Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Even if we didnt win this test and lost the series, its just a series, it has no relevance in history, yay we lost a series who cares, like come the next series everyone will forget we lost the series, if the series meant something then yes, but I think Clarkey should have made himself immortal. I dont respect him for declaring, I think he is actually a bit stupid, but it was a great innings non-the less and I dont think people will forget it for at least 10 years.

I think he could have gone for 400. in a way though, it feels right with lara for now. it was remarkably unselfish to do declare anyway, it's a big innings and a big statement from a captain looking to find his feet.

I would like to think he stopped just before Bradman out of respect, just like Mark Taylor did once he matched his score against Pakistan. Clarke is sensitive to those things so I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Dhoni the test captain has to step down. I`d say have someone like Zaheer as the captain and infuse new life. Dhoni`s style of captaincy, however successful it might have been in the past, is becoming stale now. It may not be his mistake entirely but its time we have a new test captain. That might push Dhoni the batsman to do better as well. India were a completely different team overseas in the 2000s and the attitude they`ve shown in England and in the two tests here is not of a side who was confident overseas in the 2000s.

To have defensive fields with the opposition at 27/4, 200/6, 37/3 and 178/8 is not excusable. Its plain bad captaincy.

When Zaheer is not reliable to pass through an entire series without being injured, how can we thrust captaincy to him? I would say Gambhir's knock in the current ongoing innings will be crucial for Indian cricket. If he makes a real big one and goes on to make a few more crucial knocks this series, he will be the guy to take over test captaincy from Dhoni. If not, we have to fall back on Virender Sehwag. But definitely, Dhoni THE CAPTAIN (in tests) has TO GO!!!

----------

Even if we didnt win this test and lost the series, its just a series, it has no relevance in history, yay we lost a series who cares, like come the next series everyone will forget we lost the series, if the series meant something then yes, but I think Clarkey should have made himself immortal. I dont respect him for declaring, I think he is actually a bit stupid, but it was a great innings non-the less and I dont think people will forget it for at least 10 years.

By batting longer, he would have eaten up more time and given India a little more confidence. All that India wanted at that moment was for Australia to bat longer so that they have less time to surive out there while batting. So from an Australian standpoint, Clarke's decision was a brilliant one that kept the team's interest in mind. I would have loved for Clarke to go on so that India get a better opportunity at escape from jail.

P.s: Minnows can be easily beaten even in their own backyard. But you come to India, and YOU WILL SEE THE WORST NIGHTMARE OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!! I guess someone recently forgot the 5-0 ODI spanking that they were given to their butts!!!:p:yes

Yeah, hosts being annihilated is like a horror movie.

Oh... is that what we saw in the recently concluded ODI series in India featuring the so-called proper cricketing nation in the world? Being beaten 5-0 for two consecutive times (first time should have been 7-0 had it not been for a terrorist attack). If we have to go out overseas and win series, others have to come to India and beat us. Not many teams have done it easily. The last time this so-called proper cricketing nation did it in a test series in India was in '84/85

Wow Sai, I really didn't think you had it in you to still be cocky after 4-0 in England and now this...

Wow Sai, I really didn't think you had it in you to still be cocky after 4-0 in England and now this...

Whats being cocky about it? India have done extremely well back home in India, and I am cocky about it. If England or Australia can be cocky about playing in their own backyard and beating visiting teams, why not me? Its become a fashion to discredit India's performance in the subcontinent just because the pitches are good for batting. If they are so good for batting, why can't other teams bat as well as India? Why do other teams always lose to India in India? Then they blame the conditions. Well we can also blame the conditions for our losses in England and now Australia.

And I was replying to someone who said India is a minnow nation. And I dont take all this BS about not reacting to trolls. I will reply if I want to reply.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, India could be easily be given the worst Test Team of 2011.

See the results

South Africa (2 Test Were Left) - 1 won 1 draw
West Indies - 1 Won - 2 Draw
England - 4 lost
West Indies (home) 2 Won - 1 Draw
Australia (1 Played) - 1 lost

which means 13 test matches played 4 won ( 3 against West Indies) 4 drawn ( against West Indies and SA) and 6 lost :facepalm

I see another 3-0 or 4-0 coming :facepalm

Last edited:
I suspect that Australia have batted a tad better than them over this test.

i think this is full sentence..

Its become a fashion to discredit India's performance in the subcontinent just because the pitches are good for batting. If they are so good for batting, why can't other teams bat as well as India? Why do other teams always lose to India in India? Then they blame the conditions.

So, he is talking about subcontinent and australia doesn't come in Sub-continent. :p
BTW, this test match is not over yet, yes we might not save it but india can prevent innings lost.

----------

As I said earlier, India could be easily be given the worst Test Team of 2011.

See the results

South Africa (2 Test Were Left) - 1 won 1 lost
West Indies - 1 Won - 2 Draw
England - 4 lost
West Indies (home) 2 Won - 1 Draw
Australia (1 Played) - 1 lost

which means 13 test matches played 4 won ( 3 against West Indies) 3 drawn all against West Indies and 7 lost :facepalm

I see another 3-0 or 4-0 coming :facepalm

don't worry for next 2 years india have all test matches in Subcontinent only. (15-20 Test matches i think)
So India will makeup for 2011.

Last edited:
@ Aayush - whats the use of only winning in SC? So Cricket will now be, SC game for SC teams?

Users who are viewing this thread