Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) Dec-Jan 2011/12

...AND game over.

It was already over. I was expecting Dravid to be bowled between bat and pad any moment, and it duly arrived. Dravid's technique is brutally exposed in today's times and its good for him if he duly acknowledges it and announces retirement. He should not embarrass himself further.

Feel like punching Dhoni on his face. Probably our worst test player ever to captain the test side!:mad If this series doesnt spell his end in tests, it would be a waste of time watching India's test cricket. Only thing to watch now is if Kohli can get his first test century. If our lower order helps him do it, he would be an answer for India's future and also India could avoid an innings defeat which would be a tiny consolation.

LOL @ Sai, classic Indian fan. Dravid goes from hero in England just a few months ago where his technique was good enough to hit 3 centuries against the best bowling attack in the world in their own backyard to a hopeless embarrassment who should retire. yea ok...

Sachin was equally bad in England but he was just nervous about his 100th 100 wasn't he?

Talk about double standards... don't bother replying because your reply is quite predictable.

Nobody except Sachin has scored any runs for India and Dravid has been India's 2nd highest run scorer in one of his worst series'... It has been a collective failure. He has had a bad series but that doesn't mean he should retire. It hasn't been a dip in form that has been carrying on for a few series' now like Laxman. Just 6 bad innings, and in 2 of them he got to 50 (well, essentially).

Last edited:
Whatever I say, you are not going to agree. I have been encountering Dravid fanatics like you in some other Indian forums too during this series. Sachin has looked far more consistent enough both in England and in Australia. Dravid got the big runs there and looked better of all the batsmen, but here he has looked exposed. And I want all three to retire, not just Dravid. I just wanted Sachin to stay longer because one player has to lead the team through the transition and Sachin is the best guy for it. I dont care what you think of my replies, but DRAVID AND LAXMAN HAVE TO RETIRE SOON!!!!! I would prefer that we lose with young players rather than watch these seniors embarass themselves. For me, age matters. I dont care a hoot to people who say age doesnt matter. Age matters. Dravid is clearly showing signs of his age affecting his gameplay and I dont expect him to greatly improve from here on.

I never said Sachin was nervous about his 100th ton when he played in England. I said that during his innings of 73 at Sydney in the second innings, and I stand by that opinion. Dravid failed in that innings in Sydney.

Last edited:
I'm not going to agree because you're wrong, not because I am a fanatic. I am a fan. There's a difference. I would have absolutely no problem in supporting your argument for Dravid's retirement but I don't think it's valid, at least not now or not yet.

He was India's best batsman in 2011 and guess when 2011 ended? Just 14 days before...

Last edited:
Wait, people bagging on Dravid's technique?

His technique is fine. His hand/eye co-ordination and reflexes are fading. England was an incredible effort, but here he just hasn't been able to lift his game up yet. The bat is coming down late, he's not covering for the swing. In England he played very, very late and looked really awkward at times when adjusting for late movement. Which is the perfect way to play. He hasn't done that well here.

Despite that, he's our second best (or second least worst) performer this series.

India have just been awful. Time to drop the Fab 4 IMO. Viru, Laxman, Sachin and Dravid. They're still scoring runs, yes, but they have no energy in the field, and are more prone to failing and more vulnerable that they have ever been with the bat. And it just feels like they have no drive. Viru is Viru, he plays how he plays. Laxman looks like he's hung up the boots. Dravid is trying harder than ever, but cricket just seems so difficult for him, and it feels like the only reason Sachin is playing now is for that century.

MSD needs a break. Plain and simple. Time off. Not dropped for good. Just some rest.

Yadav is promising as a bowler. As is Ashwin. Ishant needs time off too. His action is still falling apart too regularly, he's bowling with injuries and niggles. He needs time off to recover, and some time in domestic cricket (Preferably England) before he comes back.

Vinay Kumar should have never played tests. Where is Irfan ffs.

Last edited:
Nice work Vinay, delicate poke straight to slips. Hopefully the rest of the tail won't be so idiotic and Kohli gets to triple figures. That would make like 10 centuries to 0 so far in the series?

Zaheer being Zaheer, he is not going to care a hoot for Kohli's hundred. He is going to have a wild swing at it. Hope Ishant atleast gives Kohli support

Well, he couldnt do anything about that. Sad it will be if Kohli doesn't get that hundred. He needs it, India needs that hundred from him. We want one guy to make that statement and say "I will play long for India in test matches".

You know your in trouble as a wicket keeper when the slips are taking catches for you.

Goddamn, tuned in 23 minutes ago and was happy it was only 6 down and I might get to watch some cricket :facepalm

Hilfenhaus destroyed the tail!, Has there ever been a series where every game was won by an innings :noway

Users who are viewing this thread