Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

Decision could have gone either way for Sachin, but conclusive enough that leg stump was being ripped out. Just because he had a cry about it, doesn't mean he's right :rolleyes

Decision could have gone either way for Sachin, but conclusive enough that leg stump was being ripped out. Just because he had a cry about it, doesn't mean he's right :rolleyes

The ball was clearly missing the leg stump, hawkeye is anyways incorrect,
just looking at the real time video gives you a clear idea.

@macintosh: Lets live with it. They will invariably soon bring up that trash DRS into the equation saying "you didnt chose to have DRS this series".

DRS wouldn't have changed the decision either way, would have stayed with the umpire. Sachin played a crap shot and was trapped dead, live with it indeed.

@macintosh: Lets live with it. They will invariably soon bring up that trash DRS into the equation saying "you didnt chose to have DRS this series".

But he would have anyways been given out if the DRS was available, because hawkeye is showing a faint edge on the leg stump and the on field umpire's call would have been taken, it doesn't look out in the real time video, it was missing the leg stump.

Not sure about Kohli cementing his spot, unless you mean just for the 4th test. Would like to see Rohit given a chance in place of Laxman or Gambhir.

----------

But he would have anyways been given out if the DRS was available, because hawkeye is showing a faint edge on the leg stump and the on field umpire's call would have been taken, it doesn't look out in the real time video, it was missing the leg stump.

It's looked out to me every time. Maybe they doctored the replay and your memory of it live is picture perfect.. or you're just going by Sachin's reaction.

The ball was clearly missing the leg stump, hawkeye is anyways incorrect,
just looking at the real time video gives you a clear idea.

IT was hitting leg stump OR it was umpire's decision.

Even if DRS was in play he was out no matter what.

It's looked out to me every time. Maybe they doctored the replay and your memory of it live is picture perfect.. or you're just going by Sachin's reaction.

Don't think it was out, and now I can understand why India is not with the DRS, I was in support of the DRS but all it can do is overturn some really bad decisions but when it comes to close calls, it becomes a disadvantage for either of the side. In such a crucial time of the match, a bad decision would have still not been overturned because of the inaccuracy of the hawkeye, it would have been a completely different scenario if Sachin and Dravid were still there towards the end of the days play.

Then who? Kohli isn't dismissed yet and Raina isn't playing.
Is England playing a match somewhere and KP got out?

Hahaha, grapes most sour huh? KP is the exact opposite of a FTB for all I know.

Don't think it was out

That looked dead plumb to my eyes and I'm pretty sure that even the best umpire would have given that out, for it to be not overturned via DRS.

As I said before, bowling has not been a worry for India on this tour. It is batting that has caused trouble.

Another failure for Laxman. :facepalm

This is the first time Indian bowling has looked settled. Still we have to find a replacement for Zaheer Khan because I don't see him playing for more than a year now.

Umesh bowled very well yesterday.

Ishant has to get some wickets which will help boost his confidence. He is bowling well but not getting wickets which is frustrating.

Last edited:
For all the talk of India's bowling...it has been surprisingly good so far this series. Sydney was awful of course, but I put that down mainly to Dhoni's insipid captaincy and field placing (seriously, it was dire) and India's attitude in the field more than any lack of talent. The way the bowling came back today was very heartening.

India's batting on the other hand ...:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread