Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

What an awesome test so far. Been chilling on the Gold Coast watching when I can and listening on the radio a lot. I thought Clarke would fall on 151.. then just under 200.. Bastard just kept going. In the end I was hoping he'd get to at least 336, doubling his previous HS of 168, bit disappointed he declared just before, but tactically it was good to get the Indians in with a short turnaround.

Day 1 bowling performance was bloody perfect too. Good thing Ponting's dropped sitter didn't cost us. I doubt Haddin's today will cost us either, when we're leading by a friggin' thousand.

Hopefully India can find some luck and hang around tomorrow while I'm traveling home, wanna watch the crushing defeat rather than listen.

4-0 this series for India. I was not in town and I hoped for a better performance but really pathetic. I officially call India the worst test playing nation in past one year

That's promising as the Indian bowlers didn't really get much swing. It's great to see Hilfy with the ball that comes back into the right hander, that was always one thing he was missing.

Richie Benaud was talking about it being reverse - which would make sense, given that it only really got going after the Aussies spent 30 overs religiously polishing one face of the ball and roughing up the other. Couldn't really see well enough on the TV to pick the shiny side myself, so can't confirm.

All three quicks were getting a coupla degrees of deviation, though.

Respect to Clarke for declaring. A real sign of class by putting the team first.

but really if he bats the rest of the day gets the 400 and they cant bowl india out in two days then really who will care 3 weeks later that we didnt win the test, Setting history is more important i reckoon.

but really if he bats the rest of the day gets the 400 and they cant bowl india out in two days then really who will care 3 weeks later that we didnt win the test, Setting history is more important i reckoon.

100% agree, thought the same thing when Tubby declared on 334*

I really hope Dhoni goes as the test captain but unfortunately with him also being CSK captian it wont happen

That depends on who wins the series and how this test match goes on. Knowing Clarke and the Australian team, the inconsistencies might make australia lose in the next two tests which would drive Clarke crazy. Not to mention more negative captaincy views towards him

100% agree, thought the same thing when Tubby declared on 334*

No, Teamwork is more important. Selfless service is also important. Its tough to build a selfless image within the media, and when you get an opportunity, you don't waste it.

Fantastic effort by Clarke. He's in a pretty decent run of form actually. Hundred in each of his last 4 series, including the current one.

Damn.. must be a pretty awesome job

After Australia lost the first Test in South Africa, Clarke said that his 151 in the first innings was "meaningless". He said this despite the fact that it was a brilliant knock involving him coming in at 3/40 and scoring 57% of his team's total against the greatest fast bowling attack in the world today. The team result came first.

If anyone doubted his sincerity about the 151, his declaration on 329 should put those doubts to rest. Just five runs short of second place on Australia's all time list, but he declares early to get the advantage of surprise? He's a team man and a competitor first, and there's a great deal to admire in that.

I'm a bit odd for an Australian, in that I've always liked Clarke. But with the way he's performed since being handed the captaincy, I'm now at risk of becoming a fan boy. Quick, someone say something completely irrelevant about how he has a hot girlfriend!

After Australia lost the first Test in South Africa, Clarke said that his 151 in the first innings was "meaningless". He said this despite the fact that it was a brilliant knock involving him coming in at 3/40 and scoring 57% of his team's total against the greatest fast bowling attack in the world today. The team result came first.

If anyone doubted his sincerity about the 151, his declaration on 329 should put those doubts to rest. Just five runs short of second place on Australia's all time list, but he declares early to get the advantage of surprise? He's a team man and a competitor first, and there's a great deal to admire in that.

I'm a bit odd for an Australian, in that I've always liked Clarke. But with the way he's performed since being handed the captaincy, I'm now at risk of becoming a fan boy. Quick, someone say something completely irrelevant about how he has a hot girlfriend!
Haha.. A lot of Clarke haters aren't saying much at all. :p

He is a hell of a batsman, and has showed he can get runs at tough times now.. But there are always going to be question marks about his actual captaincy (field placements, bowling rotations, being a selector etc.).

Nothing he can do more but keep scoring runs when Australia needs him and win test series.. Then haters can't hate!

I think he could have gone for 400. in a way though, it feels right with lara for now. it was remarkably unselfish to do declare anyway, it's a big innings and a big statement from a captain looking to find his feet.

you feel maybe that now players like warner, pattinson, cummins, marsh and cowan are in the team this is him beginning to put together his australian team. (still, a bit of help from the old boys didn't hurt)

Users who are viewing this thread