Blockerdave's Mods: REBEL TOUR PACK; 80S BAT PACK; 2005 ASHES PACK; 93 ASHES; CHRIS GAYLE!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
2005 ASHES PACK - SPONSORS, EMBLEMS, ENGLAND TOP

Relive the greatest Ashes Series ever! Accurate Sponsors and logos, as well as England shirt.

sMEWAe3.png

Extract the attached file, and note potential clashes renaming/reconfiguring as required..

you can download my 2005 Ashes teams from the academy (username mrdconnors) - they should be set up correctly but to be sure:
set 2005 England sponsor to Plan, set show sponsor to ticked on uniform, and show inverse to unticked
set 2005 Australia sponsor to Score, set show sponsor to ticked on uniform, and show inverse to unticked
also, set 2005 England top to Modern, pattern 23

Attachments

• textures.zip
    64.1 KB · Views: 84

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
RETRO (80S) BAT PACK - 8 BATS

This retro bat pack features bats mostly from the 80s. 8 bats from the 80s.

Includes the Fearnley Attack with Ian Botham and SS Turbo 333 (technically a 90s bat, but Gooch used the non-333 in the 80s) shared separately above and also:

Slazenger v12 (the retro style is now being used again including by Adil Rashid)
lcT7zRP.png

Slazenger 5 Star (used by Geoffrey Boycott)
NmNiH7t.png

the Slazenger V100 5 Star & V500 5 Star (both used by Viv Richards)
Xy5gyZq.png

Stuart Surridge Jumbo, also used by Viv Richards:
w73XjK6.png

and the Newbery Merlin, used by Mike Gatting
HYEPfjZ.png

As ever, extract the attached and replicate the file structure in your My Games\DBC 14 folder.

Note potential sponsor conflicts and rename as required.

These look fantastic. What a great look back in time to such a turbulent era in a way that no other cricket game has given us.

It's wonderful to see that there is so many good quality mods across a variety of eras and that if there is a favourite era or series for users, the material to make it more realistic can be created.

Great work Blockerdave, I look forward to using this and seeing more awesome work from you in the future.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
EQUIPMENT SPONSORS

Equipment sponsors for all the available slots - Slazenger, Adidas (Retro), Adidas (Current), Gunn & Moore, Nike, & Hunts County.

X6f1TOu.png

extract to textures/sponsors

Attachments

• textures.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 134

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
SLAZENGER V500 - ISSUE FIX
So I realised that the Slazenger V500 released as part of the 80s back pat had the front Slazenger the wrong way round.

Have corrected that and now release it here individually - just extract to the sponsors folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1435398905][/DOUBLEPOST]BATS - GM PURIST 5 STAR ORIGINAL & SLAZENGER V CARIBBEAN

The two coolest bats of the 80s and 90s.

kfDBBp4.png

Attachments

• cavalier_col.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 42
  • commtask_col.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 41
  • interworth_col.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 42

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
SLAZENGER V500 - ISSUE FIX
So I realised that the Slazenger V500 released as part of the 80s back pat had the front Slazenger the wrong way round.

Have corrected that and now release it here individually - just extract to the sponsors folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1435398905][/DOUBLEPOST]BATS - GM PURIST 5 STAR ORIGINAL & SLAZENGER V CARIBBEAN

The two coolest bats of the 80s and 90s.

kfDBBp4.png

Excellent work again as always! Look forward to using them soon.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
1993 Ashes Pack

LY25AcD.png

h02L5bE.jpg

Includes:
Cornhill Stumps (replaces Radial Motors stumps, be sure to set them so coloured stumps are unticked, and set appropriately for your match type) - extract the stumps folder to textures\textures\stumps\

Australia shirt only, with old-style ACB logo directly on the shirt. this is a plain white shirt with the logo directly on it. be sure to set it up with emblems not showing. replaces modern shirt pattern 1. extract the shirt to textures\characters\tops\modern_01\

Retro English adboards, that will show up at Sussex Oval and Lancashire stadium. Note, some will show up elsewhere too, I haven't fully checked all the other stadiums. This is from an experimental beta where extra textures were opened up; the textures will be available to all to edit shortly, however in the meantime I believe they will still show for you in game. Extract to textures\stadiums\e00_common\textures\sponsors\

finally, for full immersion, I cannot recommend highly enough using these in conjuction with @quincy159 kits/sponsors and England retro logo.
his kits and sponsors are here if you extract his kits first and then put the my Australia shirt in instead, you get his great jumpers etc. but the emblem I did. our shirts are actually otherwise the same (plain white, no piping/decoration). use his Aus XXXX sponsors rather than Coca-Cola, this was what they had in 93 Ashes.
his retro England logo is here

limitations of the game mean with this set up, aus won't have a logo on their hats, and England will have the wrong logo on their hats - this is sadly unavoidable. also, England didn't wear the MCC kit at home, so the colours on their jumper is technically wrong, but who cares!

this is the way i'm playing the 1993 Ashes at present, when taking a break from getting smashed in my rebel tour. it is, frankly, wonderful even if I say so myself. the immersion/sense of authenticity is amazing.

Attachments

• retro ad boards.zip
    85 KB · Views: 49
  • cornhill stumps.zip
    77.8 KB · Views: 27
  • aus shirt.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
1993 Ashes Pack

LY25AcD.png

h02L5bE.jpg

Includes:
Cornhill Stumps (replaces Radial Motors stumps, be sure to set them so coloured stumps are unticked, and set appropriately for your match type) - extract the stumps folder to textures\textures\stumps\

Australia shirt only, with old-style ACB logo directly on the shirt. this is a plain white shirt with the logo directly on it. be sure to set it up with emblems not showing. replaces modern shirt pattern 1. extract the shirt to textures\characters\tops\modern_01\

Retro English adboards, that will show up at Sussex Oval and Lancashire stadium. Note, some will show up elsewhere too, I haven't fully checked all the other stadiums. This is from an experimental beta where extra textures were opened up; the textures will be available to all to edit shortly, however in the meantime I believe they will still show for you in game. Extract to textures\stadiums\e00_common\textures\sponsors

finally, for full immersion, I cannot recommend highly enough using these in conjuction with @quincy159 kits/sponsors and England retro logo.
his kits and sponsors are here if you extract his kits first and then put the my Australia shirt in instead, you get his great jumpers etc. but the emblem I did. our shirts are actually otherwise the same (plain white, no piping/decoration). use his Aus XXXX sponsors rather than Coca-Cola, this was what they had in 93 Ashes.
his retro England logo is here

limitations of the game mean with this set up, aus won't have a logo on their hats, and England will have the wrong logo on their hats - this is sadly unavoidable. also, England didn't wear the MCC kit at home, so the colours on their jumper is technically wrong, but who cares!

this is the way i'm playing the 1993 Ashes at present, when taking a break from getting smashed in my rebel tour. it is, frankly, wonderful even if I say so myself. the immersion/sense of authenticity is amazing.

Mate this mod looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it all out and thanks for the plug with link to my mods, I really appreciate it.

I'm hoping to have some time across the weekend to have a look at the adboards myself. I was considering some Australian boards from the early to mid 1980s.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Mate this mod looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it all out and thanks for the plug with link to my mods, I really appreciate it.

I'm hoping to have some time across the weekend to have a look at the adboards myself. I was considering some Australian boards from the early to mid 1980s.

thanks! not to make it a love-in but it complements the mods you've done so well, and together they look so great i thought it'd be stupid not to give yours a plug!

i did a "Brashs" board from Aus 80s to go in the Aus stadiums. looks pretty good. you can see it in the corner of my SCG pic
fyaBBYL.png

once i've had a chance to check all the stadiums and check what boards appear where and with what frequency, i'm planning an adboards pack. i've already replaced all boards in my own game just not had the chance to check everything properly and make the necessary tweaks.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
thanks! not to make it a love-in but it complements the mods you've done so well, and together they look so great i thought it'd be stupid not to give yours a plug!

i did a "Brashs" board from Aus 80s to go in the Aus stadiums. looks pretty good. you can see it in the corner of my SCG pic
fyaBBYL.png

once i've had a chance to check all the stadiums and check what boards appear where and with what frequency, i'm planning an adboards pack. i've already replaced all boards in my own game just not had the chance to check everything properly and make the necessary tweaks.

I agree, collectively we now have a series of mods that really offer an enhanced in game experience. I now look forward to re-creating the adboards of the eras we really enjoy and sharing them with everyone.

I remember Brashs well as a mate of mine worked in one of their stores in the early 1990's. Funny enough the reason he left was because they wanted him to give up club cricket to work Saturdays. To him it was an easy choice. I particularly love the Atari sign too.

Magnificent stuff!

manojit007

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Really good stuffs.....Excited to try these classic stuffs..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
B&H PERTH CHALLENGE 1986/87

Don't usually do requests but @asheswonder asked for these and it seemed like a fun mod and given the era and players involved something I might indeed play myself when I get round to it.

This was a competition between Australia
WAoo9bO.jpg

England
jrtWy1L.png

Pakistan
VytCUvU.jpg

and West Indies
MkG4K4p.png

But it's a single template that you could adapt to any side by changing the colours in the academy.

A few issues:
1) the short sleeve shirt had 4 stripes (in 2nd colour) on the arm, whereas the long sleeve shirt had the same as the front & back: 3 stripes (in 2nd colour) either side of a white band. it's not possible to create this difference on the template, so the long sleeve shirt has 4 stripes above the white band and 3 below.
2) haven't seen any images/footage of the jumpers, so have worked that from the vest which I have seen
3) the logo on the shirts is imprecise, as I've not seen a proper image of it. as far as I have found the logo is a partial cricket ball blocked out by a bit of a sail (there was some weird Americas Cup tie in with this competition).

Just extract the file as usual, bewaring conflicts. It is set up to work on the modern template, pattern 9 (pattern_08_col file for modern_01, modern_03 and modern_05 folders) and to be set with neither sponsorship nor emblem showing.

Attachments

• characters.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 24

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

fyaBBYL.png

Completely off topic, but I was down at IGA the other day and there was this fella walking around with a Brashs bag. I thought that I had entered a time warp back to the early 90's haha it spun me out.

asheswonder

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
B&H PERTH CHALLENGE 1986/87

Don't usually do requests but @asheswonder asked for these and it seemed like a fun mod and given the era and players involved something I might indeed play myself when I get round to it.

This was a competition between Australia
WAoo9bO.jpg

England
jrtWy1L.png

Pakistan
VytCUvU.jpg

and West Indies
MkG4K4p.png

But it's a single template that you could adapt to any side by changing the colours in the academy.

A few issues:
1) the short sleeve shirt had 4 stripes (in 2nd colour) on the arm, whereas the long sleeve shirt had the same as the front & back: 3 stripes (in 2nd colour) either side of a white band. it's not possible to create this difference on the template, so the long sleeve shirt has 4 stripes above the white band and 3 below.
2) haven't seen any images/footage of the jumpers, so have worked that from the vest which I have seen
3) the logo on the shirts is imprecise, as I've not seen a proper image of it. as far as I have found the logo is a partial cricket ball blocked out by a bit of a sail (there was some weird Americas Cup tie in with this competition).

Just extract the file as usual, bewaring conflicts. It is set up to work on the modern template, pattern 9 (pattern_08_col file for modern_01, modern_03 and modern_05 folders) and to be set with neither sponsorship nor emblem showing.
Thanks buddy sorry for very late thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread