Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Well played Australia. Hope for a change in 3rd test with Kohli out and Rohit in

Is it really the age? Nahh! The old legs are still better than the new balls.

Quite true that Sehwag tempts his fate every time but that's what many call--'his style'--which somehow is made to appear beyond reproach. Can't figure why?

Dravid is a poor shadow of his own self.In his prime had no business outside off stump, so whats this new poky dravid, huh? So much for 'the wall' and 'the technique'...

Laxman...just take a hike--time to cool off dude!

Sachin...say what... he still shoulders India overseas....best he gets that hundred...that's the only takeaway India are left with in this series....

Dhoni was always built on sand. See his record on bouncy, juicy pitches and you know he can't ever be counted on....For all measures, he should slide himself under Ashwin... let the captain 'cool' his heels there.....

Rohit needs a look at, may be on the cost of Kohli...as does Pathan...but who sits out?

It's amazing how Tendulkar didn't manage to score his 100th 100.

It's actually amazing how many people are obsessed with what is essentially a nothing stat anyway. 100 hundreds in one format would be fantastic, 100 hundreds in 1st class or whatever, but this is just a collection across a lot of formats and doesn't mean anything even though most of the cricketing world seems to be making it out to be.

I'll give you a parallel, scoring a hundred in any format against each other Test nation. I've heard of players "completing the set" of hundreds against every other county/country, it's a nothing.

On the flip side, I think the aussies could have given Clarke a chance to get to 401, even if only an extra 30-45 minutes to have a dart. I can't believe he'd be so wrapped up in his average that he'd care if he was 329 out or not out if he had a chance to make history.

Or he could have just parked on the same score as Bradman as one aussie famously did, that equally was of little significance unless you really want to make something of it.

Team India will be retiring from Tests to focus on money spinning ODIs, T20s and the nIPL, I can see it coming

Aussies outplayed Indians in all the fields. Won by an innings and 68 runs...

Team India will be retiring from Tests to focus on money spinning ODIs, T20s and the nIPL, I can see it coming

I believe it could possibly happen. If this is how India performs in tests overseas, I dont see another golden era coming up for us where we bounce back and perform well abroad. This is going to be another dark period for us overseas.

What are you serious? You think not performing overseas will see India retiring from Test Cricket :lol How much more funny you both can be?

Even England, Australia, South Africa some time dont perform overseas. I said before this is a lean patch for Indian Cricket as they have seen almost everything and dont have that motivation left in them. They have won the WC, seen the No 1 Ranking in test spot, Won the T20 WC have money coming from IPL.

They need some motivation and need to see who are interested in playing which format. Kohli should just be shown the door of exit. No matter how good the player he is, he is tweaking arrogant and this is not how cricket should be played, you have to respect the game to let the game respect you.

The transition period of Indian cricket will now begin with no test cricket for next 8 months.

I see a this lineup

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rohit Sharma
Cheteshwar Pujara
Ajinkya Rahane
MS Dhoni
R Ashwin
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Varun Aaron/Praveen Kumar
Umesh Yadav

I believe it could possibly happen. If this is how India performs in tests overseas, I dont see another golden era coming up for us where we bounce back and perform well abroad. This is going to be another dark period for us overseas.

Bowlers win Test matches, and Ishant/Yadav/Ashwin have the tools to be very successful at international level for years to come. Factor in India's seemingly never-ending supply of batting talent, and the only thing that could possibly hold the team back would be a tendency to cave in pressure situations, or a "system" that failed to develop young talent to their potential.

Oh.

James Pattinson ruled out of the series :rolleyes

Damn it feels good to be back to our ridiculously awesome best. This series will mark the beginning of yet another massive test winning streak for our boys.
You know the state of the game is in bad shape when England's ranked #1, but things will now return to the status quo of Australia being dominant and everyone else a distant second. fearsome tweak yeah.

Damn it feels good to be back to our ridiculously awesome best. This series will mark the beginning of yet another massive test winning streak for our boys.
You know the state of the game is in bad shape when England's ranked #1, but things will now return to the status quo of Australia being dominant and everyone else a distant second. fearsome tweak yeah.
Lol, dont speak to soon!

Our top 3 isn't solid still.

Paine needs to come in for Haddin sooner rather then later and now Pattinsons injured.

Ryan Harris will slot back in nicely though.

Nathan Lyon won't play in Perth, so who will come in??

You know the state of the game is in bad shape when England's ranked #1, but things will now return to the status quo of Australia being dominant and everyone else a distant second. fling yeah.

Sedition Dream'd, but, lo! when he awoke, he found it was a Dream... ;)

O.M.G, WTF is with the injuries. My god. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Well, at least it gives the selectors easier selection of Harris.

Users who are viewing this thread