Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Good stuff from Umesh! :clap Frankly, 208 runs lead wont be easy to get to and then set Australia a target to chase. In order to do this, India must make at least 150 and to do that we must make 350 which wont be easy until and unless these two openers put up a opening partnership of 100 or above. The fact is, our middle order really isn't performing and so we need our top order to perform and that is not happening at all. Sehwag needs to understand the situation and try and play a sensible game till the end of the day. It's Sehwag who can take India out of this situation, his quick runs can indeed get us out of this situation but him getting out would be a disaster in this situation.

After the first couple of hours, the heavy rolling will wear off and the ball should move around, both through the air and off the cracks. India need to use their advantages where possible and I don't think they'll prove anything by being conservative in this period.

Haha, on your bike Laxman. One Indian batsman that I thought would have a good series here at the beginning.

I though Indian batsmen would show some spine after a good fightback by their bowlers but looks like that spine has degenerated into nothing with all that ageing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread