Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

What makes Australia good is the bounce in the pitches. The bounce is completely different to other countries and gives them the upper hand.

Not the green pitches, Australia can't even handle the green pitches. New Zealand bowlers got Australia out for less than 150. I'm sure India bowlers can be better than NZ.

Why is the match starting so late? I was able to view till the last drinks break for the last 2 matches. Now I will be able to see only one session :mad:mad

It's played in Perth. Time difference from normal time is 3hrs.

I still at times think Australia is tiny country/continent (did they ever fix that confusion :lol:lol). The globe and atlas I used to have as a kid had Australia hiding somewhere at the bottom and was so small :cheers

Of course the big call this morning is Lyon vs Starc. I think you all know I don't like 4 fast men - sure it worked last summer vs England, but the 4th fast bowler was barely needed. Siddle bowled only 13 overs out of 100. That's the thing with 4 quicks - if the pitch is green enough, you won't need all 4, and if it isn't juicy enough you'll want a spinner.

What happened at Perth last year isn't a precedent though - that was just circumstances in that test match in which Ponting just bowled Harris/Hilfy/Johnson more.

I have seen many test and know of may test in test history in which on greentops/bouncy decks captain evenly shared the bowling amongst four quicks.

Given that Lyon isn't fully herald as a top-class off-spinner like Swann - if AUS encounters conditions like this, he becomes dispensable for a fourth quick. (This is presuming Watson isn't in the team as the case is now)

England could have easily played fourth seamer at Swann last year at Perth, but they didn't need to or rather couldn't since Swann cannot be dropped.

Last edited:
I still at times think Australia is tiny country/continent (did they ever fix that confusion :lol:lol). The globe and atlas I used to have as a kid had Australia hiding somewhere at the bottom and was so small :cheers

It's not that small. It's the 6th biggest country. It's a wide country, so it extends the time differences

Never thought I'd see the day India would use 4 pacemen, was a change to see them using 3 of them.

As I mentioned last night, once we didn't name our 11 we were always going 4 pacemen.

Playing Vinay Kumar ahead of Mithun doesn't sound good to me. Mithun is a more faster bowler and for a pitch like this, I felt he would have been a better option. Dhoni is giving Kohli a longer rope and Kohli better make full use of the opportunity. I wish Dhoni re-jigs the batting order a little bit and sends Kohli ahead of Laxman or even Tendulkar.

OMG...who will score runs now? Dhoni should probably have been rested.

From Cricinfo

Vinay Kumar comes in for Ashwin. Well, that is an interesting line-up indeed. Ashwin has been India's second highest run-getter this series as well.

----------

The Last time it was Friday the 13th, Australia smashed Ireland in cricket.

Was Jason Voorhees playing for Australia :lol:lol

So India playing 4 Quicks as i expected but Australia bowling after winning toss didn't expected as they generally don't do it...
Vinay Kumar is not bad choice in this condition where ball will swing all day.

*sigh*

Dravid might as well just open outside the subcontinent. He's essentially doing that anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread