls and then resume back?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
rahulk666 said:
Well and now you don't even have autoplay for bowling so enjoy!! :) So much for the BLIC bowling being interesting and gripping. Bah...
The bowling is interesting and gripping, just the controls are taking some getting used to.

I wouldn't want to autoplay the bowling anyway....... I wouldn't be playing the game then would I? :D

rahulk666

International Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
The bowling is interesting and gripping, just the controls are taking some getting used to.

I wouldn't want to autoplay the bowling anyway....... I wouldn't be playing the game then would I? :D
Andrew, I read somewhere that there is already a way to get batsmen out cheaply. The guy who posted this didn't want to disclose it to take the fizz out. But someone else mentioned that bowling a yorker just outside the off stump you can get lot of wickets. I am suspecting that sooner or later we will find all the cheap ways to get batsmen out for less than 100. And because of no autoplay you will be stuck at bowling purposefully bad despite knowing very well the way to get the batsman out. That will be so annoying! At least the autoplay in cricket 2004 and cricket 2005 will save you from the trouble to purposefully bowl bad.

sameer0807

Club Cricketer
Just played the BLIC Pc demo for couple hrs. and already bunch of bugs that are rather too annoying.

- If your batsman gets out on the second ball without scoring any run, then the commentator would say that you got out off the FIRST ball. (Happened to me so many times now)

- Hit 2 sixes and then a 4 in an over, and then the commentator would say: That's the second six off the over. (Again happened to me on couple of occasions)

- You can go into back foot and hit a straight six....and that's on fast bowler. I don't think that's a bug, but its pretty stupid to get on the backfoot on a short pitch delivery and then hit it straight out of the park for six.

- There seems to be more runs scored by the CPU on the Fine Leg and Third man positions. Just keep the ball out side of off stumps, leg stump, or even middle, and boom the CPU will hit for either Fine Leg or Third man position. It's pretty stupid 'cause the ball is not really there at the spot to be bashed over to Fine or Third man position. I don't think its a bug, but it gets really really annoying.

Last edited:

Hariz

International Cricketer
1)I dont understand the Ai because the CPU tries to smash everything out of the park no matter where it is pitched and how much it moved !!!
2)When two left handed batsmen are playing and one gets caught in the deep they cross and the result is that even if a right handed batsman comes in he takes guard left handed !!!
3)Taking wickets requires some amount of magic !!!
4)The overall speed of the game bugs me, the fielding and shots played seem to go very fast !!!
Well till now this is all i found !!!

vivaki

School Cricketer
Some of the LBW decisions are poor. I know that its good for some appeals to be rejected even if its not out but the reason they give is totally wrong but the cpu had about 5 lbw decisions that were out given not out.

If the ball bounces on the off and comes in and hits the leg in the lbw line of length then should that not be out?

Users who are viewing this thread