Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

MSD also bowled himself.

As much a time wasting tactic as intent on taking wickets.

Agree with puddleduck about the 50 vs 650/4, although pressure might be harder on the batsman they have more scoring opportunities with the opposition pushing for wickets and the pitch was flat enough to score hundreds with relative ease. Shame that 401 opportunity was spurned, I guess the aussies had to seal the win and series (?) but as I think I said previously, he could have had a good 'ol slog and the Indians might have even let him get there - deliberately or otherwise. Maybe some already had........................... no wait, that's Pakistan not India :D (or is it?)

I do find it astounding that a captain can hit an unbeaten triple century after coming in at 50 odd for 3, take the wicket of a man on 70 and with the most runs in international cricket to help set up an innings victory in 4 days over one of the supposed strongest touring Indian sides in years... and still have people criticise him :p

I guess the Aussie Pm was right, being Australian cricket captain is harder than running the country ;)

IN my opinon, what lacks in INdian cricket team, is bowling. No decent bowlers, you have dropped Bhajji and Ashwin is too young, he is designed for ODI and T20 not test. Why play players like Ashwin, Kohli they are ODI and T20 players. You want Pujara, Pathan to bowl.

This sounds crazy, and obviously will not happen but...

I think Sachin should be opening the batting here. He's by far the best batsman technically, and best equipped to handle the pace and bounce of the new ball. The rest can follow him later. If the idea is to "protect" the middle order against the new ball then having an opener like Sehwag/Warner etc makes no sense in Test cricket. I don't know why in cricket there is such a rigid batting order that must be followed in every match.

everyone seems to be forgetting that India beat us last time at the WACA and we went 4 pronged pace and it failed miserably.

Does anyone know anything about this fine grass they've been using at the WACA? I'm guessing it means you can have a fast, bouncy greentop without too much seam movement. Is that right? Sounds good to me, although long-term I'd like to see us having more practice at domestic level against the moving ball.

Does anyone know anything about this fine grass they've been using at the WACA? I'm guessing it means you can have a fast, bouncy greentop without too much seam movement. Is that right? Sounds good to me, although long-term I'd like to see us having more practice at domestic level against the moving ball.

the WA Queensland Shield game was a green top at the WACA.

http://livescores.cricket.com.au/scoreboard_2668_7.html

Does anyone know anything about this fine grass they've been using at the WACA?

I believe they found more of the soil in Margaret River for the WACA pitch to restore it to its former fame but it is still not as bouncy as it used to be.

Faster than the average though.

I believe they found more of the soil in Margaret River for the WACA pitch to restore it to its former fame but it is still not as bouncy as it used to be.

Faster than the average though.

Interesting. If you took up a collection to finish restoring the WACA pitch to its former glory, I reckon you could raise a fair bit. James Pattinson, for one, would probably donate most of his salary for the next decade for the sake of being able to catch batsmen in the throat off a good length.

It's all well and good having aggressive bowling but you should also keep in mind that the batsmen have developed on hard and fast wickets so will probably fair better, so I think Perth is up for grabs. I think Aus have as good a chance on any of those pitches.

IN my opinon, what lacks in INdian cricket team, is bowling. No decent bowlers, you have dropped Bhajji and Ashwin is too young, he is designed for ODI and T20 not test. Why play players like Ashwin, Kohli they are ODI and T20 players. You want Pujara, Pathan to bowl.

Pujara cannot bowl. Ashwin is good,persist with him for some more time. Bhajji has had his chances. Though I would not have minded him in Australia seeing as his batting could have atleast fetched us some runs.

everyone seems to be forgetting that India beat us last time at the WACA and we went 4 pronged pace and it failed miserably.

Last time round, we had a captain who knew when to attack and how to set fields, and to trust his bowlers.- Anil Kumble. MSd sucks plain.

Even if we play a test v Bangladesh or the Combined ICC XI, we will still lose.

----------

Indian players are resting instead of practicing. Why doesn't CA organize a tour of Western Australia for them ?

Many reasons for that.

SCG saga caused some headaches for the aussies. Hayden was injured and brought in the hopeless Rogers.

Users who are viewing this thread